Michael owen - We need him and he needs us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Thu May 24, 2007 4:01 pm

Last night we were solid in defence and formidable in midfield.  We conceded one of the flukiest goals ever in a european cup final which forced us to chase the game.  Unfortunately, we failed because we had no stike threat to worry the Milan defence.  Ultimately, we need a predator.  Rather than spending 20 million during the summer on a foreigner who may end up like another Gonzales and not settle, why don't we move for Michael Owen, a proven premiership goal scorer.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby garcia123 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:05 pm

after the last couple of years under rafa he has tried to sort out a striker in the mold of rush,fowler,owen we have signed morientas top scorer in champs league that season and hen couldnt cope with pl who will it be? options

villa -great in spain as was morientas
torres- as above
eto- as above
bent -not sure of him but is proven in england
owen -injury proned welsh ****
henry -loves the club and fans proven dont think :censored: would sell to us
anyone else
garcia123

Postby shades » Thu May 24, 2007 4:06 pm

I would love to have him back but does Rafa wants him? I think he would want to prove himself if he gets a chance to come back. But if he chooses another team again, then I guess that's it for me.
shades

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Because he's a shi.thouse who should never of left us, I will never want him back.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu May 24, 2007 4:14 pm

no thanks
puroresu

Postby Sabre » Thu May 24, 2007 4:15 pm

I agree Sean.

I also agree Rafa-Dodd in that he made a sin. I admit that.

But hasn't he paid enough his sin? underachieve in Real Madrid, having to play for the Geordies, isn't that to spend some years in hell?

I think this is like that bible story of the son who picks the money of the father and spends it in womans and vice, and then comes back. I'm a bit like the father of the story when it comes to Owen.

And FWIW, he's not the only one who had temptations to go.

Plus, if we leave sentiments aside, the relevant question is: would he be good for LFC?

I think so!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 24, 2007 4:20 pm

Nah not for me Sabre lad, I've washed me hands of him.

He was not the only one who was tempted to go BUT he was the only one who didn't give Rafa a chance.

Plus he ran down his contract on purpose, even though we had looked after him all his life. He was our own golden boy. At least Ashley Cole had the decency to sign a new contract with Arsenal even though he didn't want to be there, so that Arsenal wouldn't get shafted with a free transfer or a sh.itty fee for him.

Owen couldn't even do that.

At the time he was a European Player of the Year winner and worth around £25m - £30m, we got  £8m, Nunez and a packet of M&M's.
Last edited by Rafa D on Thu May 24, 2007 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:25 pm

No-one doubts his quality but his attitude,

that is something I question.

He put his own England ambitions ahead of Liverpool.

Who's to say he wouldn't have been picked for the world cup squad had he stayed at Real Madrid anyway?

I think he would have been picked regardless, him vs. Theo Walcott?

No contest.

Walcott with NO Premiership/top flight experience whatsoever.

Even Sven said he didn't have enough good strikers to choose from in a recent interview with the BBC, therefore, I find it difficult to imagine that Owen would not have been selected.

That is what I find particularly worrying about his attitude, the world cup premise just doesn't stand up.

He could have waited until the summer and joined us, but he chose to go to Newcastle.
LFC2007

Postby Reg » Thu May 24, 2007 4:29 pm

Bring back Owen?  Complete and utter bow-locks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 24, 2007 4:45 pm

I can't really argue with the people that say hes a **** but he's also a great goalscorer. If he came back, and scored the goals that win us the league, I think you may forgive or overlook his past mistakes.

Or is it worth spending an extra £20million or so on another striker just to make Owen suffer?
account deleted by request

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 24, 2007 4:53 pm

Yes, yes it is. :D

Personally I don't want him back, but if he comes back, he'll get my support.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Thu May 24, 2007 4:56 pm

If he is free from his injuries we must get him back simple as that. So he left under a cloud, so what. We turn down a guaranteed 20+ goals a season player,  who, had he been playing last night would of meant that today we would of been celebrating number 6. So we would turn down one of the best goalscorers in the world, just because we felt a bit upset at the way he left. Grow up ffs, cutting your nose off to spite your face over signing one of the missing pieces in our quest to challenge the top two and the best in Europe. Put your personal differences aside and look at the bigger picture. I dont really care what he did in the past, for the sort of money being talked about, 9 million it is a complete no brainer.

Get him back
destro

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 24, 2007 5:06 pm

£9m for a cabbage.

His injuries could of ruined him and what exactly has he done since he left us? Nothing of any worthy note.

I have every right to feel aggrieved that the little Welsh cu.nt left us in a moment of need. We have looked after him from the age of 6 and watched him develop and help him grow as a person and as a player. He was our golden boy when he was here and everyone looked after him for all those years and for what? £8m

So all the hardwork Heighway put in, all the coaches, all the managers, David Moores and Rick Parry, giving him large contracts and the fans giving him complete adulation and he turned his back on all of that for £8M.

He's a little fu.cking shi.thead and I hope I never see him wearing our shirt, because frankly he aint worthy.

Did he give Rafa a chance?

Did he sign a contract (like Cashley) so we wouldn't get shafted on the fee?

Did he give us a firm answer for over a year about what he wanted to do? (So his contract and value dwindled)

DID HE FU.CK!!

I'd take any of our strikers over him any day of the week because they love the club, he loves himself.
Last edited by Rafa D on Thu May 24, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu May 24, 2007 5:10 pm

he should stay at newcastle as they have paid him so much money 4 nothing.
puroresu

Postby Rafa D » Thu May 24, 2007 5:11 pm

puroresu wrote:he should stay at newcastle as they have paid him so much money 4 nothing.

Exactly mate. He owes them something.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion