Xabi alonso - Praise where praise is due

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby seani.g » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:52 pm

I think like us all that Xabi is class. No argument. However am I on my own thinking that the trouble that we were in at half time at Luton was contributed to by an anonomous dispaly by Xabi, and others. 2nd half he rocked and so did the rest! What does this tell us?
Hope he has a graet game tomorrow.:p
seani.g

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:57 pm

It might tell us that was a bad game among many good games. Alonso has bad games aswell. However, I wouldn't point out Xabi as the responsible for the 3 goals. In one goal Riise should have stepped up (he's the one breaking the off side) and Hyppia had a tough night.

Actually I saw Alonso well playing that game. It was not a game for showy things and all that. Was a tough game against a lower division team. Lots of contact. Cannot remember the name of the midfielder he matched, but kinda liked how that guy played and pressed with no shame to Alonso. Good guts. And those games are not easy. I think that some supporters around the world, not english precisely, but others, underrate a bit lower division teams!. With no concentration anybody can give you a tough afternoon. Rafa was very angry, and rightly so.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seani.g » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:35 am

Agree totally....my point to make it clear is 1st half, imo he was poor, not on his own but never the less! I worry that when he is not on it then we may struggle!
seani.g

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:59 am

Nah. Not now. Last year yes, we would, and in fact we did. But if (cross fingers) a 1 month injury happened now, Rafa'd bridge that gap for sure better than yesteryear. (IMHO).
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:22 am

I think we'd be buggered if Alonso got injured. We have quality replacements, but they're nothing like Xabi.
I have said it before - Xabi is our best player, IMHO.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby seani.g » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:25 pm

Lando you prefer Xabi to Stevie G?
It's a good one to discuss. Xabi goes about his business more quietly but oozes class and pulls all the strings. Stevie is so Dynamic and scares the opposition to death. They both make huge contributions. At the moment when we are lacking the 30+ a season goal scorer I think we need Stevie to keep hitting the back of the net. But we need Xabi to control the midfield.
Our best player ........Stevie G. Who can't we do without.......? Xabi! :;):
seani.g

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:26 pm

seani.g wrote:I think like us all that Xabi is class. No argument. However am I on my own thinking that the trouble that we were in at half time at Luton was contributed to by an anonomous dispaly by Xabi, and others. 2nd half he rocked and so did the rest! What does this tell us?
Hope he has a graet game tomorrow.:p

He had a shocker against Fulham but scored two unreal goals. I supose i can forgive him for that. :D
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion