We beat the chelsea - Good win lads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:58 pm

May I commend the Liverpool lads for tonight's fantastic victory down at Stamford Bridge - we haven't won there for a while.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:28 pm

Does that include Gerard Houllier?

Would be nice to see people praising him again instead of the fickleness thats been going round recently.

Even if it is only till the weekend.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:34 pm

Hiya Stu, watch the turnarounds tonight talking about the "great" performance and heskey being "world class" , some people live game by game and not see the big picture. For the record we did the unthinkable and won at chelsea. yes they had loads of possession but 1 real chance. i thought LFC were magnificant in their approach and GH has to take some credit for that, half a team and a rookie keeper , reminded me very much of the LFC/Man U 1-0's a couple of seasons ago when no one gave us a chance but we dug in defensively and produced the result. 5th now and qwell placed to push on hopefully.

Walk On

:blues:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:34 pm

now we can win the prem
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:35 pm

:p  dareen , behave lad , the long working day has done something to your head LOL:P
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:43 pm

stu_the_red, of course my praise is directed at Houllier as well as the players. 'Give credit where credit is due', as the saying goes.

I hold my hands up and admit that I am not the biggest fan of Houllier, but if he proves me wrong then I shall be glad for it.

2004 has been good so far - long may it continue.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:45 pm

In fact, as well as today's win at Stamford Bridge, I am equally glad about Owen possibly showing signs that he may stay at Anfield despite all the rumours about him leaving us. On this basis, I think it is time to crack open a can of Fosters or three and watch the Premiership with Gaby Logan, ummm nice.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:50 pm

Bring Dalglish back wrote:In fact, as well as today's win at Stamford Bridge, I am equally glad about Owen possibly showing signs that he may stay at Anfield despite all the rumours about him leaving us. On this basis, I think it is time to crack open a can of Fosters or three and watch the Premiership with Gaby Logan, ummm nice.

Didn't even know The Premiership was on tonight - marvellous news!!!!!!!  Had to listen to the match on the radio, quite unremarkable, but so, so glad to hear that final whistle, the last few minutes were tense, sounds like Luzi made a few decent saves!!!! 

Well done Liverpool Football Club!!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:52 pm

well we won and not 4 a long time down there and a muppet scored hes muppetfied still a cr#p player i think it was a case of it just hitting his foot and going in:D
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:53 pm

keeper  was ace who is he.( only joking ):)
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:53 pm

Nowadays, its very rare that you get 9 fixtures all on the same day in the premiership - so guess what ITV's Premiership are doing tonight: they're only showing a mere one hours worth of footage.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:55 pm

I'll bet Manchester United get 30 minutes of that, the shower of sh##e.
jonnymac1979

Postby Gareth G » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:01 am

Well i think we dug deep tonight and kept reasonably cool under pressure. Diouf being sent off was down right rediculous, that really got me going. Tonight's team spirit reminded me slightly off our treble winning season were we would get one goal and sit back on it and defend well. Tonight was the first time i seen Luzi play and i must say he look's pretty good, it's safe to say we have three class goalkeeper's. Well done lad's and i'm hoping this is the start of our turnaround, one player who dissapointed me played well tonight, and i'm talking about Cheyrou, he look's as if he's trying and that's what i want to see, God love's a tryer. There's sign's of us getting passion and desire to play again in my opinion, anyone else think the same?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:06 am

World Class that Kepper Darren :;): He's been with us since 1974 !!!!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby long sleeved joe » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:07 am

finally a result to actually be proud of, similar to the draw against newcastle and just like the away wins during the treble season. It just shows if we can get ourselves back in the champs lge and amongst the big boys we can compete. we deserved a win agains top 3 opposition because previously we played brilliantly against Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea and lost all 3
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion