Xabi alonso...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:05 am

You COULD say that it wouldn't have gone in had Harper not slipped....you COULD say that it was lucky as a result....you COULD say those things and COULD have a point.....but I'm not saying those things. I say that it was a moment of purest quality from a player with a visionary mind back on his game after some rightly levelled criticism....I say that his performance throughout the game was top drawer and shows why he is integral to our success....I say "GET IN THGERE MY SON!!!!" :D
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:34 am

the reason harper slipped was because he was SO FAR off his line that when xabi noticed this and launched that thunderbolt, harper need to sprint back faster than his little feet would allow, hence he slipped ...it was no 'freak' goal as harry 'roeder' potter put it.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:44 am

RAGE UK wrote:Alonso proved last season he is quality.
And proved he can control the midfield in the absents of Steve-g.
You should be thinking about why rafa keeps playing Steve-g left when he said himself he likes a more free role in the middle and why bellamy is picked and not crouch crouch was scoring for us and bellamy is not. He is fast but he can be as fast as a jet plane but it’s no good if you’re not scoring.
Crouch has been scoring against the world’s best teams but keeps being left on the bench.
And let’s keep playing gerrard out of his licked position and watch him get more and more thrustrated just watch his face during a game. And just hope he don’t wave bye bye to us next season.

That my rant over for the night Alonso is a very good quality player not superman.

Gerrard played the entire season last season out of position on the right and scored 23 goals. I'll take that. He has proved there isn't one position he can play in. Play him anywhere and you have added quality to the team.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:53 am

The best thing about the goal was the previous steal of the ball he makes, clean and effective.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:58 am

Sabre wrote:The best thing about the goal was the previous steal of the ball he makes, clean and effective.

It was a great tackle, then he had to beat the ref with a neat side step as well  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:04 am

Newcastle fans reaction second post down  :laugh:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcfor....00.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:21 am

still not producing the goods and woefully off form. get him dropped. :D
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:22 am

Absolute cheeky f*ckin' Genius.....! Go on Xabi my son!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:44 pm

A QUESTION FROM FOOTBALL365

After Alonso's 65-yard effort, will referees have to show red cards for fouls in the centre circle for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity?

:laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:03 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby matrix » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:05 am

Alonso slams ignorant media
Xabi Alonso has told Liverpool's critics to judge the side at the end of the season.

The Reds have received stick from sections of the media having made a poor start to the campaign, but Alonso has blasted the media who he thinks are too quick to criticise.

He told the the club's official magazine: "In England I have found that the media are not interested in the bigger picture. As far as they are concerned you are only as good, or as bad, as your last result.

"If you have won comfortably then you are a great team and you are going to be challenging for the title at the top of the league.

"Yet, if you have lost, then you have big problems and something has to be done to change things. All week they will talk about it but then if you win the next week you are a much better team again."

"We know that we can still do things better than we are doing them now, but it's not a problem for us. We have nothing to fear if we keep playing like we did against Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs."

The Spanish international claimed that the World Cup and recent European Championship qualifiers have played a part in Liverpool's slow start.

"I would say that none of the so-called giant teams have started the season the way they ended last season but not every club receives the same level of criticism.

"Some get it and others are spared but that's okay because we are only interested in ourselves. We have just started the season and we will see where we are in May."

xabi speaks out at the british press hound dogs...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion