We can sign one more player atleast

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Maybe that's it in terms of signing this year

Rafa -

Can fans expect any more signings?

We are working and trying to bring new players in but we are happy with the squad we have at the moment. We were thinking about improving and with Johnson we have improved. Like I have already said, we could buy one more player without selling anyone. We now have to wait.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 pm

If Robben is available for say £20m I would like to see us go for him.
loopyliverpool

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:41 pm

The other day, Tevez's owner, stated that we are talking with Man City, Chelsea, and other other english club.

Could this be us? I know Tevez said that he wouldn't come here because of the fierce rivalry between LFC and Mwanck Utd- but could this be red herring (ie to get things sorted without media attention sticking their ore in it).

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:50 pm

I dont think he said it was another English club, just another club
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:08 pm

SAVIOLA SIGNED BY BENFICA :(     5 million euros deal.

http://www.as.com/futbol....Tes
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:52 pm

:(  yeah fecking gutted about that... Had a feeling though he would choose benfica.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:32 pm

:censored: I thought he was coming here. Nanny wernt you saying just the other day?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Feckingn Rick Parry :angry:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:40 pm

i doubt its anyones :censored: up. We just spent 17mil on a RB so Rafa would have easily been able to fork out 5mil for a striker.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:51 pm

bavlondon wrote: :censored: I thought he was coming here. Nanny wernt you saying just the other day?

I Said about 3 weeks ago could be longer that we had a chat an were interested, guess he chose otherwise, Im not always right you know :laugh:  i was only goin on what a friend in Madrid told me Obviously as Alex said he wanted to start every week, Bav i did say it though before any media :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:55 pm

i was just wondering what happened. Maybe Rafa offered him a :censored: deal. Or maybe he just wanted to be assured of a starting role.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:11 am

don´t worry bav, we got Voronin   :wwww
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:07 am

there's a reason why saviola never fulfilled his pontential... he had plenty of chances at good clubs... not too heartbroken about this... the guy is in decline... like robbie keane...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:17 am

maguskwt wrote:there's a reason why saviola never fulfilled his pontential... he had plenty of chances at good clubs... not too heartbroken about this... the guy is in decline... like robbie keane...

You're probably right. Least we spotted it this time before we spunked a wodge of money on him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:23 am

stmichael wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:If we get Silva, Saviola and a decent replacement for Sami, we will be some team.

Silva is just the type of player we need - he is basically the Aimar of 2009, and will help us no end against the sit-back merchants.

Saviola - he's a lot better than I feel he is getting credit for on here. He hasn't had an easy time of it recently, but when you actually look at the players he is competing with, there's no shame in not being first choice.

As I have said previously - I can only comment on what I have seen of the lad, and when I saw him play for Barca he was easily the man of the match, despite Xavi and Ronaldinho being in the same team and at their peak. He scored 2 goals that day - a couple of headers.

I think he'd be a brilliant second striker for us, particularly if the price was right.

The main question is how would YOU accomodate this "Versatile" striker of yours then without a) Dislodging Riera b) Completely changing the formation and c) Making 1 or more players spend more time than they would like on the bench?

This could be interesting as last time I checked 12 into 11 just does not go. Something has got to give and at this point in time for me that would either be Riera or a change in formation.

I don't think "versatile" was ever part of my write-up about Saviola, but I'd have thought "second striker" made it pretty clear he would be playing when Torres isn't...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion