Can we finish in top 4?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:53 pm

A.B. wrote:We win today and we're 6th place. Step by step we'll be in the top 4

:D today A.b?
were not playin today.
playing on tuesday.
The scum are playin tomorrow :glare: .
TBH the weekends results done us a favour really, them that should have got 3 points didnt and there where a few draws.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:58 pm

I ment to say Tuesday damn it :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:08 am

I predict we will come in 4th, with Newcastle in 5th. Everton will finish between 6th and 10th if they are lucky. They have no strength in depth and are basically rubbish.
Last edited by crazyhorse on Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:01 am

Rash prediction - we'll get a run going and will eventually come 3rd. With Baros back and fit, plus a signing or 2 in the window, we'll add some firepower up front to the good stuff that our midfield have been showing us at times.

I really think that Man U will be struggling to keep pace this come the end of the season - they've got a fair few players struggling to hit form, and let's face it they're long overdue a really poor season.

The size of Everton and Villa's squads will bite them on the chuff in the New Year, and I reckon that Newcastle are going to be well off the pace. Everton, basically, are Bolton without the occasional flair.
ivor_the_injun

Postby L-type » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:12 am

Actually how is Man U in third?  I'll tell u how since they beat Arsenal through the grace of god they have played no one that would present any top 10 side a real challenge.  Once their schedule begins to pick up a bit we'll climb over them into 4th possibly 3rd. 

* We were very fortunate with the results this weekend.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:04 am

I find it difficult to make predictions because we are getting inconsistent results this season. Overall, we are arguably playing better football than last year with better passing build-up and mediocre players of yesteryear turning improved performances. The only thing is we lack players who can tuck in the chances.

Also, we have struggled against teams with energetic midfield like Bolton and Everton who close down games. Had we taken our chances, we would have won. The defence is slow and ponderous with Hyppia looking past his best, in spite of all of the efforts by Carra.

We are a good defender and a good striker short of consistent winning results. A more effective wide player than Kewell would also help although if we get a really good striker who can score consistently, this (Kewel playing like he is on a Sunday park match) won't be such a big problem.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:08 am

Sigh... It really depends on who's coming come January. A prolific striker to put in all the chances we have been creating. A rock solid defender who can command the midfield and defense to shape up.

The current team now lacks any winning mentallity. Someone needs to come in and restore some beleif of winning games week in week out. We are far too inconsistent so far. Nothing we do promises a 4th placing nor elsewhere in europe this season. Add on the rumours over gerrard's hunger for glory in other clubs. We have to get the consistency back.

We have been through the worst, it can only get better. ???
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:11 am

Remember the 2002-2003 season, when we went on that horrendous streak where we couldn't buy a win for love nor money? We endured that, and then got our act together sufficiently to take the matter of CL qualification to the last game.

If we can go through a run like that and nearly steal fourth, this season should be a cakewalk into the top 4 by comparison. It helps that Newcastle and Villa - the most viable opposition for the CL spot - are by no means the most buoyant of teams themselves.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:16 am

i think we will finish in the top 20  :D

seriously though we need some consistency before we even think about a top 4 place
112-1077774096

Postby maximus » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:27 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
blue_santa wrote::laugh:  :laugh:

4TH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OH STOP IT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YOUR A JOKE AN ABSOLUTE FCKIN JOKE EVERY LAST ONE OF YAZ  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NXT ULL BE TELLIN US YOUR GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE !!

ARSENAL CHELSEA AND MAN U R A CLASS APART FROM U
THE ONLY GOOD PLAYER U HAVE IS GERRARD WHO WILL SOON BE AT CHELSEA.  AFTER WATCHIN U LOSERS YESTERDEY  ID SAY EVEN BORO AND NEWCASTLE HAVE A BETTER SQUAD THAN UZE.   DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE TEAM SECOND IN THE LEAGUE HAAA

this guy is a joke

POT, KETTLE, BLACK  :p
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:02 am

Don't talk about finishing 4th as a huge achievement - it makes you sound like that idiot GH.

Finishing 4th is ******, SG will leave (and rightfully too) and we'll still be talking about rebuilding etc. If you offerred me a guarantee of winning the league in 2010 I'd take it, it won't be any sooner.

We really need champions league. There are really only 3 good teams in the league, Everton are ****** and will hit a run of about 10 games without a win at some stage. I think we can get 4th.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:00 pm

My early season prediction of 6th looks about right.
Red_Si

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:06 pm

Chelsea look every inch the champions so far, but even so I expect them to have a wobble at some point.

Arsenal are wobbling a bit, and I can see them drawing games they'd have easily won last year. Still good enough to win the title, but they need to start getting a winning run together fast.

Man U are inconsistent and are struggling to accommodate everyone in their first 11. Not in the hunt for the title this year for me, and may be surprised to find themselves in a dogfight for the 4th spot.

Everton have been "winning ugly", which will give them a creditable placing, but still no higher than between 6th and 8th for me at the season's end - they just don't have the squad to sustain them over the whole campaign.

Villa look like a much-improved side this year, but even so they've not been the most consistent, and I expect them to drop a lot of points when injuries and suspensions become an issue.

Newcastle are having a poor season, and will probably struggle to make the top 6 if their form continues as it has been.

We've got ground to make up, but hopefully we can improve our away form and start stringing results together. The performances have been sporadically very good, but we need to translate this into consistently winning football. We look capable of being an excellent cup side, which may make the CL interesting, but we're occasionally a bit all-show and no balls in the Prem at the moment.

That said, this is on the back of a disappointing derby loss. Had we sneaked that game, we'd all be reflecting on one of the better weeks in our recent history. It's just a shame that the momentum we seemed to get from two excellent results has suddenly gone out of the window.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 100-1102639321 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:56 pm

yet again i must add that i believe some people on this board arent watching the same liverpool team as me, because i cant see us winning the league in the next five years.  we have to have a mass clear out and get some proper players in. give the likes of welsh and semi a go in the side, they might have the quality or experience but they will have the heart.
100-1102639321

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:57 pm

Semmy is at Crewe at the moment though, agree on Welsh.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion