Arsenal vs LIVERPOOL 3/11 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby electrum » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:01 pm

A pretty lacklustre performance against a surprisingly good Arsenal team. We saw only flashes of the kind of football that was our trademark last season.

All the media talk of a 2 horse race was very premature it would seem. For me Chelsea and Arsenal are right in the mix as well with their performances of late.
Its going to be one of the closest PLs ever in my opinion. City are clear favourites I think and we need to keep within a couple of points all the way and hope that the pressure tells closer to the business end of the season,
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:05 pm

We had no piddly cup distraction during the week, so the whole week to prepare for this game, and still the players looked exhausted. What's that all about?
This is two points dropped.
Dunno what's got into the front three since the start of the season, they're just not clicking at all.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:11 pm

Arsenal showed why they are knocking on the door of Top four at the minute, and it's very close between the top six.

Puzzling performance by us. I'm not sure if it's a point gained or two points lost!?

I'm also not certain if we can win the title by the form in the league we have shown this season so far.

Salah has been low key thus far, Firmino non existent and Mane his usual selfish self.

I'm not sure if Klopp knows his best Midfield XI at the minute.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 pm

VVD should have scored a hattrick today also :D
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 am

Who is going to take points off City, that is all that matters at this point.

Those ruthless b.astards just don't want to slip up like us.
killerp

Postby eds » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:48 am

Alexander-Arnold was a big worry today, stunk the place with a p**s poor performance.

Let’s make sure we never see that rubbish from him ever again.

We were pretty much outplayed for large parts of the game so i think both Klopp and the players need to
put their hands up that we just didn’t try hard enough.

Unlike most of you I’m not falling into the whole Arsenal are a good team nonsense. Their defense is incredibly poor and at our peak we would put 3-4 past this mob.

Poor result as far as I’m concerned.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:23 am

killerp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 am wrote:Who is going to take points off City, that is all that matters at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a race for 2nd spot. It is a tough task to keep up with Pepes City. Yes they will occasionally drop points but fact is we will drop more.
Anyhow at least we are still close to them and importantly stay close throughout the campaign.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:20 am

redshade » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:23 am wrote:
killerp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 am wrote:Who is going to take points off City, that is all that matters at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a race for 2nd spot. It is a tough task to keep up with Pepes City. Yes they will occasionally drop points but fact is we will drop more.
Anyhow at least we are still close to them and importantly stay close throughout the campaign.

I'll take second but our front three are consistently inconsistent, be a damn miracle on current form against the top 6. Eventually someone needs to step up in the big games like Hazard did with us.
killerp

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:43 am

Some of you must still be thinking about the Arsenal under Arsene Wenger. This revitalized Arsenal under Unai Emery are not smucks and their form shows that. IMO, after City and Chelsea, Arsenal is our biggest threat. They are definitely better than Spurs on current form.

After going 1-0 up I feel quite disappointed to not bag all 3 points. But to be fair, if we did bag all 3 points, Arsenal would have considered themselves hard done by. This season, it's not top 6 anymore, it is top 4 with ourselves, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. To get a draw away at one of our top 4 rivals is not the end of the world. What we need at the end of the day is consistently beat the beatable teams and we'll be in it for the title challenge.

Another point, today's Fabinho's performance clearly showed why Klopp was holding him back. He really struggled under Arsenal's pace. It appears Fabinho may just not be the 2nd coming of Viera as some are making it out to be  :laugh: .
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:10 am

Disappointing to concede that goal and I know its frustrating that we are not knocking in the goals as we were last season. I am just pleased to be where we are considering we are not at our best but I reckon our form will return and we will have a very strong second half of the season. Arsenal are in a good run of form at present but I don't reckon it will last, their squad is weak.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:37 am

maguskwt » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:43 am wrote:Some of you must still be thinking about the Arsenal under Arsene Wenger. This revitalized Arsenal under Unai Emery are not smucks and their form shows that. IMO, after City and Chelsea, Arsenal is our biggest threat. They are definitely better than Spurs on current form.

After going 1-0 up I feel quite disappointed to not bag all 3 points. But to be fair, if we did bag all 3 points, Arsenal would have considered themselves hard done by. This season, it's not top 6 anymore, it is top 4 with ourselves, City, Chelsea and Arsenal. To get a draw away at one of our top 4 rivals is not the end of the world. What we need at the end of the day is consistently beat the beatable teams and we'll be in it for the title challenge.

Another point, today's Fabinho's performance clearly showed why Klopp was holding him back. He really struggled under Arsenal's pace. It appears Fabinho may just not be the 2nd coming of Viera as some are making it out to be  :laugh: .

Having played so many games it's evident we are still unable to replicate our top form of last year ,our performance in many games ,mainly against top form ,is pretty average to poor...I have no idea what Klopp system is at the moment...
On the flip side due to our super strong defensive unit we are very hard to break and that explains our point/league table status...
Klopp is sticking to the 3 upfront tactics but if they aren't pressing then it's just useless...one smart pass forward finds all 3 behind the ball and exposing our average MF to the opponents attack...

I thought Fab has a weak game ,like almost everyone to be honest ,but what i liked about him is his agressive approach to the game resulting at times in multiple fouls..i can live with as long as they aren't in dangerous areas.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:54 am

As expected a hard game and draw fair. If anyone edged it then it was Arsenal for me.

Fabhino is taking time to adapt so it's a loss when Henderson goes out and Keita and at times it showed.

We understand we are competing against a financial juggernut, footballs Usain Bolt, but got to keep in the race as long as we can.

At this point you just can't see City dropping points so we could do with some hope this afternoon but it feels hopeless.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:18 am

I still think we're one creative superstar player from winning the league. A De Bruyne/Coutinho/Suarez style player that can change a game in a heartbeat. We have all the huff and puff in the world and we can grind out results, but it's draining to watch nevermind being a part of it.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:25 am

Fair result in the end although disappointing we couldn't hold out for the win after going ahead and not long to go.  Arsenal are a different team under Emery. He is a top coach and good tactician and no surprise they are unbeaten since August. On the game itself, felt Arsenal started taking control in midfield. I know Fabinho is still finding his feet but one concern I do have with him is he seems to be very one footed. Often see him look to move the ball to his right when he would be best served to use his left. It's hard to do that in England as time on the ball is limited.

We've had a good start to the season however so have the other top sides apart from Utd so there's not much between the top 5 placed teams in terms of points at the moment. Next 2 months will be quite important in keeping pace with the top but also hopefully trying to open up a gap between the chasing pack.
Doeboy

Postby algymoon » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:16 pm

We were lucky to get a point!, and I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal to finish above us due to their clinical and effective striking force, compared with our most exciting master of the dud Firmino and Abu Falafel Salah the alleged World Class!, it was only Mane who has been consistent and without him we have no striking force to keep LFC in the top five, not four. The referees were Sh*t again.
Our defence kept us in the game to gain a point, however, Alexander made lots of mistakes and he was exposed badly, he is a very good talent, but he is no right back, he will be very effective in midfield, therefore we need a solid right back, however, not the useless Clyne.
The team needs to improve lots in order to keep pace with the top teams, furthermore, the changes ought to be made at 60 minutes and not the last 10 minutes, the crazy manager needs to wake up!!!

The team needs to win on Tuesday in CL
algymoon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games