YOSSI BENAYOUN TO JOIN CHELSEA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:45 pm

He will sit on the bench at Chelsea like he did here but likely hes picking up a bob or two more in wages and part of a side that competes for every competition. I understand why he would have an interest in the switch but just surprised Chelsea moving in on him. Bennys a good lad, hard working and honest pro but hes no worldbeater. If I where a Chelsea fan I would be expecting better than him coming in.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Personally, I don't believe we ever saw the best of Yossi and I think he was under-used by Benitez.

I believe he is a decent player and one who can turn a game when called upon; which is a quality that should be valued. But, I think he was somewhat wasted at Anfield, along with Aqualini and never really happy at the club.

At the end of the day, it's very difficult to give an accurate judgement on him, because he wasn't really used with an awful lot of consistancy.

If he does go to chelsea, I can't really see where he's going to fit in. The Blues have an abundance of midfielders to choose from. Unless there are a few surprises to come out of that camp in the near future.

I think it's a bigger loss than some others on here.
tonyeh

Postby Madmax » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 pm

He added much needed depth to the squad and did give us an alternative attack at times.. Good luck yossi! You will win trophies at chelsea don't worry... Next time you see liverpool winning one will probably be another 5-10 years.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Madmax wrote:He added much needed depth to the squad and did give us an alternative attack at times.. Good luck yossi! You will win trophies at chelsea don't worry... Next time you see liverpool winning one will probably be another 5-10 years.

F4ck right off you cheeky fruit
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:34 am

Good squad player but I don't see him as that big a loss. Good luck at Chelsea I suppose.
Zidane

Postby Madmax » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:03 am

neil wrote:
Madmax wrote:He added much needed depth to the squad and did give us an alternative attack at times.. Good luck yossi! You will win trophies at chelsea don't worry... Next time you see liverpool winning one will probably be another 5-10 years.

F4ck right off you cheeky fruit

feck you nubby
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 am

It will be a shame to see Yossi go, but will he get anynore game time at Chelsea than he has with us, i suspect if anything he will play less for them.
leep33

Postby Owzat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:28 am

leep33 wrote:It will be a shame to see Yossi go, but will he get anynore game time at Chelsea than he has with us, i suspect if anything he will play less for them.

I suppose you could understand someone who's not won the league (here) wanting to taste it. Plus who says footballers look at it objectively and don't believe they are better than they actually/probably are? SWP went to Chelsea, he probably thought he'd get more games than he did. It happens, ambition probably overrules sense with a lot of footballers.

I am a little surprised Chelsea don't have eyes on bigger and better than Benayoun though. Surely they can afford better if they can afford to release Ballack and Cole without getting a fee (by selling them before their contracts ran out)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Yossi has been a good player for us, and has rarely let us down. I wish him all the best and hope he gets a good reception when he returns to Anfield. I cant blame him for wanting to move for the chance of medals. And money is what makes the world go round, and we have none!

Also, I would rather have the money for him in the bank if it means other players will not have to leave.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Liverpool 2007–08 47 11
Liverpool 2008–09 40 9
Liverpool 2009–10 39 8

And people say he was under used ???
Benny The Noon

Postby Well Red » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:44 am

BROUGHTON MADE THIS HAPPEN. £6MILLION IS NOT ENOUGH FOR AN INTERNATIONAL CAPTAIN. :angry:
Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 am

How old is he though? It was probably about right.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:48 am

bavlondon wrote:How old is he though? It was probably about right.

Not really David Villa's 30 and barca have just paid 30 million for him.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:12 am

Ciggy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:How old is he though? It was probably about right.

Not really David Villa's 30 and barca have just paid 30 million for him.

He's 28  :nod
Fauxy

Postby Teshie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 pm

Anyone get the feeling that Yossi being sold MAYBE means Arab investors are wanting to buy the club, but won't agree with an Israeli being part of the squad? I just had this funny feeling since I heard about Yossi first weighing up his options while Investors from Saudi were always in the rumours of buying out LFC
Teshie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion