Current squad

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 am

stew_the_red » Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm wrote:Merieles is one very overhyped player - he did nothing for 4 months then he scores 4 or 5 in 4 games and then he disappeared again.

You’re talking out your @rse. Get a clue lad!

Stew the red returns like the shits after a curry.
Benny The Noon

Postby D___C » Mon May 14, 2012 12:24 am

Fowler_E7 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:57 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm wrote:We never had a frontline of Suarez and Torres . Torres left immediately after Suarez arrived - they never even trained together so I'm amazed you can even suggest they were in a squad together.

Merieles is one very overhyped player - he did nothing for 4 months then he scores 4 or 5 in 4 games and then he disappeared again.

Did nothing for 4 months? what the hell are you on about he was one ou best players last season, its amazing how you critisise a player like Merieles for doing nothing but constantly defend other players who did far less in a Liverpool shirt

Its Benny being Benny... speak ill of that man in his sig he has a fit.

Benny is one of those people who big up their own, and ridicule everyone else. Spearing, Shelvey, Henderson, Adam combined don't come up to the standard of Merieles. Had Merieles still been with us and the other four not, Benny would be calling him the new Terry Mac, while the others would be four carthorses.

Theres nothing worse than bias. Every post he makes reeks of it.
D___C

Postby stew_the_red » Mon May 14, 2012 12:25 am

D___C » Sun May 13, 2012 11:24 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:57 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 pm wrote:We never had a frontline of Suarez and Torres . Torres left immediately after Suarez arrived - they never even trained together so I'm amazed you can even suggest they were in a squad together.

Merieles is one very overhyped player - he did nothing for 4 months then he scores 4 or 5 in 4 games and then he disappeared again.

Did nothing for 4 months? what the hell are you on about he was one ou best players last season, its amazing how you critisise a player like Merieles for doing nothing but constantly defend other players who did far less in a Liverpool shirt

Its Benny being Benny... speak ill of that man in his sig he has a fit.

Benny is one of those people who big up their own, and ridicule everyone else. Spearing, Shelvey, Henderson, Adam combined don't come up to the standard of Merieles. Had Meriles still been with us and the other four not, Benny would be calling him the new Terry Mac, while the others would be four carthorses.

Theres nothing worse than bias. Every post he makes reeks of it.

Benny’s the forum clown but he doesn’t realise it!
stew_the_red

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 14, 2012 12:27 am

So Kerry please tell me what Merieles did from August 10 until December 10 , add Jan into that Equation as well.
Benny The Noon

Postby stew_the_red » Mon May 14, 2012 12:53 am

Benny The Noon » Sun May 13, 2012 11:27 pm wrote:So Kerry please tell me what Merieles did from August 10 until December 10 , add Jan into that Equation as well.

KNOBHEAD!
stew_the_red

Postby ethanr » Mon May 14, 2012 1:05 am

Benny The Noon » Sun May 13, 2012 3:27 pm wrote:So Kerry please tell me what Merieles did from August 10 until December 10 , add Jan into that Equation as well.

Actually agree with Benny here...  He wasn't much until he scored what 5 or 6 cracking goals in as many weeks, then nothing again for the rest of the season.  THe simple fact is that he was as hit and miss as they come.  One game he'd be doing alright for us, and the next I've forgotten has played.  Could never make the full 90 minutes, was always subbed around the 70th, and if he wasn't then he just somewhat skipped around the pitch for the rest of the game. 

Don't give the whole he won fans poty ***** either because that voted for literally right after he scored all those ridiculous goals.  He played well for us for a month and a half, and the rest of the time was lucky to be as consistent as Hendo or Adam.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 14, 2012 1:15 am

ethanr » Mon May 14, 2012 12:05 am wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sun May 13, 2012 3:27 pm wrote:So Kerry please tell me what Merieles did from August 10 until December 10 , add Jan into that Equation as well.

Actually agree with Benny here...  He wasn't much until he scored what 5 or 6 cracking goals in as many weeks, then nothing again for the rest of the season.  THe simple fact is that he was as hit and miss as they come.  One game he'd be doing alright for us, and the next I've forgotten has played.  Could never make the full 90 minutes, was always subbed around the 70th, and if he wasn't then he just somewhat skipped around the pitch for the rest of the game. 

Don't give the whole he won fans poty ***** either because that voted for literally right after he scored all those ridiculous goals.  He played well for us for a month and a half, and the rest of the time was lucky to be as consistent as Hendo or Adam.

I agree Meireles jumped out of way too many tackles, and was as menacing as Lampard flexing his hump .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:27 am

Yep Merierles was terrible scoring all those match winners, i wish he was as good as Henderson he wins us games all the time  :help
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D___C » Mon May 14, 2012 4:54 am

You miss the point Benito

You slag off a superior player in Merieles (who plays for someone else), and big up inferior players (who are with us). Continuous bias.

There is no accuracy in your posts, the bias prevents any.

Merieles is not a top top player, but hes on a different level to the four players (Spearing, Shelvey, Adam, Henderson) that have stinked out central midfield for us. Merieles was signed by a top club and was a key player in Chelsea's two games against Barcelona, and is ahead of Essien in the pecking order. When Spearing leaves us for 500,000 he will be heading to Sheffield Wednesday, Adam is being linked with a return to Blackpool, Shelvey will be loaned out to a championship team in August, while Henderson will be a regular fixture on the bench if and when we bring in a decent central midfielder.

Accuracy will always prevail over bias.

We have an 8th place squad, we have got worse under Kenny, we have spent a fortune on inferior players to what we had previously.
D___C

Postby metalhead » Mon May 14, 2012 7:18 am

Sorry, but Meireles was a good player, he was an excellent one and it's a shame we let him go. I'm still not sure if he really wanted to go or Kenny/Comolli didn't see a future for him.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 am

He was good but tempermental, some days he simply didn't turn up which was pretty darn annoying.

Strange how folks always rememeber the good bits and not the bad.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 14, 2012 8:07 am

metalhead » Mon May 14, 2012 7:18 am wrote:Sorry, but Meireles was a good player, he was an excellent one and it's a shame we let him go. I'm still not sure if he really wanted to go or Kenny/Comolli didn't see a future for him.

Like i said what exactly did Merieles do outside of that month of superb football.

He has the ability but the application and heart was suspect.
Benny The Noon

Postby Basil » Mon May 14, 2012 8:17 am

Come on D_C, you're posts are as biassed or more so than anyone else on here, you seem to have a personal dislike of some of the players.

I agree Meireles was a good, mobile player but not ideally suited to the PL as he just wouldn't tackle, he did pop up with some good goals and was often in support of pay but he did go missing in a lot of games. I would have liked him to stay but he's now 29 and he wanted to leave.
Basil

Postby Basil » Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 am

Rafa took us to 7th place in his last season as the H&G regime took hold and Alonso, Hypia, Arbeloa, Pennant, Dossena, Voronin, Leto etc left and were replaced by Glen Johnson, Aquilani and Kyrgiakos for a net spend of MINUS £8M.

FSG took over and appointed Roy, we lost Mascherano, Benayoun, Riera etc.  and signed Joe Cole, Meireles, Poulsen, Konchesky, Jovanovich, Shelvey etc. Roy's net spend was another MINUS, about £7M and we were bottom half of the table.

Kenny came in and just after we lost Torres and Babel but signed Suarez and Carroll for a net spend of about £2M, finishing 6th place.

We then had a major clear out and got rid of Poulsen, Konchesky, Jovanovich, Ayala, Insua, Ngog, Kyrgiakos, Meireles, loaned out Cole and Aquilani and brought in Henderson, Downing, Adam, Enrique, Coates and Bellamy for a net spend of about £35M. In a disappointing season we have just finished 8th in the league and got to 2 cup finals.

Our squad is now younger than last season and the wage bill is lower but I don't understand how anyone could argue that the squad is weaker than it was last year or that a lot of money has been wasted.

The squad does need strengthening in certain areas but you can't build a new squad over one summer and if we make the right signings over this summer and have more luck with injuries, we should be a lot more competitive next season.

I don't think I'm being biassed her or having rose tinted specs or is it just that I see my glass as half full whereas some people see there's as half empty or perhaps even bone dry in some cases ?
Basil

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:47 am

Lets not fill this thread with EX managers and EX players focus on the current side.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion