Why can't we finish among the top 3

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:31 am

based on our last three performances we have played our best football all season. we were required to win all three games against tough opposition and we didn't concede a single goal. so what went wrong the rest of the seaon?
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:33 am

In answer to your topic title, POINTS ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun May 09, 2004 12:34 am

A lot of reasons:

1. Injuries to key players.
2. Drop in form in those players that weren't injured.
3. Bad luck in certain games.

However, by and large most teams experience the above three problems at some stage during a season so I would have to say that Gerrard Houllier is to blame for a lot of the poor results with the players themselves also to blame for simply not playing to the best of their abilities.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stapo1000 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:39 am

so do you think it'll be different next season(if we get 4th) when we sign some quality players and have a bigger, better squadand hopefully sell the biscans and traores of  the side? ???
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:42 am

I have gone into the start of every league campaign since I can remember thinking we were going to win it. We used to regular, but I still am filled with optimism.

I think with one or two additions that the squad is almost there.

1)  Decent centre half
2)  Right sided goalscoring midfielder
3)  Cisse

LET US PRAY
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:47 am

1- wright-phillips
2- mexes
i'd give us a good chance if we get those 2 and are not ravaged by injuries again. owen will miss at least some of the season(he always does) through injury, let's hope it won't be long term.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:52 am

stapo1000 wrote:1- wright-phillips
2- mexes
i'd give us a good chance if we get those 2 and are not ravaged by injuries again. owen will miss at least some of the season(he always does) through injury, let's hope it won't be long term.

Wright Philips is not good enough for Liverpool Football Club end of story. He may have had a good season, but he would not last two minutes in Europe against Maldini, Naybet, Costacurta, Samuel, Thuram etc...

Mexes, I aint seen enough of him to comment, however how many French defenders or defenders who play in the French league have been a success in the Premeirship? I cant think of one, but I stand to be corrected if you ppl can.

Cisse is a must. Mark my words the lad is s##t HOT
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sun May 09, 2004 12:59 am

he may be a class act in france, but gh is heaping pressure on him to perform next season. he could turn out to be the next zidane or the next cheyrou. i think wright phillips is the man.  scores goals, good pace, awareness, skill and knowledge. mexes would be as good a signing as cisse in my opinion. best defender in the french league this season.
those three and we'll be up there i think
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Sun May 09, 2004 1:13 am

stapo1000 wrote:he may be a class act in france, but gh is heaping pressure on him to perform next season. he could turn out to be the next zidane or the next cheyrou. i think wright phillips is the man.  scores goals, good pace, awareness, skill and knowledge. mexes would be as good a signing as cisse in my opinion. best defender in the french league this season.
those three and we'll be up there i think

Well is it not his ability to perform under pressure at some point at least part of why we are willing to pay good money for him (Cisse)?
It aint gonna be plain sailing for him and if he disappears when it gets a little tasty, well........

As for the next ZZ or Cheyrou I'd prefer to see the 1st Djibril Cisse in full flow, coz his is effin fast!!!
daddyo

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 7:56 am

the answer to the question is easy, we are just not good enough.not with this squad. the table never lies.:(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 09, 2004 11:55 am

Mexes, I aint seen enough of him to comment, however how many French defenders or defenders who play in the French league have been a success in the Premeirship? I cant think of one, but I stand to be corrected if you ppl can.

Gallas, Desailly and Silvestre (signed from Internazionale)

Vignal for me has the ability to succeed aswell. So does Traore i think, just not in the old system where we defend deep. He's better higher up the pitch as he doesn't see the game aswell as Sami but his pace and recovery are second to none.
115-1073096938

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:30 pm

We just dont have enough quality in the team to sustian consistent winning form! We often have to rely on Stevie G, to surge forward and pull it out of the bag, whilst When Murphy and Heskey play, its like playing with 9 men.
We should be trying to sign the worlds best players.

wouldnt surprise me if we just signed Cisse this summer, and hoped for the best again next year.
84-1083280474

Postby mrcool2003 » Sun May 09, 2004 7:46 pm

shaun wright philips is a player for the future and i think we've had enough of those to be honest, but he doesnt have the european experience, he played a few matches for man city in europe but not enough in my opinion

and i don't think its a excuse to say its cause of injuries, this is basically teh same team that could of been picked in loads of matches, but houllier decided to stick with ballox like biscan and traore, cheyrou, diouf etc, you can see what we're capable of with the players we had on saturday, if we can add quality to that and stop playing players as i mentioned above, then perhaps we can make a challenge for the title next year, just depends who we buy and how well they adapt

its houllliers last chance, so he knows he has to get it right or hes out in his *****, and heskey doesn't show the form he showed against birmingham, the majority of the time so i think we should still get rid
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 09, 2004 7:50 pm

injuries cannot be used as an excuse because with the exception of the last 3 games, since evryone returned from injury, our results were no better than when everyone was crocked.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kenco » Sun May 09, 2004 7:59 pm

Untill G.H. buys qaulity instead of sh##e we will always be behind the scum and arsenal. dont let a couple of results cloud opinion the man is a total and utter w#nk#r, fourth place is nothing thats for second rate s##t we are liverpool football club for CHRIST SAKE!!!
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion