Yossi benayoun - Too honest?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:20 pm

do you praise him for staying on his feet there in the 93rd minute or do you say he was unprofessional and should have gone down? there was definite contact.

personally i'd have gone down. it was a clear foul. he doesn't have to go over for it to be a foul anyway. we need every point we can get at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fauxy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:01 pm

It was a foul, he should of gone down. We would probably have got a penalty.

Rather than going for the penalty though, he stayed on his feet and created a decent chance. If we would of scored from that he would of got a lot of praise :;):
Fauxy

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:11 pm

yes he should have gone down, referees are so fecking blind these days that you have to do a bit of theatre to get their attention.
heimdall

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:17 pm

got say i would have gone down as would most
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:24 pm

rather than blame Yossi.. lets have a look at the ref.  It was a foul whether he went down or not and therefore should have been a peno!

Blind git!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:18 pm

stmichael wrote:do you praise him for staying on his feet there in the 93rd minute or do you say he was unprofessional and should have gone down? there was definite contact.

personally i'd have gone down. it was a clear foul. he doesn't have to go over for it to be a foul anyway. we need every point we can get at the moment.

He stayed on his feet so didnay cheat, but the refs should give penalties and free-kicks based on the FOUL not on whether a player falls to the ground or not.

It is like someone not being charged for assault because their punch didn't floor the victim.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:rather than blame Yossi.. lets have a look at the ref.  It was a foul whether he went down or not and therefore should have been a peno!

Blind git!

That's a valid point and to be fair, the ref *should* have given a peno.
What probably worked against that was a) the timing of the incident, and b) the fact that Citeh were at home. Neither of which is reason enough NOT to award a deliberate obstruction against Kompany (?), but I suppose you could see why he was reluctant to give it.
On the other hand, if the shoe were on the other foot and we were about to concede a penalty under such circumstances, would we be livid and dispute it ? Of course we would....
The game should have been over before that - Skrtel missing the target with a clean header in the 6 yard box and a couple of other half chances.....just not clinical enough...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Aussie Style » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:28 pm

Considering how late in the game it was and how important the 3 points would've been I wish he milked it, don't think Stevie would've stayed on his feet.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Aussie Style wrote:Considering how late in the game it was and how important the 3 points would've been I wish he milked it, don't think Stevie would've stayed on his feet.

Unfortunately SG does WAAAYYYYYYY too much going to ground, tripping over his laces etc. so he's not gonna get jacksh!t from refs if he hits the turf...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fauxy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:40 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:Considering how late in the game it was and how important the 3 points would've been I wish he milked it, don't think Stevie would've stayed on his feet.

Unfortunately SG does WAAAYYYYYYY too much going to ground, tripping over his laces etc. so he's not gonna get jacksh!t from refs if he hits the turf...

I agree.

In the Arsenal game he was takin the p!ss a bit
Fauxy

Postby radun5 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Maybe you are forgetting that the referee gave very few fouls in the final minutes, and it was highly unlikely that he would give that if Benayoun would have tried to make the most of the contact.

Anyway, I am the fair and stupid kind of person, so I actually praise Benayoun for his action, as I usually appreciate all players who show fair play. Let us not forget it is only a game, even if it is much more than a matter of life or death !
radun5

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:08 am

heimdall wrote:yes he should have gone down, referees are so fecking blind these days that you have to do a bit of theatre to get their attention.

So, say if Masch/Stevie/Carra are in the ref's ear making him aware of our opponent's transgressions, you wouldn't complain?   ???
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

It would all be so much easier if the refs just embraced video technology but instead they choose to risk human error so I don't blame the players. I blame the system.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red H » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:43 am

No, there are some things that are more important than winning, and that's doing it the right way.  I guess it evens up for Ngog earlier in the season, but I doubt anyone will see it that way.
Red H

Postby stmichael » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 am

bavlondon wrote:It would all be so much easier if the refs just embraced video technology but instead they choose to risk human error so I don't blame the players. I blame the system.

technology will come in for goal line incidents. that is all.

anything else and the game would last for hours. every single decision would be questioned.

there should be a retrospective panel that sits down on a monday though and reviews incidents such as diving, bad fouls etc. just because a referee "deals with an incident" at the time shouldn't mean a player gets away with it. gallas' awful foul against bolton recently being a prime example.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion