Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby John Kegs » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:55 am

aCe' wrote:1) alot
2) a whole lot
3) change in rafa mentality

Please set your face on fire
John Kegs

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:36 am

1) Defend from Front .... Attacking football or positive football ( We need Silva than GB )

2) No rotation. Always play the stongest team , only make changes when it's needed.

3) Must win all the home matches , and mentality positive in the away matches.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby babu » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:09 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:1) Cisse to come back

thought so.

:no

:wwww

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:10 am

babu wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:1) Cisse to come back

thought so.

:laugh:

Where you been Babu ?
66-1112520797

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:48 am

only one thing needs to happen for us to be right there at the end, and that is......

Rafa must not rest our best players just before CL games.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muzodziwa » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:41 am

1. Use Pachecho, Nemeth, Ngog, Plessis and Darby in some way during the campaign, effective substitutions in time so that they can make a meaningful contribution ( use the 55-65 min window).

2. Make Anfield a bullet train trackway, if you park a bus we will still zoom through you, thus employing very offensive tactics at Anfield against teams below the 8 th place. Its better to win 5-3 than fight for a clean sheet and then conceede a silly free kick in the 91st minute.

3. Beat Man U in September; this alone can be the morale booster that will spur us to no 19.
muzodziwa

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:48 am

muzodziwa wrote:3. Beat Man U in September; this alone can be the morale booster that will spur us to no 19.

It's a good shout, mate.  I'm not saying that one match is make or break but a win will certainly instill some belief with the lads while a loss might lead to thoughts of "here we go again...".  I think if we can turn the Mancs over that early in the season we'll have torn down a huge psychological barrier. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:20 pm

I like this thread. Many of you are pointing out different points and all of you are right: In order to win the league, it's not as simple as picking the same team every week (or almost) but you have to do a lot of things right.

My 3:

* Being spot on with the guy that plays on the left, either Babel steps up a gear (correct?) or we sign some one
* Being more productive in set pieces, I struggle to remember goals coming from a corner.
* Beside the LW issue, not losing any key member of the squad for more than a month due to injuries.

All of that salted with the concentration that LFC2007 asks.

To be honest it's difficult to select three, to win the regularity tournament you do need to do well almost everything.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:29 pm

Sabre wrote:* Being more productive in set pieces, I struggle to remember goals coming from a corner.

one of my three is related to this subject.

1) stop gerrard taking the corners. for such a quality player he is absolutely rubbish at it and it amazes me that an obsessive perfectionist like bentiez allows it to go on. keep him just outside the box picking up the scraps and its another 8 to 10 goals a season and draws become wins. (possibly...)

2) babel steps up and shows us he's worth his fee and that the flashes we saw last season is what he's capable of on a more consistent basis.

3) take some points off the other 3 members of the 'top 4'

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:40 pm

babu wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:1) Cissebabu  to come back

thought so.

WTF
LiverpoolMadman

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:43 pm

1. Anfield to become the fortress it used to be - have teams beaten before they turn up cuz they know LFC will steamroller them until that final whistle. Its not enuf to play pretty football, pass pass pass and give the ball away in the box - we need to be lightnin quick, be prepared to shoot and be aware we'll sometimes miss. So what, you miss 3 and score 1, if that goal makes the difrence, the missed shots are forgotten. We used to be excitin at Anfield, and as much as I like Rafa, he aint always got that 'entertain' mentality.

2. DO NOT REST TORRES UNLESS HE BEGS FOR IT!!!!

3. Forget Gareth Barry and use that money for David Silva - the guy almost makes love with Torres when they play together for gods sake!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:44 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Call me daft if you like , but I think last season we weren't the "also rans" that many people painted us to be. We only lost four games for christ sake !, one less than the team that won it. If we can impose ourselves on teams that we should be beating out of sight, get the 3 points instead of one, I'm convinced we can win it this season. We've got the personnel, we've had the lesson, hopefully we've now got the bottle to go out and grab the title.

:buttrock

:buttrock Yeh says it all for me - nice one woof !

Key for us this season is maintaining consistency

winning those winable games - (last seasons draws)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:48 pm

Arsenal 2 be :censored:
Man United 2 be :censored:
Chelsea 2 be :censored:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben1988 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:33 pm

Sort out defense at set pieces
Supply Torres with the service he wants
Buy Silva

We dont need barry we need someone to create goals from any situation, not another hard working player who passes the length of the field... we have enough of them already
Ben1988

Postby faldo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:16 pm

1) better team spirit shown to frighten other teams morale.

2) i would like us to be  mentally alert from start to finish in games .  instead of going a goal down before finding urgency.or wating to go 1 goal ahead before we get our confidence.

3)i would like robbie keane to score 20-25 league goals and be the 1st so called boyhood liverpool fan who has come to the club in the last few years to contribute something to liverpool. unlike bellamy kewell and others, who certainly did not look like they loved the club to me.

3.5)to have somebody who actually loves the club like me and would never even consider leaving,playing out their skin and living my dream.
Last edited by faldo on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faldo

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion