YOSSI BENAYOUN TO JOIN CHELSEA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:18 am

The way the Club has been run is a complete shambles. A disgrace infact.

Hey Purslow. How about getting a new boss in and then letting him decide who he wants to keep and sell? Tw@t. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

with our owners here how the hell can we stop players going when they are being offerd silly money by other clubs.

Say we got an offer for torres at arounf 65mil....what sort of club could turn that down even if they did not have money problems.

money now rules football and it should not be this way.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 am

stmichael wrote:The way the Club has been run is a complete shambles. A disgrace infact.

Hey Purslow. How about getting a new boss in and then letting him decide who he wants to keep and sell? Tw@t. :angry:

Rafa tried to offload him to the russians if you recall....

Its a good deal for both the club and the player. A 4 year contract at 30 including a significant pay rise? Fantastic, well done Benny lad.

What else can we moan about today?
Last edited by Reg on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 am

Umm...sorry to see Benny go. I grew to like what he did. But, in saying that, Benitez never really played him properly anyway.
tonyeh

Postby SeaofRed » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 am

Yossi has been harbouring a move from Anfield for months, so long Yossi, thank you for everything. I notice how badly this club is run, we'll happily pay large sums of money for players and yet sell our better players for peanuts. Fowler £11m, Owen £8m, Alonso £30m, Arbeloa £3m and now Yossi for just £5.5m.

We are easily manipulated in the transfer market and I fear we have known become a selling club in every sense of the word.
SeaofRed

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 pm

I bet Broughton is sitting there laughing... :angry:
Fauxy

Postby tonyeh » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Hard to blame him for wanting a move when he's sitting on the bench week in week out watching Lucas play.

But, Benayoon has been unhappy at Anfield for longer than a few months. I remember him moaning to the Israeli press a couple of years ago too. I don't know whether he was ever truly happy with his lot at Liverpool.
tonyeh

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:17 pm

So the story is basically saying Chelsea have done enough to unsettle Benayoun so it is only a matter of time before a fee is agreed.

Sounds like the Fabregas saga, with Barcelona saying way too much. For me only the selling club should be allowed to make statements, not clubs keep unsettling their players. Barca should have made a bid to Arsenal, in private, and Arsenal could release public statements. I think clubs should be fined heavily and banned from buying the player in question if they do what Barca and other clubs do so blatantly and openly.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:18 pm

If we hold out and insist on the £10m then I'll miss Yossi but it's not like that isn't a decent price given his age and (lack of) consistency
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Owzat wrote:For me only the selling club should be allowed to make statements, not clubs keep unsettling their players. Barca should have made a bid to Arsenal, in private, and Arsenal could release public statements. I think clubs should be fined heavily and banned from buying the player in question if they do what Barca and other clubs do so blatantly and openly.

is right. But as I recall, we rather publically went after Gareth Barry in a similar situation (O'neil had his fair share to say about it too but there was still quite a bit about it from our camp)

BUt in the benyoun case, I dont think that's happening at all. I've heard nothing from the chelsea camp, only tabloid rumours
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:59 pm

This is mental as much as this MAY happen at the moment it is RUMOUR.

Nothing concrete and no word from lakes contacts yet? :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Fauxy wrote:I bet Broughton is sitting there laughing... :angry:

Why is he laughing? Reports say we got 6.5 million for a 30 year old. You think Broughton knowingly screwed LFC? Please explain.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:59 pm

tonyeh wrote:Umm...sorry to see Benny go. I grew to like what he did. But, in saying that, Benitez never really played him properly anyway.

Big, bad Benitez.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:46 pm

The club paid £6 million to get rid of Benitez. We are apparently receiving £6 million for Yossi.

So basically we got rid of a good player to get rid of a very good manager, just not in that order.

Fu.cking geniuses running this club.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:56 pm

have some good memories of yossi, especially in the 08/09 season, the fulham away and Arsenal at home come to mind....he's done done well for us and provided some good creative football when its been severely lacking in our team at times. can be very frustrating too, as was luis garcia....but i think he should have been given more starts for sure.

but to go to a rival of ours is not what i expect from any of our players. leaves a bad taste, dont care what we/he's being offered.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion