Where will we finish

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Looking at the way things have been if he did stay we would probably come about 10th. Which would be a disgrace.
If he goes we may get 6th or 7th if someone can come in and rejuvinate the players.

thats what i was thinking, Roys terrible but i dont think were bad enough to get dragged into relegation scrap like some are saying.

we will pick points up at home, easily enough to stay up. But away we will continue to get next to nothing.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby brentd4 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:47 pm

tenner on 10th,  were pish
brentd4

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:56 pm

not in a european place in the league

it wont be wwbbtj, it will be wwfbb (will we finish below blackpool)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Judge wrote:not in a european place in the league

could finishing outside of Europe be a good thing? I'm talking about the Europa league, not the Champsions League....

It would let us focus on our league form and let us rebuild without meaningless away games in Eastern Europe etc.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:00 pm

7_Kewell wrote:

could finishing outside of Europe be a good thing? I'm talking about the Europa league, not the Champsions League....

It would let us focus on our league form and let us rebuild without meaningless away games in Eastern Europe etc.

to be fair we havent used the big players in europe this season so it cant really be used as an excuse.
Ben Patrick

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:02 pm

no one will come to liverpool if we are not playing top teams, in fact when we did win the cl, no one significant came in droves, coz if they did we would be league champions 4 yr ago

why cant we get the best players ??? or at least attract them??, or even get a great manager in to lure these players over??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

to be fair we havent used the big players in europe this season so it cant really be used as an excuse.

i didn't mean it as an excuse for this season...but next season i would rather we didn't bother with it. It's a joke competition and being out of it would let us focus on our league position.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:07 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

i didn't mean it as an excuse for this season...but next season i would rather we didn't bother with it. It's a joke competition and being out of it would let us focus on our league position.

its not a great competition but it does give some of the inexperienced players a chance of gaining some european experience.
Also once it gets to the later stages it will improve and winning it would be great.
Not that we will as you have to be able to pick up results away from home and as soon as we draw anyone decent we will get f'cked away more than likely.
Ben Patrick

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:14 pm

being in the european places is vital as part of our rebuilding process, as it all about attracting players. we will all ready be missing out on the top players, as the ones we have will want to be leaving and new ones will only want to play in the champions league. therefore we will have to settle for players who are of the best europa league level, our own youth, and those who believe that liverpool fc really is still a club worth playing for. if we are out of all european competition next season, and as expected players like torres and reina do one, then we will remain mid table for some time. having said all that i'm not holding out a lot of hope for a top 6 finish or a cup win either.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:52 pm

andy_g wrote:being in the european places is vital as part of our rebuilding process, as it all about attracting players. we will all ready be missing out on the top players, as the ones we have will want to be leaving and new ones will only want to play in the champions league. therefore we will have to settle for players who are of the best europa league level, our own youth, and those who believe that liverpool fc really is still a club worth playing for. if we are out of all european competition next season, and as expected players like torres and reina do one, then we will remain mid table for some time. having said all that i'm not holding out a lot of hope for a top 6 finish or a cup win either.

Agreed, forget about Champions League, at least a Europa place would be good enough to attract some good players
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Added exposure, added income, mercandise and attraction of better players is what european football brings.

Sooner or later "history" will mean little if there is no money and midtable finishes.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Penguins wrote:Added exposure, added income, mercandise and attraction of better players is what european football brings.

Sooner or later "history" will mean little if there is no money and midtable finishes.

No
It will mean more because it will be all we have
Thommo's perm

Postby Penguins » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 pm

For us supporters yes, but for everyone else no.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Penguins wrote:For us supporters yes, but for everyone else no.

Thats what the Romans thought but people still talk about them
Thommo's perm

Postby Penguins » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:28 am

zzzzz...

Still the romans lost to never rise again.
Apealing, I think not...

Anyway, I am worried about the next few years than just this season.

Right now I haven't seen any indication/action that things look brighter.

There is no coincidence that the top 5 clubs are in a league of their own. MONEY.

We have invested nothing for years, stadium is just as built as it was 10 years ago.
All those money Rafa got us from all the CL success just gone on interest instead of back in the team.

That for me is the biggest sin. When we were on top and going places and getting prize money, only a very small portion was reinvested in team. That won't float...

With no investment in the team for years it won't do to just say business as usual and have a net spend of 15 million/year
and expect things to pick up and get back there.
We have to "take back" those 3 lost years investmentwise and
shell out 60-70 million imo to be back at the top. Dreamland?

NO, the truth.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion