Xabi alonso back soon

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:19 pm

The mirror is full of sh1t, thats the biggest pile of ****** I've heard. Rubbish, absolute rubbish.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:26 pm

If we do get Alonso back it will be a huge bost in moral and skills for the final push of the season. But it's still a big IF...
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:30 pm

imagine if kewell got back to his best form (best winger in the country), and if cisse and alonso weren't injured

...imagine next season!
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Iceman69 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:25 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Xabi Alonso will be back to full training on April the 2nd along with Chris Kirkland, Cisse will be back to full training on the 4th of June :) .
Cannot wait for Xabi to be back, our last game is on May the 14th so hopefully we may get to see Xabi playing in a few of these games before the end of the season.
Josemi is injured again.

too little, too late this season, probably take him a few games to bed in, by which time it could all be over.

Waste of money, cause we had nothing to show for Cisse and Alonso this season. we were short changed.

Better have a better show next term. Nothing I saw of cisse early in the season suggested he had what it took to better the Heskey era.
Iceman69

Postby A.B. » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:29 am

Waste of money, cause we had nothing to show for Cisse and Alonso this season. we were short changed.

???
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby maximus » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:59 pm

Good news it seems from official LFC website - Looks like he will be available for Champions League Final :D

Xabi Alonso is hoping to be back in first team action for Liverpool before the end of the season. 
The Spanish midfielder, who broke his ankle in the New Years Day clash against Chelsea, has spoken of his frustration at being sidelined during a key stage of the Reds' campaign and how is rehabilitation is coming along.

Initial fears were that his season was over but he remains optimistic that he'll be back playing again before May.

"It is never a good time to get injured but for it to happen in my first season here has not helped," says Alonso.

"During your first year at a club it is important to settle down and get to know your team-mates better and have a lot of games in a row.

"We were at a key point of the season with so many games coming up but now I cannot help them.

"It is difficult to say at this moment when I will be able to play again. Everything is going well and I am staying optimistic.

"Thankfully there was no ligament damage as well. The bone had broken and I had some slight cartilage damage and that is why it is taking a little more time to heal.

"I am able to walk more or less without crutches. I still have to use them for some things but I feel more comfortable now.

"I don't know when I can start running again, I will have to speak to the doctor about that.

"Things are going well and day by day I am improving and getting stronger. The ankle is feeling much better. Hopefully it will be before the end of the season."
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:58 pm

Woooooooo hoooooooooooo bring it on he will be back soon :cool:

Alonso aims at Europe Mar 14 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

XABI ALONSO is on target to make a welcome return to the Liverpool starting line-up in time to feature in the Champions League quarter-final.

Rafa Benitez today revealed he's optimistic the midfielder will be available for the second leg of the last eight clash, scheduled for April 12/13.

Alonso is only two weeks away from a return to full training, with a possible reserve game pencilled in against Leeds on April 6.

The playmaker's recovery from a broken ankle represents a timely upturn in fortune for the Reds ahead of the climax of the season.

Benitez believes Liverpool's inconsistent Premiership form since January has a lot to do with Alonso's absence.

"If everything continues okay, I hope Xabi will be in full training by the last week of

March. He will be like a new, very important player for us," said Benitez today.

"Maybe Xabi will be available for the second game of the quarter-final. He is improving a lot.

"If he's back training with the rest of the squad by the end of the month, like we hope, he has a good chance.

"It will be good for the team spirit to have him back. Not only will it give the side a lift, it will also make those who are playing work even harder to stay in the team."

Liverpool will discover on Friday who they'll face in the last eight of Europe, but there's plenty of hard work in the Premiership before then.

Contrary to weekend reports, Benitez doesn't believe winger Harry Kewell requires a three-month rest, suggesting the Aussie should be able to play within 'three weeks'.

That means he'll definitely miss the Mersey-side derby on Sunday but could be back for the home game with Bolton on April 2.

Fernando Morientes, meanwhile, will return for Wednesday's Anfield clash against Blackburn.

"Morientes had a tight groin but it wasn't too serious. He's been training okay and he'll be fit for the next match," confirmed Benitez.

"Harry Kewell is still unavailable, but I hope he'll be available in two or three weeks."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:01 pm

By the looks of things Kewell will be gone, if Rafas not givin him the rest of the season off to recuperate, well its looking like bye bye Harry im afraid ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:08 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:By the looks of things Kewell will be gone, if Rafas not givin him the rest of the season off to recuperate, well its looking like bye bye Harry im afraid ???

maybe we should sell him to birmingham to join diao. :D

WHEN HARRY MET SALIF  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:09 pm

stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:By the looks of things Kewell will be gone, if Rafas not givin him the rest of the season off to recuperate, well its looking like bye bye Harry im afraid ???

:D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ianwillo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Xabi is the best player we have bought in a while (along with Nando!)

Pop Quiz: Did you know Liverpools best run of the season was with gerrard and alonso in midfield!!!
ianwillo

Postby Iceman69 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:18 am

stmichael wrote:

Now that was funny! 

CHEEKY! (Lawro 2005) :D
Iceman69

Postby Dalglish » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:44 am

The pivotol moment in our season was Alonso's injury on New Years Day and it can't come soon enough when we see the lad back in a Liverpool jersey. :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:35 am

I'd just seen a weather forecast which said spring was on its way and the merdury's gonna hit 20 degrees, then I read on teletext that Xabi's comeback is imminent....

HAPPY DAYS :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:39 am

Oh this is news we've all been waiting for. Alonso is a big asset to this club.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion