Will we beat wolves this weekend - Are we good enough to beat them.......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redandblue » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:59 am

Can we do it? Incredibly, we now find ourselves in a situation where none of us can feel really confident of picking up three points against the bottom placed team.

The team has lost confidence and panic seems to have set in. If Wolves get an early goal, as Southampton did, we are in trouble.

GH badly needs the three points. Anything less and he may not be around for the Yeovil match.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Clifty » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:17 pm

Well, redandblue just don't know anymore? Should be an easy 3 points, but Wolves are fighting for their lives and we are, frankly, awful at the moment! I think  GH will be given until the end of the season. But no champions league, no job! Even if we do make Eurpoe's elite, not sure GH will be there? Wolves must be rubbing their hands in delight. Have we ever been so vunerable?
Clifty

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:37 pm

No.  We'll draw or lose.  We wont win.
jonnymac1979

Postby ToTinho » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:53 pm

i think we can win but only if Kewell is back and if GH stops playing with heskey alone in attack ..
ToTinho

Postby redandblue » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:01 pm

If we go behind, we'll panic and probably lose. If we get our noses in front, GH will play tight and defend.

Did you know that we have not overturned a half time league deficit since 1999!! We have been losing at half time on, I think, 47 occasions..........and haven't won one of them. It's a remarkable statistic. Managers are meant to be able to turn things around when Plan A isn't working. But not GH.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:12 pm

We'll probably win but unconvincingly so, our home form is what has let us down very badly this season. If Wolves play well then I think they'll get a draw but I can't see us losing this one, our record against the teams in the lower regions of the Premiership is not too bad. We beat Leeds, Birmingham, Everton, Blackburn, lost to Pompey and drew with Villa and spurs (did I miss any?)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wendi Richter » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:16 pm

Panic is part of it but its also due to the fact we have had such a defensive gameplan up to this year. We havent really had the attacking structure to score multiple goals quickly and come from behind.
I need a leg, I buy a leg. Not a lamp.
Wendi Richter

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:13 pm

GH will aproach this game with the same attitude as against newcastle... play for a draw!! one man up on his own, probably heskey, if we are lucky grab a goal, sit back on it, hope wolves dont score..cos if they do  then start PANICKING!!! thats houiliers game plan, cos we dont have a plan"B" i feel another negative display coming on?  :(

[for gods sake go now MR HOUILIER!!]
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby antz » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:09 pm

I really hope he doesnt go there looking for a draw, i think that is a disgrace for a liverpool manager to go to the worst team in the leauge and not go to win. He should play diouf upfront with heskey and try and see if he will be any use upfront as on the wing he wont even cause over the hill dennis irwin any problems.  We need 3 points if 4th place is gonna happen we have been lucky the clubs around us havent been able to string more than two wins together or our postion would be a lot worse.
antz

Postby RedSi » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:00 pm

redandblue - that stat about not turning round a HT deficit since 1999 is absolutely frightening and just goes to show what a tactically inept t#s#er GH really is.

If Moores does wait 'til the end of the season before getting rid then he will effectively be waiving Mickey O bye-bye, well done.....!!!!  :(
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:51 pm

redandblue wrote:If we go behind, we'll panic and probably lose. If we get our noses in front, GH will play tight and defend.

Did you know that we have not overturned a half time league deficit since 1999!! We have been losing at half time on, I think, 47 occasions..........and haven't won one of them. It's a remarkable statistic. Managers are meant to be able to turn things around when Plan A isn't working. But not GH.

Houllier is tactically inept. Remember when the mancs got that penalty and Hyypia was sent off, what did Houllier do but take off Baros and leave Heskey on. I knew at that moment we would lose. With one up front who'd pick Heskey? Houllier. His substitutions are too often ridiculous with ineffective players being left on. I sometimes wonder if they're not random substitutions and he asks the fourth official to choose a number
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:04 pm

The next 3 weeks are crucial to GH and will probably decide his future.If we fail to win 2 of the 3 league games and blow it at Yeovil then the man is history.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby leothelion » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:37 pm

I ALWAYS WANT LIVERPOOL TO WIN BUT IFYOU YOU THINK LOSING 2 OF OUR NEXT THREE GAMES WILL GET RID OF HIM IM NOT SURE WHAT KIND OF RESULT ILL BE HOPEING FOR :( THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH US LOSING GAMES TO GET RID OF HIM IS THAT WE MIGHT LOSE TO MUCH POINTS FOR A NEW MANAGER TO BE ABLE TO MAKE SOME KIND OF COME BACK
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
"MEMBER OF BEAVIS CREW"
leothelion
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:19 pm

:D  will we beat wolves !!! :D
what a funny post :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby 116-1065305004 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:31 pm

next thing it will be will we beat Blackpool!

Do you think we will beat wolves TJames? :D
116-1065305004

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion