Today is . . . . .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:30 pm

. . . . . halftime at the Ataturk Stadium.

Support and beleive.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:31 pm

We've not got much choice have we?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:46 pm

I could say........ get your head out of your ar$e lad, then you might be able to smell the coffee Leon, or something equally witty (sarcasm). But of course I would never say that.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:57 pm

s@int wrote:I could say........ get your head out of your ar$e lad, then you might be able to smell the coffee Leon, or something equally witty (sarcasm). But of course I would never say that.

You could.

You could also moan, be pessimistic, whinge and look at everything through black black black glasses, but you would never do something like that.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:I could say........ get your head out of your ar$e lad, then you might be able to smell the coffee Leon, or something equally witty (sarcasm). But of course I would never say that.

You could.

You could also moan, be pessimistic, whinge and look at everything through black black black glasses, but you would never do something like that.

I only wear the dark dark glasses to avoid being blinded by the bright light that you seem to think shines from Rafa's ar$e

Anyway you can delete both my posts in here mate, I don't want to spoil your thread.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 pm

s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

You could.

I only wear the dark dark glasses to avoid being blinded by the bright light that you seem to think shines from Rafa's ar$e

Anyway you can delete both my posts in here mate, I don't want to spoil your thread.

Whatever.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:56 pm

Leon, whilst I admire your belief, you have to recognise that our performance since the turn of the year has been dire and well below the ability of the players - thats what is so disappointing about the recent string of draws - underperforming.

Its got nowt to do with faith, many of the folks have been LFC supporters for 40+ years.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:57 pm

I would like to agree.. in fact we are in a better position now that we where on that fateful day when we acheived no 5.

However, if Benitez carries on making rediculour substitutions when we are in front and really looking in good shape, we may as well give up now. 

I can understand taking Torres off as he is not long back from injury, but Yossi was our most attacking player on the pitch last night and everytime he got the ball he panicked their defence.  Taking him off was a disgrace.

and Gerrard.  Please, there is nobody on the planet who can give a credible answer as why he took him off.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Reg wrote:Leon, whilst I admire your belief, you have to recognise that our performance since the turn of the year has been dire and well below the ability of the players - thats what is so disappointing about the recent string of draws - underperforming.

Its got nowt to do with faith, many of the folks have been LFC supporters for 40+ years.

Yes its the lack of spirit, fight and determination thats getting people down if we are not going to win the thing atleast put in some effort and go down fighting we are not doing that.

what happened to attack, attack, attack? all we see is pass it back, back, back in the opposit direction of where goals should be scored its depressing we are so predictable its unreal.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:02 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:. . . . . halftime at the Ataturk Stadium.

Support and beleive.

Big difference is that required 45 mins football*, that I reckon we might repeat. A miracle over 30 x 45 mins football is a much tougher ask.

*less than that in terms of how long it took for us to claw it back, but to end 3-3 we had to score three in the second half (without conceding or it would be 3 + however many)

I honestly wish I could "believe", however I watch us play and Rafa :censored: up bigtime in tactics, systems, selections and substitutions and it's hard to have faith because no matter what else changes, the chances HE WILL are remote.
Last edited by Owzat on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:36 pm

The only way we could win it now is if we win every game and hope Utd slip up at least twice. In reality both those situations are about as likley to happen as Babel playing well 2 games in a row or Dossena making a good tackle.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Does it matter about the in and outs of all that is to come? All he was trying to say was support and believe. If you cannot believe, pretend to, in order to give support to Your club which, at the moment, is in much need of it.

If we win on Sunday and united lose we are right back in it, not that we are not at the moment, and everyone will be talking about pushing for the league and dreaming seeing Fergie eating Rafas :censored: off a poster of Ronaldos face and laughing and pointing at him. 

Once we are out of all cups and 10 points off the top we can dicuss sacking Rafa etc but for now back the manager back the team becasue if you dont and we win the treble your gonna feel bad that you let your club down when they most needed you. in our bliiiiiiip.

I dont wana be the guy who pisses people off when they wana have a moan, and I fear I am, but come on lads. We are still in with a better shout than, well, for a long long time, and if at the begining of the season someone said that by Feb we were in with a shout of the league, still in the FA cup and Champs league who here wouldnt of been happy. I for one would have been elated.

Yes things could be better than they are currently, we have squandered the chance to be out on our own, but if you thought winning our 19th title would be easy then you have been naive. Its taken years, its wasn't going to come to us without and drama was it. Enjoy the drama with the belief that we will come good and fight to the end.

Our form is depressing me as much as anyone and I cannot believe some of the decisions that have been made recently but we are Liverpool fans, we back our team through thick and thin....... wind and rain.

When you walk through a storm
hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.
:buttrock  :D
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Come on people, we got them right where we want them. they are playing right into our plan.

We need to wake up, and win some games... come on redmen!!!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:48 pm

most of us were saying the same thing 9 days ago..

since then we've drawn the last 3 games.  :Oo:

thats why more people are going down the pessimistic route. Draws against Hull, Arsenal and Stoke, made everyone annoyed (mostly with the way subsitutions etc were handled) - but the optomistics were saying, dont worry it'll come good - we'll batter them bitters... have faith... 3 draws later and suddenly people are claiming false optomism.

we HAVE to win the next couple of games to stay in it like we HAD to score first in the 2nd half against AC Milan.

if we dont win the next 2, we could fall anywhere from 7 to 11 points behind utd (assuming they win their game in had against Fulham) - which win be like going 4-0 down against Milan. ANd then the fat lady starts singing
Last edited by Redman in wales on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:We need to wake up, and win some games

Yeah for real... feckin been a while since
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion