Cisse's Injury Explained - His injury in detail - well kinda...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby XSD » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:24 am

This picture was on a thread at the time. It's a double comminuted fracture I think, so pretty bad.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:25 am

We just paid 14m for Cisse. Morientes is 5-6m and a lot older. What a silly suggestion, I would never make that swap.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:30 am

I think Cisse was or maybe can be a better player than both Morientes and Anelka. A lot of people seem disappointed in him but i watched every game he played in and i was very impressed! His work rate is awesome for a start, and he showed plenty of signs hes got quality skills and a good brain.

Hopefully he can recover properly from his injury and prove all his doubters wrong.
Last edited by Gareth G on Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:42 am

Red_Si wrote:Maybe we can swop Cisse for Morientes - and screw them over for a change.

Don't say that
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:29 am

very good post, chiggz :)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:11 am

Kop-1892, Cisse only overwhelming skill is his speed, but there is little else. He can't seem to turn his markers in close quarters like Del Piero, Ronaldo, Rolandinho etc. can and he does not possess the strength of Vieri or Vidula that he can be knocked off easily. He also lack a natural goal instinct like Owen or Schevchenko. He is not suited to the EPL - too light weight, not enough close control ball skills. He may well excell in a mickey mouse league like the French League but in the physical world of the EPL, he is out of his depth. Judging by his strenghts, he won't cut it in the Italian league either.

Whoever assessed him and recommended him to Houllier for that ludicrous transfer sum must be blind and ignorant to think that he can cut it in the EPL.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:16 am

although i think you are being a bit harsh azriahmad, poor old Cisse may never get the chance to prove you wrong as even if he does recover will he ever be the same again, cos as you say his main attribute, pace, may be hampered for the rest of his career, and does he have enough quality in other areas of his game to make up for this? perhaps not
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:28 am

i believe yes, but only time will tell to see if people of this forum are right a season is a long time. I think he will heal and be ready to knock a few in at the start of the season next year
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:41 am

LFC#1, I admit to being a bit harsh on Cisse, especially as he is down and out.

Why the hell did Moores and Parry (they are the one who run this club, Houllier only on the playing side) agree to back the then manager buy so many spurious and unused players and yet still find the time and place to back him on this Cisse purchase at such a ludicrous price?

Because of his ludicrous price and the fact that he scored plentiful for Auxerre in his last season, so many of us were led to believe that he is the club's fortune saviour and will deliver a bucketful of goals. Look at the kind of goals he scored for Auxerre and look at the way we play, even under Houller. Cisse neesd the bell to be delivered to him in the box, Houllier's system was punt the ball for the striker to chase. He was never going to score a lot of goals like this and he cost a bomb!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion