Where will we finish 20/21

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:37 am

I do see that all the teams seem to be improving around us and we are not active in the transfer market but I think we have “new players” in Minamino and Keita who have taken time to adjust to England and will come good this season, especially Keita. I like swapping Gini for Thiago if it happens, I think that will improve us and we were the best teams in the world.  It does seem like we went off the boil after winning the title but since our boil was winning every match, it was always going to be hard to maintain. Since we are now more confident, more mature we will play like champions.

Since I have said we will win for the last five seasons I’ll go for the same.... we will be crowned champions!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:51 pm

This will be good fun. I remember this time last year some of the bed wetters saying we'd struggle to finish in the top 4 having just got 97 points and not losing any players in the summer!

I'll go with a guess of both us and Man City getting 85-95 points and being the top 2. Man Utd seem pretty stable at the moment and have a strong front 3 working together well so I think they'll be the ones challenging the top 2.

It's always a struggle when you're trying to integrate a bunch of players and Lampard is an inexperienced manager so I think they'll battle it out for 4th with Spurs and Arsenal. Have a sneaky feeling that Jose might sneak it and Lampard gets the sack.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Top 6

1/2- Liverpool or City (difficult to predict who will win it)
3 Chelsea
4 Man Utd
5 Arsenal
6 Wolves

FA Cup- Chelsea/Man Utd
League Cup- Man City
UCL - Liverpool
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:43 am

Consistent with the last 2 seasons I reckon, so either 1st or 2nd.

That is based on what we have in the squad at the minute and hoping the lads stay fit. Losing Gini will have a big impact and we are in trouble if Mane follows him. The key for us again will be to keep doing what we have been doing and stringing the wins together. Its not the time for formation changes or to be mixing it up unless its plan B.

I don't think Manure the Chavs or Arsenal have done enough to get anywhere near winning it and you can add Spuds to that as well. They will play a part though in taking points of ourselves and City.

Disappointed we didn't sign Werner TBH.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:23 pm

What happens if Mo, Mane, VVD test positive for COVID?   We'd be in Dicky's Meadow...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:05 am

The risk is there but that risk is there for every team, it will be an interesting year this year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:54 am

Chelsea have signed some quality players, although maybe not quite in the positions they needed them. Still, the quality is there so they have the potential to be a threat. United were in excellent form after they signed Fernandes and if they can replicate that for this season, they might challenge for the title. They're also close to signing Sancho apparently. And City are... well City.

Honestly, all I'm certain of is who will be in the top 4 this season, anything else is anyone's guess. I'd want to say we'll win it again, but the competition is big, even bigger than before, it's not just City we have to handle now but Chelsea and United have raised their level as well. We have decided not to spend money for the second time now while our rivals have been strengthening heavily and I'm not sure if that risk (or tactic?) will continue to work.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:03 am

I think top 2 is kinda expected and injuries will determine which of City and us that comes out on top. We did get lucky with that last season.
But I don't like the long term outlook. In relative terms the team is getting old with a lot of key player pushing 30 next season and the team needs to sell those before it's too late
otherwise there will be no money to reinvest.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Penguins » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:03 am wrote:I think top 2 is kinda expected and injuries will determine which of City and us that comes out on top. We did get lucky with that last season.
But I don't like the long term outlook. In relative terms the team is getting old with a lot of key player pushing 30 next season and the team needs to sell those before it's too late

Is that really true though? Alisson, Matip, Lovren, Fabinho, Ketia and Shaqiri all missed chunks of the season and outside of that the likes of Milner, Henderson, Ox, Mane, etc all missed games due to injury.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:25 am wrote:
Penguins » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:03 am wrote:I think top 2 is kinda expected and injuries will determine which of City and us that comes out on top. We did get lucky with that last season.

Is that really true though? Alisson, Matip, Lovren, Fabinho, Ketia and Shaqiri all missed chunks of the season and outside of that the likes of Milner, Henderson, Ox, Mane, etc all missed games due to injury.

Matip, Lovren, Shaqiri were not 1st choice where Lovren and Shaqiri wouldn't play much at all anyway. Keita was always injury prone and dissapointing during his entire tenure that he was a fringe player anyway(that might change now)

Only Alisson and Fabinho were 1st choice players that suffered longer injuries. We had 0 depth on full backs and Robertson and AA were healthy all season. VVD was injury free and our top 3 were injury free as well.
If those key players gets injured it will make a huge difference.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:01 pm

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/09/w ... is-season/

Shocked that the Everton lad penned us to retain it  :laugh: Must of killed him to say it  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion