Top 10 strikers for sale

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Sun May 20, 2007 7:50 pm

Can't see us going after villa, Eto'o or Torres with the fees rumored to be between 25-40 million.
And for me Torres shouldn't be high on the radar since he is actually not great goal scorers at all.
In fact Torres is almost as bad converting chances as Cissé.
Terrible compusure when given a chance.

41 goals in his last 105 games in spain. And then the question if he could adapt since he isn't physical at all.

Villa had one good season last year, but that's it. he's better than Torres but more of a secondary striker who gets assists as well as goals.

53 goals in 97 games is better but it's Mori that is the Poacher in valencia and we've already tried him..
So quite a risk paying 30-40 million if Villa does Mori when he arrives..

Eto'o got 60 goals in his last 85 league games so he is more of a poacher. He will score goals, but dunno much about his attitude and his understanding of rotation...

Hunteelar is promising but still you just can't compare the dutch league with the PL. Kuyt shows that even if he has scored a few it's not close to what he did in Feyernoord.
And 18 million is a hefty price.

Afonso Alves would be a better choice since he scored more for hereenven that huntelaar did when playing there and would cost maybe half.

He got 34 goals in 31 games!!!
Huntelaar got 17 in 31 games.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kingred » Sun May 20, 2007 7:59 pm

if eto comes up for sale chelsea will buy him so the rest cant get real
kingred

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 20, 2007 8:04 pm

kingred wrote:he never wanted to sign for newcastle we couldnt compete with what they offerd thats why he put that clause in his contract i hate him for what he did but for nine mil id have him back tomorrow as long as he takes a drop in wages and fights for his place in the team but he knows where the goal is and he needs to prove a point to the fans he left behind he knows he made a mistake but bring him back no good dwelling on the past whats done is done fully fit the best striker in the prem we all no thats true

we probably could have competed with newcastle if we really wanted owen back but the board knew they would make absolute idiots of themselves and this club if we sold a player for 8m and then bought him back a year later for 18m.
rafa told owen not to sign for newcastle, just because they offered the most money doesnt mean the player has to go there, and rafa told owen to say to madrid he wants to sign for liverpool.
2 things could have happened, madrid would have said okay, we only have you as a squad player, go to liverpool - or scenario 2 - madrid could have got a cob on with michael and said come back and sit on the bench all year.
rafa knew football is a business and madrid would have sold owen to us rather than pay someone massive wages to sit on the bench all season out of spite, especially considering they were selling him for the same money they bought him so they wouldnt have really lost out, but owen wouldnt chance that because sven had said if he doesnt play week in week out he wasnt sure of his international place.
in other words when push came to shove he was more @rsed about england than liverpool.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby kingred » Sun May 20, 2007 8:13 pm

id still take that gamble for 9 mil
kingred

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:31 pm

we should by Billy Sharp from Scunthorpe Utd for 3m, he is 21.
he was their Top Scorers this year with 30 lg.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun May 20, 2007 11:38 pm

have got to say honestly, although i rate villa and torres....they dont have a great strike rate in la liga let alone the premiership....what is it 12 and 13? and the money that will be needed to get them im not sure that is the best way to go....for that amount of money eto'o would be more worth it out of the three..

there aren't many predatory strikers out there to choose from, we have to make sure the next striker we get is one that can convert chances regularly. hope rafa can do us proud in that department.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafael Benítez » Mon May 21, 2007 12:02 am

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar would be a fantastic signing. He's a great age and could mature nicely with this team. I believe he would be more suited than some of the other suggestions but so many teams in for so many good players at the moment.

I don't understand why people believe Owen is the answer. Heart ruling the head i suppose. Owen is injury prone and way past his best. Why would a player with huge ambitions return from Real Madrid and sign for Newcastle. That told you alot about his mentality then. Some people will say well he wanted to get into the shop window. Rubbish. why were there no takers anywhere else in Europe never mind the premiership. Forget about Owen. If we do sign him its a step in the wrong direction. If LFC want to succeed in the premiership bringing back players of average ability is a step backwards. Great players never come back great, there only good players who were great.
Rafael Benítez

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 21, 2007 12:04 am

not many people mentioning jermaine defoe. apparently hes on his way out and altho manure are after him i think we could play to his stregths, he could do what he does best and just poach and score
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby radun5 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:41 am

Rafael Benítez wrote:I don't understand why people believe Owen is the answer. Heart ruling the head i suppose. Owen is injury prone and way past his best. Why would a player with huge ambitions return from Real Madrid and sign for Newcastle. That told you alot about his mentality then. Some people will say well he wanted to get into the shop window. Rubbish. why were there no takers anywhere else in Europe never mind the premiership. Forget about Owen. If we do sign him its a step in the wrong direction. If LFC want to succeed in the premiership bringing back players of average ability is a step backwards. Great players never come back great, there only good players who were great.

Whether people around here are fans of Michael Owen or not, I do think that you are the only one who characterize him as "average".  The only doubts one can have is whether he recovered after his injuries and is still as fit, or whether his attitude is the right one for our club. No one, except you that is, is questioning his FOOTBALLING abilities. Check the goal ratio even for Newcastle and stop spreading bulsh*t on this forum.

I can only hope you are not the REAL Rafa Benitez   :D
radun5

Postby FRfanatic » Mon May 21, 2007 8:04 am

Newspapers mentioning Huntelaar will be going to Juventus
FRfanatic

Postby Thingy » Mon May 21, 2007 1:12 pm

It looks likely Owen will go to the scum, and Tevezs Price is being reported as up to 40m  :down:
Thingy

Postby grayghost » Mon May 21, 2007 1:45 pm

Ther is no way anyone will pay 40mil for Tevez the guy is good but he is not in the Zizuo class yet No 25 mil and not a penny more.
grayghost

Postby LFC2007 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:31 pm

£15 mil. for Tevez would be great value.
LFC2007

Postby Barca Murph » Mon May 21, 2007 8:19 pm

Sabre wrote:I'll have a look at his stats in Spain but I remember they were awesome, the minutes/goals ratio he had was the best of the squad. He was better than Ronaldo (Brazilian) and Raul.

If i remember rightly he had the best minutes/goals ratio in La Liga, not just of his squad.
Barca Murph

Postby spion » Mon May 21, 2007 8:34 pm

Torres, if he leaves Madrid will cost £23 million. That is his getout clause & it has been widely reported so where you get £35 million I dont know. There seems to be a feeling in Spain that Torres will go & he seems to favour Liverpool. But will Benitez splash that sort of money on a striker who has yet to score any more that 18 goals in a league season. Rafa seems to be distancing himself from Teves because the price is too much so the Torres story seems less likely. I feel that someone like Torres will only join Liverpool if Hicks & Gillette give Benitez a open transfer fund or if they want to make a declaration to the other teams in europe. Personally I'd like to see Villa from Valencia because he's like nothing the reds have currently & he seems to have the winning mentality that Benitez desires in his players. Something that Torres seems to lack or at least thats what the Spanish press talk about.
spion

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion