YOSSI BENAYOUN TO JOIN CHELSEA - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:37 pm

I think we might just have found ourselves a matchwinner.

When Liverpool signed Yossi Benyoun in the summer, lots of people looked puzzled, lots of people frowned and some other people where simply bewildered, and these where just the Liverpool fans.

However, despite early stories of agents, and quotes like "If Yossi won't be involved enough we will think of moving to a medium-sized team" eminating reportedly from the mouth of the players agent as early as the end of August, thankfully another quote attributed to Ronen Katzav (Yossi's agent) "Yossi has patience and motivation and he will get his chance. When you are taking a decision to move to Liverpool, you are prepared for all possibilities and Yossi decided to follow his heart" proves to be the mantra for our latest Israeli recruit.

Now as the topic of the thread says, (with hearfelt apologies to BigMick and lately Judge who has also nicked the franchise lin recent weeks) I do know that it is early, however I have seen enough in the times I have watched Yossi play to know that he has quality.

I still do not think he has the highest quality to maintain the high level of performaces over the prolonged period of a couple of months of first team starts, but I am in no doubt that he has the quality to be able to come in, either as a substitute or as a rotated starter, and the latter will fit into the plan that Rafa clearly has for the first team this season.

At times he can be lightweight, but he doesnt give the ball away too much and he has the supreme quality of goals like the one on Tuesday nightm and the coolness to slot in game like today.

We will need to win ugly, and it doesnt come much uglier than Yossi . . . . .
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:49 pm

I think he may be the best player Rafa ever signed!

I mean Look....he scored today and stuff!
The Grudge

Postby The Grudge » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:50 pm

So if he scores he can fit in the squad...cause he works hard!
The Grudge

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:07 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:as the topic of the thread says, (with hearfelt apologies to BigMick and lately Judge who has also nicked the franchise lin recent weeks) I do know that it is early, however I have seen enough in the times I have watched Yossi play to know that he has quality.

Well I had severe doubts after seeing him against Pompey so I'm delighted he has began to shove it down my throat. Make absolutely no mistake about it, that was a crucial goal in the course of our season. Infact few more important ones will come int he rest of the campaign. No need to apologise for nicking the franchise mate, I was actually going to do one after the Pompey game bemoaning the fact that he definately wouldn't make it and I'm glad I didn't now  :D

I'm still not entirely convinced to be truthful (although TBF I was a huge fan of Garcia his game-breaking predecessor, so maybe that's clouding my judgement a bit) but Yossi can do no more than he did today, ie win us the game that's for sure.

I quoted the last bit about winning ugly because I think it's a classic line    :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:18 am

King kenny recognises him as a good player so thats enough for me.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:36 am

I was disappointed when we got him, very disappointed, as I was hoping for a "big name" player, and it seemed as usual we were settling for second or even third best. I had seen him have a few decent games for West Ham and one good game against us in the final, but he seemed lightweight and another "jack of all trades" type player. Still not entirely convinced he's the answer but I am starting to be thankful I kept my doubts to myself now.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:37 am

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:00 am

Would like to see benayoun start more matches (on the left or right).... He is a better option than babel on the left to be honest.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:33 am

We will need to win ugly, and it doesnt come much uglier than Yossi . . . . . :D

I wasnt a fan of his either, and didnt know anything about him until he went to West Ham but Rafa had his eye on him from when he played in Spain I believe.

His first season at the Hammers he was brilliant, last season he was injured for quite a while and never really got back into form.

So I was a bit worried when we signed him because of his form from last season.

He has big shoes to fill in that of Garcia's but he is a better player than Luis and doesnt give the ball away.
As long as he keeps popping up with these little gems he will become a fans favourite.

And fair play to the lad for taking a huge pay cut to join us not many would.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yossiBenayoun » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:40 am

I Think He "The Winnermatch"
Last edited by yossiBenayoun on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
yossiBenayoun

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:04 am

Anyone who's watched a bit of West Ham over the last few seasons would have recognized that Benayoun was a quality player, his ability was there for all to see . Whenever we played the Hammers I always saw his play as a real threat to us. I wasn't in the least bit disappointed when we signed him. Great skills and a brilliant attitude, the nature of his goals against Reading and Wigan plus the defensive work he puts in shows all of that. Fans shouldn't underestimate this fella.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mysterio86 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:13 am

spot on mate !! he chose us ahead of many others interested in him !!
Last edited by mysterio86 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mysterio86

Postby yossi benayoun » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:42 am

Yossi is called in Israel : "The Diamond" . In hebrew diamond is:"yahalom" which has double meaning - "diamond" + "he will strike" !
He's a combination of wonderfull talent, wisdom and great heart. but you aint seen nothing yet. he can do miracles youv'e never dreamt of. for me, as a liverpool fan since kevin keegan in the 70's it is great to see The Diamond shine so bright in Liverpool. (there are lots of Liverpool fans in Israel)
here are some great moments from yossi :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpvIV9cNguc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdKFrAFXq-M
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD7-FSR1cAQ&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....B[/url]
yossi benayoun

Postby Owzat » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:45 am

mysterio86 wrote:

While he may have taken a pay cut he did massively enhance his chances of a trophy and of course signed for the biggest club in all England
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:27 am

Owzat wrote:
mysterio86 wrote:

While he may have taken a pay cut he did massively enhance his chances of a trophy and of course signed for the biggest club in all England

Thats a good thing though,

its almost as rare as rocking horse s.hit to see a footballer nowadays choose silverware over money ..... Lucas Neil  :laugh:

Anyway if Rat features  :D  can keep putting in match winning performances I reckon the 4 million we paid was a bargain.

IMO he is one of possibly two midfield players who can see a run and pick a pass, through the eye of a needle so to speak, he's a clever player.

But him and Crouch, little and large should get their skinny @rses down the gym and put a bit of muscle on.  :D
66-1112520797

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion