YOSSI BENAYOUN TO JOIN CHELSEA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:05 pm

going by what other have said on other forums, its all down to him chasing money......nothing to do with our club, he was not getting the wage he was looking for and we was not going to give him more after the season we have just had.....so he is off.

or is he? I think it would be a very strange but for them
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:09 pm

lakes10 wrote:going by what other have said on other forums, its all down to him chasing money......nothing to do with our club, he was not getting the wage he was looking for and we was not going to give him more after the season we have just had.....so he is off.

I honestly think if Rafa was here and he didnt want to sell him he wouldnt go anywhere
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:12 pm

lakes10 wrote:going by what other have said on other forums, its all down to him chasing money......nothing to do with our club, he was not getting the wage he was looking for and we was not going to give him more after the season we have just had.....so he is off.

He was on 60 grand a week isnt that enough  ???

And he will be picking splinters out of his @rse at Chelsea. 5 million for a player with 3 years still left on his contract and a decent player at that something feckin fishy goin on here and it stinks.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Greavesie wrote:

I honestly think if Rafa was here and he didnt want to sell him he wouldnt go anywhere

its down to money with him mate, he loves football but has always had a thing for money, its been clear for about a year that not many at the club are going to get a pay rise.

that you can blame the owners for.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:15 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

its down to money with him mate, he loves football but has always had a thing for money, its been clear for about a year that not many at the club are going to get a pay rise.

dunno mate, seems to me you're trying to deflect the blame here towards the owners before anyone makes the point that this is a knock on from getting rid of Rafa and subsequently having a jab at the 'antis'. Therefore you're dismissing the idea that Rafa maybe have stopped the move

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:20 pm

well if its a Rafa thing then i am sure he will say so in his first interview.

but lets see if its all trye first, nothing on SSN and the bbc have nothing .
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:21 pm

lakes10 wrote:its down to money with him mate, he loves football but has always had a thing for money,

I think your just saying that because he's Jewish.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:21 pm

I sincerely hope to Lakes, not that I dont mind losing Benny but losing players with no manager is a bad implication on where we're headed this summer

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:22 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

How the hell do you know that Lakes? It's all down to the money? Maybe, he thinks he's good enough to be Chelsea's regular LM and wants to play regular football at the top level in the last few years of his career.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:
damjan193 wrote:Dont know why Rafa rarely played him.

:Oo:  the only time he didnt play him was when he was injured he was in the team more than he was out of it.

When he came back from injury he still didnt play.Babel played insted.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:30 pm

damjan193 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

:Oo:  the only time he didnt play him was when he was injured he was in the team more than he was out of it.

Babel played, think you should have been here when the Babelians were in full force  :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC ANIME » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Greavesie wrote:
damjan193 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Babel played, think you should have been here when the Babelians were in full force  :D

Babel is a big lard, always clumsy... just trying to remember if he was thinner 3yrs ago... his national teammate Elia is a better option,a tidy winger after seeing him play today he plays like Nani.
LFC ANIME

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Babel is Mark Walters in disguise.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:13 am

7_Kewell wrote:Babel is Mark Walters in disguise.

:D  thats harsh. as for Benayoun, it sucks to see him leave considering he is one of the few players who could actually change a game with his attacking instincts. i would be delighted to see Joe Cole here though. or perhaps someone in the mold of Luis Garcia.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby mramo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:07 am

Benayoun to join Chelsea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport....un.html

The 30-year-old Israeli has been earmarked as Joe Cole’s replacement after Chelsea confirmed last week that the England international was going to be released at the end of this month after failing to agree a new contract.

Although Chelsea, who have also released Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti, are looking to acquire younger players this summer, and blood five from their youth set-up next season, the deal to sign Benayoun is regarded as a good one.

Benayoun is set to agree terms on a four-year contract and although Liverpool are still hoping to hold out for more than the £6 million Chelsea are offering, it is believed a deal is close to being agreed.

He joined Liverpool for £5 million in 2007, from West Ham United, and has been a moderate success although, under Rafael Benítez, opportunities were often limited. One complication is that Liverpool are being asked to conduct negotiations despite not yet having a replacement for Benítez.
mramo

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion