Torres injury - Looks doubtful for everton game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:20 am

kuyt and voronin upfront and lets hope for the best
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:23 am

if we are to challenge for the league we cant keep depending on a couple of attacking "options " (gerrard n torres) anyway ...........
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:23 am

we can even revert back to 4-5-1 like last season
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:25 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Forever_Red wrote:
ah well all that resting to avoid injury really worked didnt it

Exactly

Spot on!

It's things like this that make a total mockery of the rotation policy and puts its flaws squarely in the limelight.
No doubt Rafa will say that we have other strikers who are fit and rested from being rotated, but are they match sharp?

Answer us that Rafa?  :p

fu.ck rotation ........  :devil:
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:35 am

I think it's absoulute BOLLOX that you think that Evertons only tactic will be to kick us off the park.. 

Yes it will be competitive, and if their players get stuck in and our's don't then I think we need to point the finger ath the boys in red not the boys in blue!!

But Everton this season have a decent first 11, where they will suffer is they have no depth of squad at all..  This will not be an easy game, and not because of the physical nature.. 

We need to put our best 11 out for this one, hopefully Torres will be fit, but if not I would go with Kuyt and Crouch up front.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby EddieC » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:28 am

Surprised no-one's mentioned the possibility of Babel up front.

With Torres out we could do with someone to add a bit of pace & flair to our front line, and for me Babel would be the ideal choice. Fingers crossed Kewell might even be back for this game (though I'm not holding my breath), if so we could play Kewell on the left & Babel up front with either Kuyt or Voronin.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:35 am

id play Babel & Kuyt upfront theVye always had a good understandin wheneVer theVye played in the same team
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:18 pm

I think if we dont see Crouch start then there is definatley some bad vibes around.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby No Mark » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Smeg wrote:Its ok because we signed two strikers like we needed to...

Remember Torres and er...

Oh :censored: yeah, we didn't. We signed one first team quality striker. So thats more of the same for the Derby then with Kuyt and Crouch upfront. Great, lets all expect another "last season" performance then.

:no

What the hell is with the defeatist attitude round here lads ?

We haven't played well as of late and we could point to a number of reasons but this is :censored: ridiculous. Rafa done exceptionally well in the transfer market this year.

£23m for Torres looks an absolute bargain but I bet some of you lot were writing him off before the season had begun!

Babel, although raw and being played out of position, looks like a great prospect and comes with a suitor's saying how good the lad is going to be.

Torres has got injured. Its unlucky.

Every :censored: thing that happens at this football club, people blame Rafa.

Torres is injured  - oh rotation works well doesn't it rafa? why didn't you sign another striker to go with THE :censored: FIVE we already have.

Pako's left - oh look rafa, you've forced pako out and its lowered moral.

No Mars left in the sweet machine - Oh look rafa you fat get, you ate the last :censored: mars.

Some of you lot need to give your head a wobble. The season's young and its our best start under Rafa and still some people moan, moan, moan.

We are very lucky to have Rafa, he has rejected the advances of his hometown and the biggest club in the world twice for us, god forbid he ever sees this forum, some of you are acting like right :censored: lemons.
No Mark

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:47 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think if we dont see Crouch start then there is definatley some bad vibes around.

Or it could be as simple as he is not up to scratch during training.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:50 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Answer us that Rafa?  :p

It's an injury beyond our control, he was playing for the national team.

Rotation doesn't promise to prevent injuries, especially ones that occur outside of your sphere of influence.
LFC2007

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:05 pm

peewee wrote:ah well all that resting to avoid injury really worked didnt it

What resting are you on about? He has played in all our preseasons except the first, and one against a Chinese team.

In all games since the start of the season he has played every game bar Toulose at home, where he was on the bench. His minimum playing time from the bench has been at least 30 minutes.

Infact considering this league is new to him, especially the physical aspect, it looks as though Rafa hasn't given him a soft introduction.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:27 pm

Was thinking the same thing red. 6 Starts - 2 Subs In the league out of 8 played, with 4 goals scored. 3 goals in the CC. Is hardly a player who has been used economically.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:37 pm

No Mark wrote:
Smeg wrote:Its ok because we signed two strikers like we needed to...

Remember Torres and er...

Oh :censored: yeah, we didn't. We signed one first team quality striker. So thats more of the same for the Derby then with Kuyt and Crouch upfront. Great, lets all expect another "last season" performance then.

:no

What the hell is with the defeatist attitude round here lads ?

We haven't played well as of late and we could point to a number of reasons but this is :censored: ridiculous. Rafa done exceptionally well in the transfer market this year.

£23m for Torres looks an absolute bargain but I bet some of you lot were writing him off before the season had begun!

Babel, although raw and being played out of position, looks like a great prospect and comes with a suitor's saying how good the lad is going to be.

Torres has got injured. Its unlucky.

Every :censored: thing that happens at this football club, people blame Rafa.

Torres is injured  - oh rotation works well doesn't it rafa? why didn't you sign another striker to go with THE :censored: FIVE we already have.

Pako's left - oh look rafa, you've forced pako out and its lowered moral.

No Mars left in the sweet machine - Oh look rafa you fat get, you ate the last :censored: mars.

Some of you lot need to give your head a wobble. The season's young and its our best start under Rafa and still some people moan, moan, moan.

We are very lucky to have Rafa, he has rejected the advances of his hometown and the biggest club in the world twice for us, god forbid he ever sees this forum, some of you are acting like right :censored: lemons.

Very true lad.

Nice to see some sense being spoken in a mire of bull sh*t.

So Torres tearing a muscle whilst training with the Spanish national team proves that rotation doesn't work? He was hundreds of miles away, but Rafa managed to stick a foot out and trip up his record signing, I suppose?

Or could it be that it's just one of those things that all footballers get, and nothing whatsoever to do with rotation?

My vote's with the latter, but the amount of tripe written on here is baffling at times. :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:41 pm

peewee wrote:ah well all that resting to avoid injury really worked didnt it

In Rafa’s defence, injuries on International duty cannot be helped. I’m confident the team are still capable of winning the derby with or without, Fernando Torres.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion