Transfer market 4 nest season - Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ToTinho » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:19 pm

I think LFC have a good chance some v. players for nest season in free transfers such as Mark van bommel and wayne routledge , santiago solari , jermaine pennant , sam kuffour , timo hildbrand . Those r very good players and if we manage to take 2 or 3 of them free they will give us a new dimension . I think we should go for : Van bommel , Routledge and hildbrand .
Any thoughts ?
YNWA
ToTinho

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:43 pm

Any Thoughts ?

Just a couple:

1)  Free transfers is the way to go if your Southampton, not LFC.

2)  Your english is awful.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:44 pm

way too early for serious discussion .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:45 pm

:laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby FrankM » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:50 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Any Thoughts ?

Just a couple:

1)  Free transfers is the way to go if your Southampton, not LFC.

2)  Your english is awful.

I'm sure he meant out of contract players.

By the way Leon how is your Kuwaiti?
FrankM

Postby ToTinho » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:15 pm

leon:

1) sorry for those typing errors

2) dont know if u consider players such as Sol campbell, henrik larson , hasselbaink , kluivert as not good enough for LFC !!!

FrankM thanx 4 that mate
ToTinho

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:24 pm

I thought his english was fairly good. better than a lot on this site (including some of my stuff)

You can still get decent players who are out of contract, even if you don't think they are great they are still better than some of our squad players.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:24 pm

We need wingers, defenders and probably a goalkeeper.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:27 pm

ToTinho wrote:2) dont know if u consider players such as Sol campbell, henrik larson , hasselbaink , kluivert as not good enough for LFC !!!

Are all these player available on a free come the summer ? Larrson has only just joined Barca .  ???   ???   ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:36 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
ToTinho wrote:2) dont know if u consider players such as Sol campbell, henrik larson , hasselbaink , kluivert as not good enough for LFC !!!

Are all these player available on a free come the summer ? Larrson has only just joined Barca .  ???   ???   ???

If i'm not mistaken, didn't Larsson sign another new contract becuase since he damaged his knee, Barcelona wanted to show faith in him so he signed another new contract.  ???
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:38 pm

woof ,
Those players are free transfer players and still i see them as v. good players , dont u think so ??
YNWA
ToTinho

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:39 pm

banana wrote:We need wingers, defenders and probably a goalkeeper.

Leeds today admitted they are powerless to stop teenage goalkeeper Scott Carson leaving for Chelsea or Liverpool.

Discussions were continuing with the Premiership big guns today as the Yorkshire club revealed the 19-year-old has rejected a second contract offer to stay at Elland Road.

Leeds have already rejected an offer from West Brom for the England Under-21 international and also knocked back an initial offer from Liverpool.

But following Carson's second contract rejection they appear to have resigned themselves to losing the talented keeper with negotiations over a possible move to Anfield or Stamford Bridge now under way.

The youngster's current deal is due to expire in the summer and the club want to cash in on him while they can.

With that in mind they have rested him for the last two reserve games to protect him from any potential injury whilst transfer talks are ongoing.

Spokesman Bryan Morris told the club's official website, www.lufc.co.uk: "We are trying to keep Scott at the club.

"We have done everything in our power to keep him but if he wants to go we can't really stop him. We now have to get the best price for Leeds United.

"Chelsea and Liverpool have made contact and discussions are set to continue with them today."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport....urce=PA
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby FrankM » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:43 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

No. They were all out of contract players when they signed for their current clubs.
FrankM

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:44 pm

i advocated signing hasselbaink in the summer. i thought he'd be ideal on a short term contact (2 years).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:44 pm

We no longer need players like Hasselbank and Kluivert, Sol Campbell ? ok :D Larrson ? again with the arrival of Morientes we no longer need to give priority to signing more strikers .
And I'm still not convinced that any of the above will be available on a free come the summer . Surely if a defender of Sol Campbells stature would soon be available for free we would have heard about it ? or have i missed something  ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion