We beat the chelsea - Good win lads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:10 am

Very good Point there Long Sleeved Joe, at last some sensible comments !! i agree wholeheareadly with the comment about playing well against Chelski, Mancs and a#se at Anfield and getting nothing.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:11 am

we can do it ( o no thats the first line to a liverpool song i think ):)
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby long sleeved joe » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:11 am

cheyrou did look like he was trying, i liked the lunge he made to try and meet Heskeys cross at the near post (prior to the goal), we dont have enough players who make those kinds of runs. Its seems like Houllier has a lot of faith in him so no doubt we will see a more of him- might be interesting
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby Waterloo Red » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:12 am

Homeleighkop, you take the pi*s but the same player that scored the goal made the goal so dont be so ignorant and give credit where credit is due.

Many fans will say it is a one off an maybe it is but being a true red does not mean you have to agree with the masses and slag off what we know isnt good.

This week must be a wakeup call for Houllier. He has acknowledged his signings (recent and maybe others..) have not performed, about time, but tonight one of those poor signings have won the game for Liverpool and the other 10 have ensured the victory. The proof is in the consistency so let it roll and see where we end cause Houllier is our manager till the end of the season, judge him and the players then, not now... Allow the slagging to begin or have you nothing to say, mofo...
Waterloo Red

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:13 am

no no no u only get out of a game what u put in if u dont want to win then u wont and most of the time we dont:angry:
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:23 am

no  sorry i dont want draws i dont want to lose i want liverpool to every game thats the way i am the fact that the mancs r top is killing me ok the fact that we lose to s##t teams . that never happend b 4 gh has sold or given away good players and got muppets so cos that muppet got us the goal then hes a good lfc player boll##ks hes cr#p i could have got that goal and any other player on that pitch. yes we got the points but i want what we had all the points all of the time:angry:
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:49 pm

As well as the other 10 players on the pitch, one of the most notbale performances came from Emile Heskey, who put in a brilliant display yesterday.

I am getting fed up with people putting him down. I really hope he gets called up for the Portugal friendly (our next international match) because, in my opinion he is the kind of TOP CLASS player who can turn games around. Fair enough most of the time he is inconsistent, but he: * played well at Yeovil * and last night at Chelsea. WE MUST ONLY JUDGE A PLAYER ON HIS MOST RECENT PERFORMANCES, ON THIS BASIS HE IS IN-FORM AND WORTHY OF BEING A REGULAR LIVERPOOL STARTER AS WELL AS GETTING AN ENGLAND CALL-UP. Well done Emile - keep it up.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Coley » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:57 pm

here here! :p
Coley

Postby RedSi » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:58 pm

....and again... :D
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:15 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

I knew this would happen.....jesus, some people around here have short memories!

So what, we beat Chelsea away. We hadn't won there in 12 or 13 seasons, and the run was bound to end sometime. Chelsea are going through a bad patch and it was a very good time to play them. Even then we were slightly fortunate in that Mutu hit the bar and Hyppia was lucky to get away with climbing all over the Romanian at the end.

BUT, all credit to Gerard Houllier. He picked the right side, and some of the underfire players: Heskey, Cheyrou and Traore, rose to the challange.

However, does 1 good win make up for losing 4 times at home in the league this year as well as two terrible defeats on our travels?

People forget that last year we beat Man UTD in the League Cup final last year and every one got carried away and said we had turned the corner. Look at what happened then. Why should now be any different.

I have no personal vendetta against Houllier, and I really really hope that I am wrong, but we're going no where and Newcastle will pip us for 4th place.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedSi » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:22 pm

Errrr, if your last post was aimed at myself JBG then can I respectfully suggest that you get a grip......I was merely agreeing that Heskey put on an excellent performance last night and if you care to look at any of my previous posts over the months you will see that I have always expressed my belief in him. I am therefore being entirely consistent and am in no way inferring that we've turned some kind of corner following one game. The contary is in fact the case because again, if you read some of my posts from earlier today you will find that I have expressed the opposite view........:D
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:38 pm

No RedSi, I wasn't directing my comment against you. If I was, I would have addressed you.  :p

I was just directing my comments against all those people who had been slagging off Houllier yesterday afernoon who have now suddenly announced that we have turned the corner because of one very good win.

I respect the fact that you have always supported Heskey: I acknowledge your points about him and I think they are valid. However, my own personal opinion is that Heskey a) doesn't have the temperment to be a top player and b) his shooting skills are not the greatest. I have never called him a donkey (he's not) but he is a very wasteful forward who doesn' maximise his talents.

I ask people to forgive me if they think I am raining on people's parade after last night, but I have seen all of this before over the last 13 years and every season we have a couple of false dawns, so forgive me if I'm now a bit sceptical.

I want Gerrard Houllier to win us the League, its just that I don't think he can.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:42 pm

I'll sum up my feelings on Heskey - a decent striker but not good enough for Liverpool. I wish him well at another club but he isn't good enough or  consistent enough for where Liverpool should be ie top two/three
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:53 pm

No problem JBG, I was more irked at the possibility of being labelled as having got carried away with one scrappy though commendably hard fought victory.... :D
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:58 pm

No probs RedSi.

Just take a look at a few of the threads here where a lot of people have suddenly charged heart on the matter. People are entitled to change their opinions, but changing their tune after one win is a bit fickle.

I want us to keep winning, but I have a nasty feeling we'll be all back here in two weeks grumbling about Houllier again.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion