Michael owen - We need him and he needs us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:38 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Well it's funny how when I make a point you're the one to respond, but when Mick and the established members make a point you're happy to let it go.

Of course there's a bias towards established members, a clique would be one way of describing it.

Whenever I make a point that you agree with you would never post, whenever there's a point I make you disagree with you're more than happy to jump in and go on one of your rants. Just like you wanted to prove the positive effects of smoking so much that you took essays off the internet. In this debate you would never have taken up the argument with Feeney, you let it go, but with me - you couldn't help yourself. Had it been Mick or one of the other founding fathers disagreeing, I really don't think you would have gone on such a rant.

So yes, there is a type of clique on this forum.

I had to defend Dawsons pro-smoking stance. After all I am in Dawson's clique  :D
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:39 pm

alan shearer recently said its a waste benitez didnt call him before making the decision to sign bellamy.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Effes » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:40 pm

I think Owen's reception when Newcastle played here was conclusive
proof of how the fans appreciated his search for stardom.

Same thing happened when Souness buggered off.

Most of us dont want him back on principle rather than football reasons.
Maybe those of you posting who dont go the game/ not from Liverpool maybe haven't latched onto that.
(Dont mis-construe this as an OOT debate)
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:46 pm

i dont want him back cus of the way he left and he is so pro-england and his attitude.
i would want him back cus he is someone who scores at whatever club he goes to
what are the chances that he would be able to maintain his scoring rate if he decided to return to liverpool? is he gonna be the same player?
considering his injuries, wouldnt he have lost abit of his pace?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redmikey » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:00 pm

at the end of the day goals win trophy's and that is what he brings to the table

for the few games before the world cup he looked sharp as ever and the newcastle fans were creaming there knickers
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:04 pm

haha nice description redmikey
owen has lost some pace but i reckon he still has a huge talent which you do not just lose, plus where he has lost out on pace, people forget that he would have lost that inevitably due to age. however in exchange he has gained experience, he has gained a stronger determination and is stronger physically
no more baby face, more of a scary midget
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby bigmick » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:13 pm

Effes wrote:Maybe those of you posting who dont go the game/ not from Liverpool maybe haven't latched onto that.

"Maybe you're not from Liverpool but this is not an Out of Town debate". Hmmmm. If it's not an Out of Town debate, then why does where you come from have any relevance? I think I'll leave that one Eff' or we'll go off track, but suffice to say I would be extremely surprised if EVERY fan who goes to the game regularly is anti-Owen, or doesn't want him back, or similarly if every fan actually from Liverpool felt the same. I know he got a hottish reception by Anfield standards on his return, but football fans are almost as fickle as players sometimes. If Owen came back and scored the goals to win us the Premiership all will be forgiven I'm sure. Who would have thought for instance that Liverpool fans could ever cheer Paul Ince, but when he equalised in the dying seconds against Man Utd at Anfield not many were left sitting on their hands that's for sure.

For my part I've said a couple of times that I think he's a selfish little sh!t who stitched us up big style. I'm heartened by the news today that it looks like we are going to sign Torres, because if we can afford to sign that type of player, we can feck Owen off and he can rot in Newcastle. If though, and there's always an if, we were strapped for cash I'd put the past aside and have him back. Purely from a football point of view his signing if he's fit would make a lot of sense, and personally while I'm not prepared to exactly forgive the past,  I could temporarily forget it if the little fecker started banging the goals in      :D
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:42 pm

the way i see it he spat on us and rafa twice so fu.ck him he can rot in newcastle
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:55 pm

bigmick wrote:, or doesn't want him back, or similarly if every fan actually from Liverpool felt the same. I know he got a hottish reception by Anfield standards on his return, but football fans are almost as fickle as players sometimes.

Just been reading some other forums the died in the red wool types and Mick they hate him with a passion and I mean that, I am not to sure they would ever forgive him even if we won the prem.
They feckin despise Gerrard aswell for the Chelsea saga they call him for everything I was hurt when Gerrard done what he done, the 2nd time devasted, but Ive forgive him I think others should do the same.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:16 pm

alan shearer recently said its a waste benitez didnt call him before making the decision to sign bellamy.

Shearer's Record = One title bought by Jack Walker

Rafa's Record = Two La Ligas, one UEFA Cup, one FA Cup, one European Cup and one European cup runner's up.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:34 pm

metalhead wrote:
From my perspective, Owen was disgruntled with the way things were headed under the Houllier regime and had let his contract run down while weighing up options.  Houllier's sacking and the arrival of Rafa muddied the waters for him and it took him a few weeks to come to a decision after Portugal, by which time the CL qualifiers were upon us.  In other words, I don't think he'd made up his mind already to leave but had been leaning in that direction pretty heavily prior to Rafa's arrival and ultimately, he decided to take the plunge.

I would like to ask you a question or try to remember something here badbob.

I think i remember that owen was telling us that he will sign a new contract and its a few days away from being signed (before real madrid).

If he was saying all that to the media, does it mean he was sure that he will sign a new contract or just distracting us or hinting real madrid to snap him quickly?

I don't think he was undecided about his future.

TBH, mate, I can't remember if he said that or not.  It's quite possible he did, which would give more ammunition to the anti-Owen camp.  As I've said before, IMO, what's done is done as far as Owen leaving.  The issue is whether he would improve our side for a decent price if we were to go in for him right now.  On that score, I don't think there's much to debate (besides of course the related question of whether he'll stay fit or not).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Effes wrote:I think Owen's reception when Newcastle played here was conclusive
proof of how the fans appreciated his search for stardom.

Same thing happened when Souness buggered off.

Most of us dont want him back on principle rather than football reasons.
Maybe those of you posting who dont go the game/ not from Liverpool maybe haven't latched onto that.

Well am from Liverpool and reguarly attended games all over europe the last 15 years and I'd have him back in an instant.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:16 am

if we can get Owen then we should go for it, love him or loathe him the guy scores goals and puts the shits up opposition defences, all for 9 million quid, bargain if ever there was one.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby paisleyred » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 am

Bargain!!!
the wee c#nt is always injured and it is rare for a player to be as good on 2nd spells at a club.
paisleyred

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:36 am

like i said you either love him or loathe him, as for injuries i think he`s had some rotten luck of late with the knee injury and the foot, cant remember when he was last out with a hamstring. there is a slight risk, but there is a risk signing any player, i would nt say it was reason enough not to sign him.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion