Which current squad players are good enough

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 am

Noticed over the threads and accross the board that nearly every player has either been rated - not good enough - overrated , sh.ite etc

So which off the current squad are either 1.Important First Team 2.Important Squad 3. Back up 4. Not Good enough and just for Mick - 5. Other

Pepe - First Team
Arbs- Squad
Darby-Back up
Carra-First team
Agger-First
Skrtel-Squad
Aurelio -Squad
Insua -Back up
Masher- First team
Xabi - First Team
Lucas-Squad
Spearing-Back up
Gerrard-First Team
Kuyt-First Team
Reira-Squad
Yossi-Squad
Babel-Not good enough
El Zhar - Not Good enough
Torres- First team
Ngog-Back up
Voronin-Not good enough
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:58 am

I think El Zhar has potential. Riera and Skrtel, underrated.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Festy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:59 am

This has already been discussed to death in other threads. Non-sense thread and totally unnecessary.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:05 pm

It's a good job you put "others" in mate because a number of them come into that category. N'Gog, El Zhar and Insua are definately all "others" in that they currently aren't really good enough, but probably will be become good players in time. That said, while Insua I'm fairly certain will definately be good enough and arguably already is, I'm not so sure about N'Gog and El Zhar. I propose we have an "other" "others" section, into which we could chuck these other two.

I'd have to give Darby his own section as I've never seen him play. He'll have to go into the other "others" who aren't in the "other others" section.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Hence why i gave you an other section all for you Mick
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Pepe - Not Good Enough
Arbs- Not Good Enough
Darby- First team
Carra- Not Good Enough
Agger- Not Good Enough
Skrtel- Not Good Enough
Aurelio - Not Good Enough
Insua - Not Good Enough
Masher- Not Good Enough
Xabi - Not Good Enough
Lucas aka Roy Keane - First Team (Should be Brazil and Liverpool captain in GBYS' gay opinion)
Spearing - First Team
Gerrard- Not Good Enough
Kuyt- Not Good Enough
Reira-Not Good Enough
Yossi- Not Good Enough
Babel- First Team
El Zhar - First Team
Torres- Not Good Enough
Ngog- First Team
Voronin- First Team
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Insua is a cracking left back , back up my anus . He will be first choice this season , deffo.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:13 pm

bigmick wrote:It's a good job you put "others" in mate because a number of them come into that category. N'Gog, El Zhar and Insua are definately all "others" in that they currently aren't really good enough, but probably will be become good players in time. That said, while Insua I'm fairly certain will definately be good enough and arguably already is, I'm not so sure about N'Gog and El Zhar. I propose we have an "other" "others" section, into which we could chuck these other two.

I'd have to give Darby his own section as I've never seen him play. He'll have to go into the other "others" who aren't in the "other others" section.

I'd add Babel and Spearing to your names in the 'other' section...
oh and Kuyt as squad but besides that i agree with what Gybs had in his post...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Festy wrote:Pepe - Not Good Enough
Arbs- Not Good Enough
Darby- First team
Carra- Not Good Enough
Agger- Not Good Enough
Skrtel- Not Good Enough
Aurelio - Not Good Enough
Insua - Not Good Enough
Masher- Not Good Enough
Xabi - Not Good Enough
Lucas aka Roy Keane - First Team (Should be Brazil and Liverpool captain in GBYS' gay opinion)
Spearing - First Team
Gerrard- Not Good Enough
Kuyt- Not Good Enough
Reira-Not Good Enough
Yossi- Not Good Enough
Babel- First Team
El Zhar - First Team
Torres- Not Good Enough
Ngog- First Team
Voronin- First Team

any particular point you would like to make ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:15 pm

aCe' wrote:
bigmick wrote:It's a good job you put "others" in mate because a number of them come into that category. N'Gog, El Zhar and Insua are definately all "others" in that they currently aren't really good enough, but probably will be become good players in time. That said, while Insua I'm fairly certain will definately be good enough and arguably already is, I'm not so sure about N'Gog and El Zhar. I propose we have an "other" "others" section, into which we could chuck these other two.

Which bit of the "others" Ace. In the "others", the "other others" or in the "others that aren't in the other others"  ???
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Insua is a cracking left back , back up my anus . He will be first choice this season , deffo.

he seems to be a bit stop start for me Igor - when he first broke into the team he looked very good going forward but very suspect defending and last couple of games he looked like he was a rabbit caught in headlights going forward but was solid at back . He is still young and developing and would still play Aurelio before him .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Yep I think Aurelio is currently well ahead of Insua too. I'm actually really hopeful that Aurelio can build on his excellent last 1/3 of the season and can compete with the other big fours left backs as tbeing the best in the league (Clichy, Cole, Evra). In actual fact, left back is one of the strongest positions amongst our rivals when you think about it, all those three are good players. I like Aurelio though, always have and think he can join those names.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Insua has shown he is more than good enough to deserve a squad place at the very least. 

Lucas has done nothing to suggest he deserves a squad place.  He needs to improve this season big time, he has been a liability at times. 

Kuyt and Riera first team but only because there's no other decent options.  Neither are top drawer but they are still worthy squad players should we bring in quality wide men at a later stage.
Rockthekop

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:23 pm

yeah Aurelio has always had a lot of talent unfortuantley he has bad luck with injuries. Last season he was nursed through the season and Insua came in when Aurelio was needing to be protected which seemed to work well .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:29 pm

bigmick wrote:
aCe' wrote:

Which bit of the "others" Ace. In the "others", the "other others" or in the "others that aren't in the other others"  ???

:Oo:

im sorry  :down:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion