Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:11 pm

must have been wasted that day
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Agreed.

Too late to change the view now, but mid-table is more realistic right now.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Voted 8th! Think i was being nice then.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:10 am

alxy wrote:Avoid relegation......

All of a sudden, my tongue-in-cheek prediction doesn't seem so funny or ridiculous now....  :(
alxy

Postby jimmy brighton » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:26 am

I can't believe that I was as delusional as I was by predicting we would be up there challenging. I knew we'd struggle coming to terms with Roy's way of playing but this has gone way beyond my own assessment. We are an actual laughing stock at the moment. I can't believe how low we've actually sunk. With so-called world-class players looking like they couldn't lace the boots of a Runcorn Linnets team. Beyond comprehension! However, I do think the man deserves at least a little more time. The thing is, I would normally be quite emphatic about my opinion but again, at the moment I don't know how long he should actually be given
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:36 pm

Extremely difficult to predict where we'll finish as there are so many unknown variables at play.

Will we have new owners and investment, a new manager, or will the current ownership malaise continue? No one knows.

Whats for certain is that the CL is a pipe dream. Chelsea will probably win it, UTD second and Arsenal and Man City either third or fourth. Spurs look a good side but they are CL newbies, and I expect their CL campaign will affect their chances.

Everton are actually a useful side and they have proven in the past that they are capable of making a good run, and I fancy them for 6th or 7th.

After that you have a bunch of sides with not much between them, such as Villa, Blackburn, Birmingham and Sunderland who will fill out the middle half of the table. It'll take a dramatic turn about in our fortunes to get above them should the status quo remain.

I dont think relegation is genuinely a prospect, despite what our manager has said.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:39 pm

It's an average league imo. We could finish anywhere. At the moment you only have to win one game and you can go up 6-8 places. Fulham and Sunderland are currently in the top half and they've only won one game each like us. It's crazy.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:59 pm

its anyone's guess right now.  could be anywhere between 6th and 16th.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 pm

If we played like the last 7 matches .... we might end at 18th and below .... We need to focus to hit our target which is to get CL football next season ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby JBG » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:If we played like the last 7 matches .... we might end at 18th and below .... We need to focus to hit our target which is to get CL football next season ...

Never gonna happen mate.

If it did I'd plant a big kiss on Hicks' fat old head.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby europian-kings » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:27 pm

1st..

:D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Its hard to tell at this moment. First off we have the owners issue, October being the telling month. Will we get new owners with money for January? If not what players will be sold in January and who will be brought in?

I honestly don't know where we will finish as a lot is to be decided on and off the pitch.

I think, considering all the cack I usually type, this is my best piece so far !

(still clueless though as to where we will finish !)  :blush:
Last edited by Kharhaz on Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Its hard to tell at this moment. First off we have the owners issue, October being the telling month. Will we get new owners with money for January? If not what players will be sold in January and who will be brought in?

I honestly don't know where we will finish as a lot is to be decided on and off the pitch.

I think, considering all the cack I usually type, this is my best piece so far !

well you did well predicting oct being a telling month but that was hardly nostradamus stuff as this was the month the refinancing was needing to be sorted  :D
And on the subject of the thread, you never actually answered it at all  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

well you did well predicting oct being a telling month but that was hardly nostradamus stuff as this was the month the refinancing was needing to be sorted  :D
And on the subject of the thread, you never actually answered it at all  :D

Yeah but I did say, considering the cack I usually type !  :laugh:

Actually Penguins right after my post didn't think it would be sorted by then so there were doubters...
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liambaitup21 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Thinking 6th this season. Least thats as good as last season, not really what we want though but once the yanks :censored: are gone maybe the club can move forward!!
Robbie Fowler a True GOD!!!
liambaitup21

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion