Liverpool vs Augsburg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The_Rock » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:55 am

So...........we have a cup final awaiting (a few days after this match).

So what shall we do ?....

I will not start Sturridge, Can and Hendo so as they are unleashed against city....and it is getting proven that these players don't really do well when they have to play every few days.

So here goes
                                                 Mig
                             Clyne     Toure    Lovern     Moreno
                                            Lucas  Milner
                                    Firmino     Coutino
                                      Origi     Benteke

Would take a tight and scrappy 1-0 win now.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:54 am

Liverpool vs FC Augsburg - Europa League - Thursday 25th February- Kick Off 6pm

Our updated Europa League Squad: Simon Mignolet, Danny Ward, Nathaniel Clyne, Steven Caulker, Kolo Toure, Dejan Lovren, Alberto Moreno, Mamadou Sakho, Martin Skrtel, Lucas Leiva, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Emre Can, Joe Allen, Philippe Coutinho, Adam Lallana, Roberto Firmino, Divock Origi, Joao Teixeira, Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke

Also the U21s who do not need to be registered: Jordon Ibe, Brad Smith, Cameron Brannagan, Pedro Chirivella, Jordan Rossiter

So After a disappointing 0-0 draw in Germany last week, this game has become a very tricky balancing act, taking into account we have a huge season defining League Cup Final to Manchester City on Sunday

I am positive as I am sure most members here are too that Jurgen Klopp would have preferred to have a couple of goals cushion going into this second leg so that key players such as Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino to name but 3 could be benched / rested and used just in case needed

Now this is a totally different animal, we need to win but at the same time not pick up injuries to key players, a very difficult balancing act indeed and one that Jurgen will have put a lot of thought into

I still think we can comfortably beat these without risking everyone, yes of course this is a massive game in it's own right and we must progress but we must be careful

Still injury concerns over Lallana, Lovren and Skrtel so very unlikely they will be involved, Brad Smith is back from injury also

I would probably consider starting the game with Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Milner, Ibe, Firmino, Benteke. With Sturridge, Coutinho on the bench in case the game needs rescuing at some point

It is certainly going to be interesting, but I think a fast out of the blocks start is needed, get an early goal settle down the nerves of both the players and fans and then hopefully grab a second and move on from there

I predict a 2-1 win for Liverpool
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:08 am

Now that's ^^^^^ what I call a match thread starter   :bowdown

Well in CR  :buttrock .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:34 am

I think Rossiter's still out isn't he? I wouldn't rush him back, he's got too bright a future to suffer a repeat injury.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Fking 6pm ko!! Didn't notice that when I booked my trains. Just paid 20 quid for the privelige of switching to an earlier one. Not happy.

Anyway, looking forward to going to this one. I think we'll put out a strong team despite the cup final days later. We've had a good rest in the run up to this one. Sturridge I don't expect to start, cant see him starting 2 in just a few days, but I'd expect our strongest team otherwise with sturridge on the bench if needed.

2-0 reds.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:44 pm

What if we play our strongest 11 and it goes to extra time? We'd find it hard match Man City for 90+ mins on Sunday if it does.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:24 pm

And what happens if we don't play our strongest 11 and lose in the last minute like we did against West Ham! Can't really afford another tactical fk up !! Obviously I would desperately like to turn over City at Wembley and that's annoying little runt Sterling  but let's not forget the immense prize that is available for winning the Europa league.
Last edited by devaney on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:29 pm

the return of HAS » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:44 pm wrote:What if we play our strongest 11 and it goes to extra time? We'd find it hard match Man City for 90+ mins on Sunday if it does.

Man Shitie have got to travel to Russia this week and then prepare for a trip to London for a final. Neither team has it easy.
Our squad has a lot of players returning who will be desperate to prove their fitness and worth.
JK will make the right calls!
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:00 am

Maybe JK will being Big Ben on in the 83rd minute instead of the 84th to rest someone.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Play your best 11 ffs. Our best chance of getting into the CL. If we play a weakened side and exit the Europa then play our full strength side against City and lose the Carling Cup we'll look like idiots.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:10 pm

aCe' » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 pm wrote:Play your best 11 ffs. Our best chance of getting into the CL. If we play a weakened side and exit the Europa then play our full strength side against City and lose the Carling Cup we'll look like idiots.

:nod

There was a time when questioned about fixtures further down the road, our mantra was "We take it one game at a time" , it brought us some success !

You can rest players for one match in anticipation of a future fixture only to find them injured in training or even the pre match warm up   :wwww

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:35 pm

aCe' » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 pm wrote:Play your best 11 ffs. Our best chance of getting into the CL. If we play a weakened side and exit the Europa then play our full strength side against City and lose the Carling Cup we'll look like idiots.

Agreed, absolutely no point in taking any unnecessary chances, theres no guarantee of us winning the cup final so lets just put out the strongest team we have for both games and see how we do! also im going to be at this game so id like to see decent players out there! lol
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Always a pleasure to see Jurgen dealing with the media

BUT, i'm getting fed up with these bi-lingual confrences

Don't any of these German journo's speak English ? , after all WE won the fking war   :kungfu:

For what it's worth here's the link. (to the conference, not us winning the war   :D  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:21 pm

I'd play our best side, if we have to do something like take Sturridge off after an hour then so be it but we can't afford to start f**king around with line ups too much when CL qualification is on the line. We'll start worrying about the final on Sunday once we've got past this crowd.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:21 pm wrote:I'd play our best side, if we have to do something like take Sturridge off after an hour then so be it but we can't afford to start f**king around with line ups too much when CL qualification is on the line. We'll start worrying about the final on Sunday once we've got past this crowd.

I'd play our best 11 as a principal but I don't think we can even dream on winning this tournament...We are miles away from the stronger teams remaining.
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games