Owen in baros out? - Tribal football the seekers after truth

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:32 am

made me laugh atleast...i'm happy now!

or am i just hungry...
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby LFCNUTTER » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:48 am

I heard this morning from a good source who works for LFC (not just a steward or in the ticket office) that baros will be gone in the next couple of days and owen will come to liverpool but the board have insisted that baros has to go first they dont want to end up with five forwards
LFCNUTTER

Postby RedWolf35 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:51 pm

Chelsea forever  -   do you ever post on the Chelsea Fc site? ????  everytime I look on here there is a post from you!!!   maybe you want to be a red in your heart of hearts as your team is as bland as a grease sandwich    :p
RedWolf35

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:28 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:Nobby Solano!!!

Why buy Zenden and Solano who are getting older by the minute?!

We haven't bought Solano, also Zenden is only 28 and still have a good 4 years in him.

How much are your ticket prices mate?  :;):  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:39 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:My inside source tells me that the Right Winger that Rafa is after is Nobby Solano, who he is trying to include in a baros deal if we can offload him to Villa

Solano +£6m make senses whoever your "source" is.  Your keyboard i assume.
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:18 pm

Mirror says that we will ask Madrid for a loan and then try to sign him in January
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bellew_89 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:44 pm

DON'T BRING IN WANT U DIDN'T WANT!!!

DON'T RETURN TO KNOWN GROUND!!!

PLEASE RAFA DO ALL OF US A FAVOUR AND DON'T BE PUSHED INTO A CORNER AND PERSUADED TO GET A FORMER GREAT!!!

HE IS NOT HALF THE PLAYER HE  USED TO BE!!  MAY REASON BEING IF HE WAS DECENT HE WOULD BE PLAYING WEEK IN WEEK OUT!!!
bellew_89

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:49 pm

HE IS NOT HALF THE PLAYER HE  USED TO BE!!  MAY REASON BEING IF HE WAS DECENT HE WOULD BE PLAYING WEEK IN WEEK OUT!!

14 goals in 20 some games? Raul is untouchable and so is Ronaldo, thats why Owen can't start week in and week out.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Arren » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:16 pm

I realy dont know who to choose out of Owen and Baros but I think Baros is a better player
Arren

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:18 pm

Arren wrote:I realy dont know who to choose out of Owen and Baros but I think Baros is a better player

I'll give you a clue............................................. OWEN!!!  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:26 pm

sjy are supposed to of reported owen was seen at liverpools training ground today ? please someone tell me its true , just got in from work. if it is hes deff coming back , going there for any other reason would just add to the speculation, does anyone know if hes on tour in america or is it true
destro

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:03 pm

sjy are supposed to of reported owen was seen at liverpools training ground today ? please someone tell me its true , just got in from work. if it is hes deff coming back , going there for any other reason would just add to the speculation, does anyone know if hes on tour in america or is it tru

Every player that's linked with us is always "spotted" at our training ground.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby destro » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:04 pm

so its not true ? is he in america with the REAL squad or not ???
destro

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:16 pm

so its not true ? is he in america with the REAL squad or not

He was in America in July. Reports yesterday said that he was in Austria with Madrid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby tommycockles » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:45 pm

I really can't understand all these people slating Owen. Yes he moved away- but how many of you have stayed with the first company you worked for?? I've moved several times in fact as sometimes things get stale and you need to move on to frshen things up. Under Houllier I can understand him getting a bit disillusioned and wanting to try something else while he still could. But to come back- that shows two things- guts and a love for Liverpool. Yeah you can argue there's not a great deal of options for him, but i think it's also the case that not many people can afford to bid for him and there's not may clubs that he'd want to go to (newcastle for a start!!).
He's as good as anyone in the Premiership, he has a different style to others but is guaranteed to score goals!! At least when he comes back he'll won't have all the negative thoughts connected with an uncertainty of where you want to be, maybe Gerrard considered this when making his decision to stay.I think we should bring him back and let him concentrate on winning back the Liverpool fans that loved him (and by the sounds of some of you on here it'll take some work!!- but we can only benefit from that.)

Man- the season hasn't even started and there's people on this forum already saying we're a joke and they wouldn't be sad if we went out of the CL on wednesday. Sound like Blue noses to me!!

Think positive- we're in every competition to win!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion