Yossi benayoun - Too honest?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:04 am

stmichael wrote:
bavlondon wrote:It would all be so much easier if the refs just embraced video technology but instead they choose to risk human error so I don't blame the players. I blame the system.

technology will come in for goal line incidents. that is all.

anything else and the game would last for hours. every single decision would be questioned.

there should be a retrospective panel that sits down on a monday though and reviews incidents such as diving, bad fouls etc. just because a referee "deals with an incident" at the time shouldn't mean a player gets away with it. gallas' awful foul against bolton recently being a prime example.

If that ever happened, that cheating' French ku.nt Henry would be sent to Alcatraz for the rest of his life !  :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 am

it has to be said that Stevie would've hit the turf as though a sniper had shot him in the bollox. cheating is an unfortunate part of Stevies game.

as for yossi - credit to him for his honesty. Maybe just a little stumble would've been ok :laugh:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:55 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
stmichael wrote:
bavlondon wrote:It would all be so much easier if the refs just embraced video technology but instead they choose to risk human error so I don't blame the players. I blame the system.

anything else and the game would last for hours. every single decision would be questioned.

there should be a retrospective panel that sits down on a monday though and reviews incidents such as diving, bad fouls etc. just because a referee "deals with an incident" at the time shouldn't mean a player gets away with it. gallas' awful foul against bolton recently being a prime example.

If that ever happened, that cheating' French ku.nt Henry would be sent to Alcatraz for the rest of his life !  :D

:D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
heimdall wrote:yes he should have gone down, referees are so fecking blind these days that you have to do a bit of theatre to get their attention.

So, say if Masch/Stevie/Carra are in the ref's ear making him aware of our opponent's transgressions, you wouldn't complain?   ???

Imaginary waving of yellow cards to try and get players booked, in itself should carry a booking. I can understand frustration but let's leave it to the mancs and whiskeynose to (try and) ref the games. What next? Rafa pointing at his watch to get nine minutes of stoppage time?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:08 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
heimdall wrote:yes he should have gone down, referees are so fecking blind these days that you have to do a bit of theatre to get their attention.

So, say if Masch/Stevie/Carra are in the ref's ear making him aware of our opponent's transgressions, you wouldn't complain?   ???

Wow, how did you get that form my statement  ??? Actually I don't like how disrespectful players are to referees these days irrespective of how good or bad the refs are. All I'm saying is that you have to exaggerate a bit these days purely because that is what the referees have become used to.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:12 pm

stmichael wrote:

how about a tennis style system where the managers only get a certain number of challenges per game, then of course the ref can challenge something themselves. I don't actually think it would slow down the game too much, but how does anybody know before it is trialled.

Another simple way of introducing it is by having a 4th referee watching the game like most of us do and if he sees something untoward he has a chat with the ref directly who can then review the incident themselves or just reply on the 4th referee. I really don't think that would slow down the game and it would cut down on a lot of the really stupid decisions which happen and also the cheating and diving.
heimdall

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:12 pm

heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Wow, how did you get that form my statement  ??? Actually I don't like how disrespectful players are to referees these days irrespective of how good or bad the refs are. All I'm saying is that you have to exaggerate a bit these days purely because that is what the referees have become used to.

Do you deliberately talk bo||ocks just to annoy people, or are you normally so full of kaka ?
Every day you're on here, you post inane drivel, winding up people left right and centre with moronic statements such as this:
"yes he should have gone down, referees are so fecking blind these days that you have to do a bit of theatre to get their attention"
Have you nothing better to do with your life ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:36 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Do you deliberately talk bo||ocks just to annoy people, or are you normally so full of shyte ?
Every day you're on here, you post inane drivel, winding up people left right and centre with moronic statements such as this:
"yes he should have gone down, referees are so fecking blind these days that you have to do a bit of theatre to get their attention"
Have you no life other than a virtual one ?

Sorry but I now demand to know what your problem is with me, why do you hound and provoke me at every single post.

How was my  post any worse than anybody else's, please explain that?

If you ask any football manager or professional player then they will admit that they exaggerate contact to get the referees attention. I'm not talking about diving here, I'm just talking about exaggerating the contact.
heimdall

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:04 pm

heimdall wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

You mentioned in another topic that you disliked Masch for his failure to "shut up" when talking to the ref; a kind of 'theatrics' intended to influence the ref. While in this thread you actually advocate a bit of theatrics to try and influence the ref into giving a favourable decision?

So it seems that in the former you advocate the absolute respect for the authority of the ref, but latterly you imply they're fecking plebs who need influencing with the use of theatrics because they can't be relied upon.

I wonder how you make the two arguments balance?

FWIW, I like to see players stay on their feet and the advantage given. Simple as that.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:23 am

From The Times February 25, 2010

Yossi Benayoun positive despite reminder of Liverpool's decline

Twelve months after Liverpool beat Real Madrid at the Bernabeu, Benayoun believes the club can enjoy similar success in Romania
Tony Barrett, Bucharest

There are few English clubs at which European history weighs as heavily as it does at Liverpool.

The glorious achievements of the past create a welter of expectation that can become a burden, but usually it is the daring deeds of a generation ago that add most to their load.

This evening in Bucharest it will be a famous accomplishment from only 12 months ago that will loom largest in the mind. For when Liverpool take to the field at the Steaua Stadium to defend a 1-0 advantage from the first leg against Unirea Urziceni in the Europa League round of 32 it will be one year to the day since they triumphed against Real Madrid at the Bernabéu in the Champions League.

The contrast between the occasions could not be starker and it serves as perhaps the most vivid illustration of how far Liverpool’s standards have slipped compared with last season, when they were challengers for the biggest prizes at home and abroad.

Yossi Benayoun’s header in the Spanish capital earned him a place in Anfield folklore and the result is seen as one of the high points of the reign of Rafael Benítez, the manager.

Nevertheless, Benayoun is determined to put a brave face on the present situation, claiming that Liverpool can afford to revel in their past without fearing that their future is drying up. But the Israel midfield player acknowledges that the club need to be in next season’s Champions League to ensure that their prospects of success do not diverge entirely from their historic achievements.

“There is a contrast between the Real Madrid game and the game in Bucharest,” Benayoun said. “You cannot be too disappointed. We have been an important team, a big team in the Champions League in recent seasons.

“Hopefully, we will finish in the top four in the Premier League and then be back in it next season. This is still a very important game. We have to finish things off. We are playing for a title which would be important. It gives us the chance to win and give us something positive for this season.”

If the minimum acceptable target of fourth place in the Barclays Premier League is to be attained and progress to the latter stages of the Europa League secured, Liverpool’s goalscoring must improve. In their past seven away games in the league they have scored only twice and have not scored more than two goals in a match since September.

The intermittent absences of Fernando Torres, the forward, may help to explain why Liverpool have struggled in front of goal, but it does not excuse their shot-shy form. Torres will again be on the substitutes’ bench tonight and Benítez hopes that his presence and the return to fitness of Benayoun will coincide with a return of a cutting edge.

“You always want to score more but if you want to improve when you have been conceding too many, you have to be stronger in defence,” Benítez said. “Now the team has more confidence in defence and then we have to go one step forward, to use people with more offensive mentality and everything will change. We know with Ryan Babel, Dirk Kuyt, Steven Gerrard, Torres and Benayoun we have more offensive players so it can be better.

“The players have to focus on this competition. It is our opportunity to win silverware so we will try to go as far as we can. One-nil in the first leg is not the best result but we are in a good position and we have to do our job.”

Liverpool (possible; 4-4-1-1): J M Reina — J Carragher, M Skrtel, D Agger, E Insúa — D Kuyt, Lucas Leiva, J Mascherano, R Babel — S Gerrard — D Ngog.

Unirea Urziceni (possible; 4-1-4-1): G Arlauskis — V Maftei, G Galamaz, B Fernandes, P Brandán — S Paraschiv — M Onofras, R Paduretu, I Apostol, S Frunza — M Bilasco.

Referee: S Johannesson (Sweden).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:26 am

Winning by cheating is meaningless (it is easy to mug a granny to some money) and cheating  and drugs are killing sport.

If the F.A and UEFA and FIFA weren''t a bunch of pussies there'd be no diving.

It is a disgrace and I despise how every team has cheats playing for them.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:23 am

Big Niall wrote:If the F.A and UEFA and FIFA weren''t a bunch of pussies there'd be no diving.

It is a disgrace and I despise how every team has cheats playing for them.

If they had a backbone and said a dive is a red card offence then players wouldn't do it. You can bet Milito wouldn't have last night as he'd have been off.

In fact make diving, time wasting, abusing the ref, "handbags", deliberate handball, and any deliberate foul with no intention of going for the ball, a red card offence and the players would be told by their managers not to do it, let alone be too scared to for fear of a dismissal.

Or if that is too bold for them, sin bin them for 15 minutes for yellow cards like in rugby. Make the punishment severe enough and we wouldn't be debating whether diving is right. One of the biggest problems with cheating is the "everyone does it so why shouldn't I" justification they are undoubtedly absolving themselves of blame with.

It's all very well Henry apologising, but once he had time to stop and think he didn't go to the ref and say "I handled it". So he has no excuse, you can forgive spur of the moment words or actions, but he knew what he did was wrong and said nothing which makes him guilty of cheating. He knew how important that goal was, THAT is why he kept his mouth shut until after. But that is arguably the worst cheating of all, the frogs are only at the World Cup because they cheated and that should be emphasised worldwide. Not saying the oirish should go in their place, but the frogs didn't win "fair and square".

The problem is that FIFA have now decided it can't be replayed or put right in any way so cheating wins, clearly FIFA can't see the woods for the trees because they want to clamp down on cheating (so they say) yet they let cheating go unpunished!?!?!?  :veryangry Even if they amended the rules to say that if an unsporting act has been deemed serious and decisive enough that it has affected the outcome of a crucial game then FIFA reserve the right to one of the following courses of action :

- Expulsion from the competition (not necessarily just this competition)
- A replay
- Points penalties
- Long individual sanctions (ban and/or fine)

And one heavy sanction of a complete ban of the club from playing in any competition worldwide, for extreme scenarios like match fixing, serious violent conduct and/or crowd trouble. See how many clubs step out of line if FIFA would throw the bible at them let alone the book
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion