Owen in baros out? - Tribal football the seekers after truth

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gary106 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm

id be very happy with the "baros out and owen in" if it happens but i cant honeslty see real madrid settling on a loan to be honest, and he isnt past his best at all.

but i couldnt see him and cisse together upfront together,

ciise with crouch/morientes YES

owen with crouch/morientes YES

morientes and crouch i think are very good at getting on the end of crosses and link up play etc, which a good strikeofrce needs. i.e. bergkamp with arsenal, rooney with man u

but i think owen and cisse are fairly similar so couldnt see them playing together that well. then again id say owen and baros are quite similar aswell so itd just be like for like there.
gary106

Postby destro » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:17 pm

cisse and owen , we would break with more speed than arsenal do , one inch perfect thru ball from stevie or alonso for either of them ( once cisse learns the offside rule ) owen on a one on one rarely misses
destro

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:51 pm

the latest news is that Newcastle have been turned down by Owen and radio 5 live are saying liverpool are now top runners to get him
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:33 pm

the latest news is that Newcastle have been turned down by Owen and radio 5 live are saying liverpool are now top runners to get him

Newcastle are in deep sh1t, Shearer is injured. They only have experienced striker in their squad.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:50 pm

The Bulgarian press asked Benitez where Owen will play next season and Benitez said: "I am not sure but he definitely won't be playing for us tomorrow." :D :cool:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby skipper » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:26 pm

A.B. wrote:The Bulgarian press asked Benitez where Owen will play next season and Benitez said: "I am not sure but he definitely won't be playing for us tomorrow." :D :cool:

:laugh:
:D

Rafa's happy with our strikers now.  But you never know.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:39 pm

[quote="gary106"]but i think owen and cisse are fairly similar so couldnt see them playing together that well. then again id say owen and baros are quite similar aswell so itd just be like for like there.

Owen and Cisse would scare the :censored: out of defenders. They CAN play together well as they proved during the pre season before Owen left as they scored quite a few goals between them and especially in the 5-1 win over Celtic where they got a few. If they were to play together Owen would almost defo be the most further forward most of the time as Cisse can link up better and is more creative as hes showed in a few matches like the one against Kaunas 2nd leg when he came on as sub.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby philchampionsl2005 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:18 am

on the owen thing i am all for this i think it could be our best chance of winning the epl if we get him back, but on the other hand what our we losing in baros. He works very hard can give glimpes of skill that can change a match. alrite his goal scoring record and finishing is :censored: for a striker of his quality, feel that if work is done on him could be a loss. hope if he goes dosn't go to another epl club but can see if we get owen under newcastles nose he maybe be tempted to go there. Along as he dosn't come back and haunt us good luck lad
philchampionsl2005

Postby vlady16.1 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:57 am

MIKEY BACK -- I MAY GO TO CHURCH!!!!!!!! HALLELEUJAH!!!!!

we'll have jose crying the blues if we have owen cisse crouch morientes oiveyyyyyy!!!!! i need to sleep but its time to break out the good single malt

oh happy day :buttrock  :buttrock 
vlady16.1

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:43 am

Crouch is injured.

Rafa has admitted Fernando isnt in form - and I personally have always said im doubtfull about the way he will perform

Cisse is a monster and will be top scorer for you - IMO

Baros is the 2nd best striker you have but you are letting him go or he is out of favour.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:22 am

A.B. wrote:

Newcastle are in deep sh1t, Shearer is injured. They only have experienced striker in their squad.

Erm .. I think he is the only striker they have!

Bellamy out
Kluivert  out

Shola Ameiobi? Hmm .. not a big front man for a club like Newcastle if you ask me!

Sherar .. great player. But injured and cant carry on himself.

They have a good MF. But whats the point if they dont have anyone to score goals for them
Chelsea forever.

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion