Cisse's Injury Explained - His injury in detail - well kinda...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:32 am

The middle diagram in this picture is his condition

Wish you a speedy recovery Cisse  :(

Theres this one picture of him that I have that you can see his actual leg bent but I can't seem to put it up.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:37 am

Was his fracture comminuted or compound?

The compound looks bad but generally they are clean breaks and can heal well. The comminuted break looks extremely nasty.

Good post Chiggz.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:19 am

I think its comminuted.  Which i agree looks extremely nasty :(
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby azriahmad » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:30 am

It was reported as a comminuted fracture but the way one of the bones was pictured as jutting out from his leg (or I am mistaken) seems like a compound, but not both of the bones are broken so it is not a compound fracture.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:33 am

There is a big picture of Cisse's leg bent all out of shape in this months FourFourTwo magazine.
jonnymac1979

Postby Gareth G » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:15 pm

Cisse's leg break was a comminuted fracture, it appeared to be a compound fracture because his leg bending give the illusion that the bone had broken through the skin.

Im just praying he heals properly, its going to be tough for him and he will need our support. I hope he has been doing plenty of toe wiggling to get a good blood flow down through the leg lol.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:17 pm

has anyone here ever had one of these? it must hurt like hell!! how long before you healed?

just trying to imagine what it feels like for cisse...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:27 pm

i was reading how the drs had to push the bones back in on the way to the hospital or cisse might have lost his leg, ow thats scary.
from what ive heard tho hes dealing with it very well. The actual recovery shouldnt be the biggest hurdle, its the mental block that cisse will need to overcome thats going to be the real challenge. im sure he knows that the thoughts of every liverpool fan is with him throughout this
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:37 pm

Excellent post, I think it was a comminuted fracture that Cissé had. Looks extremley nasty and sore but is better than having a compound fracture. The brightside is both Jamie C and Milan B came back from broken legs and are playing the best football of their Liverpool careers
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:27 pm

simic_ie wrote:The brightside is both Jamie C and Milan B came back from broken legs and are playing the best football of their Liverpool careers

If Cisse returns and does the same we may want to include broken legs in our training programme .
:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Red_Si » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:09 pm

Maybe we can swop Cisse for Morientes - and screw them over for a change.
Red_Si

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:10 pm

we cant get rid of cisse, thats possibly one of the most cold hearted things ive ever heard!!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:14 pm

Red_Si wrote:Maybe we can swop Cisse for Morientes - and screw them over for a change.

I sense a disappointment with Cisse here .  :D

Feel the same , but lets give the fella time to recover and prove himself. Maybe I'm being over optomistic but surely some of the "hype" surrounding his ability has to be true ?

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
simic_ie wrote:The brightside is both Jamie C and Milan B came back from broken legs and are playing the best football of their Liverpool careers

If Cisse returns and does the same we may want to include broken legs in our training programme .
:D

in that case we should have broke every bone in emile heskey's large frame, to get ANYTHING out of him   :D
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:23 pm

even if that didnt work, we wouldnt have had to play him then.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion