Torres injury - Looks doubtful for everton game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:49 pm

No Mark wrote:What the hell is with the defeatist attitude round here lads ?

We haven't played well as of late and we could point to a number of reasons but this is :censored: ridiculous. Rafa done exceptionally well in the transfer market this year.

£23m for Torres looks an absolute bargain but I bet some of you lot were writing him off before the season had begun!

Babel, although raw and being played out of position, looks like a great prospect and comes with a suitor's saying how good the lad is going to be.

Torres has got injured. Its unlucky.

Every :censored: thing that happens at this football club, people blame Rafa.

Torres is injured  - oh rotation works well doesn't it rafa? why didn't you sign another striker to go with THE :censored: FIVE we already have.

Pako's left - oh look rafa, you've forced pako out and its lowered moral.

No Mars left in the sweet machine - Oh look rafa you fat get, you ate the last :censored: mars.

Some of you lot need to give your head a wobble. The season's young and its our best start under Rafa and still some people moan, moan, moan.

We are very lucky to have Rafa, he has rejected the advances of his hometown and the biggest club in the world twice for us, god forbid he ever sees this forum, some of you are acting like right :censored: lemons.

Every fan has their own individual expectations of where the team should be and what the team should be doing in order to fulfil the expectation.

Some people like you, seem more than satisfied with the season so far. I am indifferent at this current stage and there are those who are frustrated by drawing to a few run of the mill teams and a losing to a lacklustre French side in the Champions League.

Profanities are no way to put your point across either; some might suggest you are indeed the lemon.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
No Mark wrote:What the hell is with the defeatist attitude round here lads ?

We haven't played well as of late and we could point to a number of reasons but this is :censored: ridiculous. Rafa done exceptionally well in the transfer market this year.

£23m for Torres looks an absolute bargain but I bet some of you lot were writing him off before the season had begun!

Babel, although raw and being played out of position, looks like a great prospect and comes with a suitor's saying how good the lad is going to be.

Torres has got injured. Its unlucky.

Every :censored: thing that happens at this football club, people blame Rafa.

Torres is injured  - oh rotation works well doesn't it rafa? why didn't you sign another striker to go with THE :censored: FIVE we already have.

Pako's left - oh look rafa, you've forced pako out and its lowered moral.

No Mars left in the sweet machine - Oh look rafa you fat get, you ate the last :censored: mars.

Some of you lot need to give your head a wobble. The season's young and its our best start under Rafa and still some people moan, moan, moan.

We are very lucky to have Rafa, he has rejected the advances of his hometown and the biggest club in the world twice for us, god forbid he ever sees this forum, some of you are acting like right :censored: lemons.

Every fan has their own individual expectations of where the team should be and what the team should be doing in order to fulfil the expectation.

Some people like you, seem more than satisfied with the season so far. I am indifferent at this current stage and there are those who are frustrated by drawing to a few run of the mill teams and a losing to a lacklustre French side in the Champions League.

Profanities are no way to put your point across either; some might suggest you are indeed the lemon.

Alternatively, it could be viewed that he is instructing the English language to its greatest effect by using those terms deemed "profanities".

Swear words are still viable in conversation, conveying a feeling which is otherwise difficult to suggest with an unnecessarily limited vocabulary.

In many climates today, swearing is not viewed as antisocial. Quite the opposite, infact.

Enter any building site, and you'll be awash with "F*cks" and "B*llocks", etc.

Walk into your local pub or Working Mens' Club - even the old biddies are at it.

Remember that, just because you are unaccustomed to it, that does not mean it's necessarily wrong. There's a whole World out there you've yet to discover, and judging someone purely because of the profanities they use is a little narrow-minded IMHO.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:10 pm

No Mark wrote:No Mars left in the sweet machine - Oh look rafa you fat get, you ate the last :censored: mars.

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:57 pm

If Torres is out.....(and also Kuyt)...then think its time to play babel as a striker.....

A Crouch and babel strike force.... (looks good on paper).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:02 pm

I can see Rafa opting for Crouch and Vorinin personally, he seems to like that pairing as opposed to using Babel (or Gerrard god forbid) as a second striker behind the other.  If kuyt and torres really have picked up what may even be only minor knocks, expect to see Vorinin and Crouch up top against the Blue Shyte!
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:09 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
peewee wrote:ah well all that resting to avoid injury really worked didnt it

What resting are you on about? He has played in all our preseasons except the first, and one against a Chinese team.

In all games since the start of the season he has played every game bar Toulose at home, where he was on the bench. His minimum playing time from the bench has been at least 30 minutes.

Infact considering this league is new to him, especially the physical aspect, it looks as though Rafa hasn't given him a soft introduction.

its sarcasm mate, rafa said he rests players so they are fit at the end ofthe season, the point i am making is there is no point as an injury can happen at any time so may as well play them when they are fit as you sure as hell cant play them when they are injured, no matter how rested they are
112-1077774096

Postby Torres 2007 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:29 pm

Boo Hoo.
Who cares Frankly. we have cover.

Also, Rafa Benitez is always claiming we have two players for every position so Im sure it will not be a problem.

It will be he, who will face the Judges if we fail to land the prem title this season, and not Torres.
Torres 2007

Postby maguskwt » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:27 pm

it's more of the same from some ppl around here... it's getting  :sleep  :sleep

every topic goes back to rotation rotation rotation...

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Alternatively, it could be viewed that he is instructing the English language to its greatest effect by using those terms deemed "profanities".

Swear words are still viable in conversation, conveying a feeling which is otherwise difficult to suggest with an unnecessarily limited vocabulary.

In many climates today, swearing is not viewed as antisocial. Quite the opposite, infact.

Walk into your local pub or Working Mens' Club - even the old biddies are at it.

Remember that, just because you are unaccustomed to it, that does not mean it's necessarily wrong. There's a whole World out there you've yet to discover, and judging someone purely because of the profanities they use is a little narrow-minded IMHO.

I understand what you are saying, but to me if people want to have a serious discussion than using profanities against those who have an alternative viewpoint simply isn't the way to go about having a serious discussion.

I personally dislike using such words, you are rather like Stephen Fry, whom enjoys nothing more than a good old curse now and again and I too have done so before, but it’s not what I want to hear and I have learnt to control my tongue, as it can land one in the most serious of consequences.

I tend to use other words such as ‘Oh sugar’ or ‘Oh crumbs’ instead of using the F word or the C word or any other word I deem to be unnecessary.

I am narrow minded in some instances, you won’t hear me say otherwise, but then is it not narrow minded to use profanities towards a person who has an alternative viewpoint to your own? Just to clarify, I do not judge someone solely on their use of what I deem profanities.

Lastly, does anyone know when Torres will return to action? I gather from what I have read that he’ll miss the Everton game and does anyone know how the injury came about?
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby No Mark » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:38 am

Wilhelmsson wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Alternatively, it could be viewed that he is instructing the English language to its greatest effect by using those terms deemed "profanities".

I understand what you are saying, but to me if people want to have a serious discussion than using profanities against those who have an alternative viewpoint simply isn't the way to go about having a serious discussion.

I personally dislike using such words, you are rather like Stephen Fry, whom enjoys nothing more than a good old curse now and again and I too have done so before, but it’s not what I want to hear and I have learnt to control my tongue, as it can land one in the most serious of consequences.

I tend to use other words such as ‘Oh sugar’ or ‘Oh crumbs’ instead of using the F word or the C word or any other word I deem to be unnecessary.

I am narrow minded in some instances, you won’t hear me say otherwise, but then is it not narrow minded to use profanities towards a person who has an alternative viewpoint to your own? Just to clarify, I do not judge someone solely on their use of what I deem profanities.

Lastly, does anyone know when Torres will return to action? I gather from what I have read that he’ll miss the Everton game and does anyone know how the injury came about?

In all seriousness, do you go the game?
No Mark

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:12 am

No Mark wrote:
Wilhelmsson wrote:

Its spelt "games"
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:17 am

maguskwt wrote:

it's more of the same from some ppl around here... it's getting  :sleep  :sleep

every topic goes back to rotation rotation rotation...

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep

ok lets talk about how good we have been in september, er anything yet, i am trying my best to think of something positive from september.....................................no there is nothing

???

now if the manager chooses to rotate and then make stupid comments about it surely we can discuss it or will we have to clear it with you in the future? the fact is it will be discussed as the fact is it is a problem whether you like it or not
112-1077774096

Postby No Mark » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:20 am

bavlondon wrote:
No Mark wrote:
Wilhelmsson wrote:

Its spelt "games"

Up here its common practice to say:

"you going the game?"

I find it quite sad that in all the posts in all the forums, you have to look round and try, (I SAID TRY) and pull someone up on their punctuation, grammar or spelling. Is you life that sad?
Last edited by No Mark on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
No Mark

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:

Fair enough.

You tend to acclimatise to your environment. If those around you swear a lot - Miners, for instance, then most of the time you will follow suit to "fit in".

As an example, I would be very suprised if you said "Oh crumbs" in a rugby scrum if someone had just kneed you in the face.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:54 pm

peewee wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:

What resting are you on about? He has played in all our preseasons except the first, and one against a Chinese team.

In all games since the start of the season he has played every game bar Toulose at home, where he was on the bench. His minimum playing time from the bench has been at least 30 minutes.

Infact considering this league is new to him, especially the physical aspect, it looks as though Rafa hasn't given him a soft introduction.

its sarcasm mate, rafa said he rests players so they are fit at the end ofthe season, the point i am making is there is no point as an injury can happen at any time so may as well play them when they are fit as you sure as hell cant play them when they are injured, no matter how rested they are

Fair enough if it was an attempt at sarcasm, but it can only be sarcastic if indeed Torres had been rested, the facts would indicate that he hasn't.

Now i know its hard to consider anything Rafa has to say regarding rotation when you've lost all faith in him, but one thing thats true is some rotation and rest will result in  fewer injuries.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion