Yossi benayoun to liverpool - Israeli press says - deal done

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Can I also point out thought that I think it's an indicator of just how far we've come under Rafa when a player like Benayoun is talked about as a squad player. Towards the later stages of Houllier's reign, we'd have viewed him as a first team regular.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:16 pm

tommycockles wrote:as much as i'd like us to sign Queresmo (sp?) i watched quite a bit of the U21s championships and although I had no knowledge of our interest in Babel i actually thought he was very good. I remember him playing well against England and we had a lot of Premierhsip players in our squad.

It's a shame we're not going for our first choice (i assume) but i don't think he's a bad second choice and is still very young. You never know Rafa may still have something extra up his sleeve (or in his wallet). If we end up with another winger then he's another good striker option.

A bit off topic and I dont even know why im typing this but I just had a de ja vu of reading this post and typing this..  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:30 pm

Yossi is official and babel in talks....

For me the signings of torres,benanyoun and babel must be the most execiting ever...!!!
Elchris

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Maybe this will put it into perspective, particularly the fee:-

"Sunderland agree £5m Chopra deal"

Why the f#ck arent we spending that much??!! Sack Parry.

:veryangry :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:48 pm

st mike we did diouf 11 mill and the fecker survived

can only guess his bending ballons and standing in a bucket of custard has em rolling in the boardroom :p
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Pretty happy with the spending so far always liked Yossi i also think he is a step up from Garcia .(keeps the ball better) To make the close season perfect we need that attacking flair that the mancs have plus a defender and the new stadium reveled.

Get Quaresma and Henize and the new stadium on the way and i would make us dead on sertanty to challange for the title.
grayghost

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:18 pm

LittleHobo wrote:yeah the potential signing of babel worries me

hes a bit tall and lanky to be a winger (he himself wants to be a striker), he cant really cross and is hardley the type of wide man to provide real width

i really hope we ditch the babel thing and go for quasimodo or simao or dani alves

I keep saying if we sign babel we are gonna regret it....

I am just saying it as i see it. I have seen matches he played last season with Ajax and he didn't make any impression. If he was the next henry wenger would have signed him in january...

I would luv it if i was wrong about babel...because i really want us to win the league (or the champions league) next season...and for that to happen every player in the squad has to play their part....but at this moment my view on him is less than flattering...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:22 pm

The_Rock wrote:If he was the next henry wenger would have signed him in january...

wenger would have signed him this summer. babel even said he wanted to join arsenal but then changed his mind due to all the speculation regarding wenger's future. what's the point in signing for a club if 12 months later the manager's out the door?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:28 pm

wenger was waiting to sign him at barca, :p
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:32 pm

stmichael wrote:
The_Rock wrote:If he was the next henry wenger would have signed him in january...

wenger would have signed him this summer. babel even said he wanted to join arsenal but then changed his mind due to all the speculation regarding wenger's future. what's the point in signing for a club if 12 months later the manager's out the door?

wenger did want to sign him in january, but didn't as he thought ajax's valuation of him was too high.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DZed » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:34 pm

If these guys are our last two signings then I'm deeply disappointed. I figured we'd be signing two or three world class players not just one in Torres. Babel is a hot prospect but he, Yossi, and especially Veronin will not win us the league as they are simply very average players. I'd be happy if Benitez signs an accomplished world class winger as in Quaresma.
DZed

Postby shachar3001 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:00 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RovKdLRZ3tc&mode=related&search=
shachar3001

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:13 pm

stmichael wrote:

I just don't think he is as good as what a 10 million signing should be....

I just can't understand why rafa is signing as a winger when he can't even cross the ball ?

Anyway i will stop posting about babel... U guys know what i think of him.... If we do sign him...hope he really proves me wrong...

10 million - Alonso ......great business

10 million - Diouf .....Awful business

Hope babel turns out to be in alonso category.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:25 pm

I hope the spending hasnt stopped.  We need more quality to win the title.
puroresu

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:33 pm

puroresu wrote:I hope the spending hasnt stopped.  We need more quality to win the title.

Agreed there mate, I think we need to buy a quality full back and a quality center back to have an excellent squad.

Benayoun and Babel will be great cover. What I like about Babel is that he doesn't only rely on his speed to cut through defenders, he does have skills, he can dribble and he is good on the ball.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion