THE MICHAEL OWEN THREAD - all owen talk here from now on please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:54 am

stmichael wrote:i expect to see solano sign by the end of today.

Yay, we lose out on Owen but we get another big name like Solano  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Afroman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:55 am

Seriously,is that you in the picture Paul C ???
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:06 am

If its true that those b*stards at Real Madrid still owe us 4 million then I hope we demand it be paid today!
FrankM

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:38 pm

Well, well, well. So this is what it's like to post on the Owen thread. Some of you may remember back before the end of last seson it was me that stuck by my guns and said that we would not see MO back in the red of Liverpool and that I would no longer post on the subject until something concrete had happened, so it's good (kinda) to be back posting. And, I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. And when I say hate I mean to say, "it slightly dissapoints me to say..." because, like so many of you, I am a little sad not to see Owen sign for us, but only a little bit. We didn't get what we wanted, so hopefully we'll get what we need in a right winger and a centre half.

Now let's turn those  :(  s upside down and look forward to a new era of Liverpool with Rafa and Stevie and Jamie and all the others, and good luck to Michael.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:06 pm

I have to admit when i saw the news  i couldnt believe it , not only that Owen chooseing Newcastle but the shear stupidity of Shepard, does the man really think that Owen will stay more than one season? 
Owen has a get out clause of 12 Million  so Shepard  looses 4 million in profit and Real makes a mug out of him and makes a nice fat profit as well.

In all honesty  i think most of us feel we will struggle for goals from the strikers we have this season    so i think that its a strong possibility that Owen will wear a barcode for one season then back here next season  because if he realisticly wants European football then he has to  leave Newcastle .
If the reason for Owen not coming  to us was because Raffa refused to pay more than waht we sold him for them  fair enough i can understand that , but at the same time  i think Owen panicked because it was so close to the end of the transfer window  and  felt he would be sitting on the bench .
When Owen goes at the end of the season to whoever  ( and it well maybe us ) then Shepard is going to look a total fool in front of the whole footbaling world .
This whole sorry saga has left a bitter taste in most our mouths  , people will be blaming him him and him because of the sheer frustration felt by so many  in these  last couple of weeks  but the biggest loss will be to Newcastle who will look total fools come the end of the season , not only  loosing 4 million or more in profit but buying a player who clearly didnt want to play for them and only went there out of sheer desperation
:blues:
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:10 pm

gota laugh tho. Owen spent so much time going on about the importance of playing in the Champions league....wining top honours...now he's signed for Newcastle  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:38 pm

7_Kewell wrote:gota laugh tho. Owen spent so much time going on about the importance of playing in the Champions league....wining top honours...now he's signed for Newcastle  :D

luv it   :buttrock
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:57 pm

:D  :laugh: ready for a battle at the foot of the table is he  :D

Robhinio is awesome.. and Batista.. the writing was on the wall for mikey.. he's a grt goalscore, but he couldn't stand with them.. they are absolutely awesome.. I'll dig out me thread on world players.. there's some clips on there of them two.. take a look and you'll know what I mean.

So is this thread ready to be locked now :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pinguinobetico » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:03 pm

Baptista is a good player but i think baptista is not awesome I prefer owen than him. I live here in Seville and i have been in Sevilla's Stadium watching sevilla although sevilla is our rival. I think he wont score that number of goal at madrid because he is playing in another position in the field. I dont understan why madrid sold owen...  ???
Pinguinobetico

Postby supersub » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:27 am

Closure at last on the attempts of Owen to use our great club as a platform to keep his England shirt.No to parasites.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion