Who can tell me the truth? - About Michael Owen's departure

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby qibao0729 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:41 pm

WHo can tell me the fact of Owen's transfer?

i'm a chinese fan of LFC,i don't konw how on earth Owen would  transfer to RealMadrid.

In our sites,Someone said Owen wanted better progress,and LFC couldn't content him;
and others said it's LFC that abandoned Owen!maybe because it's financial problems.

i'm sure of Owen's loyalty to LFC,he won't betray LFC,
he even came back to Anfield Road to watch the match last month!

i'm eager to know what had happened,i don't want to see Owen be called traitor!
and i think maybe you ,the local fans have more details about the transfer.
So i hope someone knows could tell me .

Thank you very much!
qibao0729

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:44 pm

He wanted to play for the biggest club in the world and be the best player in the world and win titles. That wasn't gonna happen at Liverpool. Its as simple as that.
115-1073096938

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:44 pm

All i can tell you my friend is THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE  :alien:  :oh:
Last edited by mistyred on Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:45 pm

Owen had a good year to sign a new contract, he said several times that he and the club were close to comming to an agreement for a new contract however apparently the deal broke down and Real Madrid were interested and Owen packed his bags and left.

Liverpool did not abandoned him he choose to leave on his own. He could had stayed and played one of his best seasons under a great tactical manager such as Rafa but obiviously he didn't believe anything was going to chance so left for Real where he has seen 4 different managers.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby qibao0729 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:54 pm

mistyred wrote:All i can tell you my friend is THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE  :alien:  :oh:

what did you mean?
qibao0729

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:26 pm

Owen has since said (close to Xmas, and I cannot remember the source) that he had been harbouring thoughts of leaving Liverpool all of last season, feeling that he had gone stale and his heart really wasn't in it anymore.

He says he loves the club (and I believe him) but he, as a professional, needed a change.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:39 pm

I've read his book.  There was nothing really malicious about Liverpool in it.

It says nothing of Real Madrid in the book, as he was still a Red when it was published.  It closes with Euro 2004 and that Rafael Benitez did indeed visit the English lads in Portugal (particularly for persuading Gerrard to stay), but JBG is right.  As a professional, Owen wanted a new challenge. 

It's fair enough.  You and I would do it if there was a better challenge awaiting, but I don't look back on Owen with any anger at all.  He's gone, simple as that, so move on.

Even when the mighty Steven Gerrard (for whatever reason - and I hope it's in front of a sell out home crowd as he retires aged 35) leaves, Liverpool Football Club will still be there when you wake up the next morning.  Don't forget that's what is most important.
jonnymac1979

Postby qibao0729 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:44 pm

i think he must be the dilemma whether to keep loyal or seek personal ideal then.

i even don't know  if i was in his position,what way i would choose.

do you hate him?cause most of you became exited (i mean infuriateed) when mentioned him
qibao0729

Postby qibao0729 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:10 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Liverpool Football Club will still be there when you wake up the next morning.  Don't forget that's what is most important.

yeah, i  must be her fan for ever,no matter what will happen in futher.

we call LFC  'Hong Jun' ;which just the saviors of our country,so i have a special reason to love her.:blush:

Hope i'll have the chance to Anfield  myself.that must be crazy.
and you're so lucky to be born as a Liverpudlian.
qibao0729

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:52 pm

Ha, how do you Anfield Road?

Sounds like a verb!!!

(Only kidding qibao0729) :D  :laugh:  :D
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:53 pm

Is it like steamrollering, or tarmac-ing?

To Anfield a road. :D  :laugh:  :D
jonnymac1979

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:18 am

Ale again is it Jonny?  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:57 am

stu_the_red wrote:He wanted to play for the biggest club in the world and be the best player in the world and win titles. That wasn't gonna happen at Liverpool. Its as simple as that.

he said he wants a R-U medal in Spain and to struggle in the Champions league but manage to get through to the knock-out stage and see where he goes from there. :D because Real Madrid were once the best team in the world.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby tel » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:24 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Owen has since said (close to Xmas, and I cannot remember the source) that he had been harbouring thoughts of leaving Liverpool all of last season, feeling that he had gone stale and his heart really wasn't in it anymore.

He says he loves the club (and I believe him) but he, as a professional, needed a change.

Thats fair enough. However, if the little ****** was harboring these feeling all season, he should have told the club when he was having them, instead of doing so at the last possible minute.

That way we'd have got 20m for him instead of RM ripping us off for 8. Doing it the way he did gave all the leverage to Madrid, who were holding all the cards.

If there's justice, its that we're doing the same to them for Morientes. No thanks to Michael though.
tel

Postby tel » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:27 am

stu_the_red wrote:He wanted to play for the biggest club in the world and be the best player in the world and win titles. That wasn't gonna happen at Liverpool. Its as simple as that.

Like Gerrard and the rest of the supporters of the LFC, he should have given Rafa a chance before coming to this conclusion.

You cant decide you're not going to win titles until you've had a chance to see what the new coach is going to do.

And FYI, Rafa chose to coach LFC over RM. And that for me speaks for itself.
tel

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion