Arsenal vs LIVERPOOL 3/11 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:41 pm

We are at the summit of the league at present but I can see us slipping down the table, if we keep playing like this. We're not playing anywhere near our best, and vastly need to improve.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:49 pm

I don't know what you people expected. Playing at the Emirates is never easy, it was always going to be a tough game but thought we were the better team overall and deserved to win it more than them.

My only concern is, we haven't beaten anyone from the top 4. If we want to win the title, we should have beaten one of City, Chelsea or Arsenal. On the flip side we haven't lost yet but I don't know if that is going to be enough.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:51 pm

damjan193 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:49 pm wrote:I don't know what you people expected. Playing at the Emirates is never easy, it was always going to be a tough game but thought we were the better team overall and deserved to win it more than them.

My only concern is, we haven't beaten anyone from the top 4. If we want to win the title, we should have beaten one of City, Chelsea or Arsenal. On the flip side we haven't lost yet but I don't know if that is going to be enough.

We beat spurs (currently 4th) away
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Doeboy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:51 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:49 pm wrote:I don't know what you people expected. Playing at the Emirates is never easy, it was always going to be a tough game but thought we were the better team overall and deserved to win it more than them.

That's correct, I apologize, didn't think Spurs are in the top 4. My point still stands though, we need to beat some of the title challengers (which Spurs are not IMO, and Arsenal, in current form, definitely are).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:57 pm

People expect progress..We weren't the better team and the result was fair although we did have more chances..We look disjointed at parts and their is no fluidity in our play..
It's early times and i do expect Keita to really kick-in which will be a huge boost but so far we are limping...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Man City 4-1 ahead at HT.

Starting to feel like a sprinter who's breaking personal bests cheered by an adoring crowd only to see Usain Bolt run away from you.

Got to try and keep the faith and our challenge is mental motivation and belief so much as anything.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:58 pm

parchpea » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:53 pm wrote:Man City 4-1 ahead at HT.

Starting to feel like a sprinter who's breaking personal bests cheered by an adoring crowd only to see Usain Bolt run away from you.

Got to try and keep the faith and our challenge is mental motivation and belief so much as anything.

City should be a case for Fifa Uefa The Interpol and whoever the fck deals with corruption and fair play...It's ridicules that they and PSG are allowed to compete.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:24 pm

Yeah there where rumours some of City's books had been got at earlier this week showing how FIFA looked the other way when they breached FFP.

Occasionally this surfaces but never any momentum but I would be surprised if they wasn't any wrong doing at all put it that way.
Last edited by parchpea on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:26 pm

only me » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:57 pm wrote:

People expect progress..We weren't the better team and the result was fair although we did have more chances..We look disjointed at parts and their is no fluidity in our play..
It's early times and i do expect Keita to really kick-in which will be a huge boost but so far we are limping...

If you think Arsenal looked a lot better then you're deluded. They played at home so it's normal for them to have more control of the game. We however, had more chances, were infront, and deserved to win it more than them. If you think that the likes of City and Chelsea would have played them off the park in this form then you are very much mistaken. Did you watch the Spurs vs City match mate? It was very much like this match only they didn't lose points due to a late equalizer.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:48 pm

damjan193 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:55 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:51 pm wrote:

That's correct, I apologize, didn't think Spurs are in the top 4. My point still stands though, we need to beat some of the title challengers (which Spurs are not IMO, and Arsenal, in current form, definitely are).

Not so sure about that. Spurs seem to go under the radar somewhat for some reason but end up creeping up on you as te season goes on. They are only 3 points behind us so their form can't be that far off.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:49 pm

City +13 GD is like an extra point for them. Like someone said it is like PSG, how are we meant to compete with them in the league. All we can do is stay close to them and hopefully something swings our way.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Down to third, and the teams around us have form.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:56 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:22 pm wrote:Down to third, and the teams around us have form.

Do you mean unbeaten in 11 the same as us
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Top 5 teams are all pretty much in good form. In the last 5 league games we have 9 pts out of 15, the lowest yield out of the current top 5 teams. However we did play Chelsea, City and Arsenal in the last 5 games. Still I think if we have title aspirations, we should probably be picking up more from those 3 games.

City - 13 out of 15
Chelsea - 11 out of 15
Tottenham - 12 out of 15
Arsenal - 11 out of 15
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:05 pm

I think we've done pretty well, given we're not in top form. The important thing is we didn't lose against any of our main rivals.  be it for the top 4 or the title. 

Our defence has also improved almost immeasurably over the past 12 months. We finally have the basis of a title winning side.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games