they are thinking to much about if i do this what will happen
that is what is happening to us
we are playing a great game so far with like 90% of possesion
of the ball
they are all playing with heart
and i think trore should stay in a good part of the time as a defender
so im gunning for a win and i think we will
and for the rest of the season
rb just needs to give them a good talk to pump them up and give them confidence that is what they are looking for
and once they get this then they will do superb
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:17 pm

then again we only played Charlton :p  , but in all seriousness i thought everyone played very well great passing and i felt that baros and cisse actually started to play well together.  All in all it was a good game
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:22 pm

Well done lads should have been 5-6 nil but ill settle for 2-0 and the 3 points.
Our game tonight the passing and movement, you can see that come next season we are going to be a force once again well done Raffa for turning our team around. I think charlton were gobsmacked as 90% of our play was suberb.
Tuesday next game play pongolle, warnock, biscan etc. Cant afford to play Alonso and garcia against Millwall they will be kicked to sh.ite.

Well done lads  :love:  :;): Im gona get p.issed now :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:25 pm

Good game. Good win. But in all fainess Charlton looked like a nationwide team. They must surely be a relegation favourite after their horrible performances so far this season. Too bad we did not score more goals today, we could have had 5 or 6.

Kirkland 6 Nothing to do. Rescued by the ref on one occasion.

Finnan 7 (Can he hang on to RB when Josemi returns?)
Hyypia 5 (Really poor passing.)
Carragher 7
Traore 8 (sensational tackling)

Riise 6 Good goal.
Hamann 6
Alonso 7
Garcia 8 (Always on the run. Great goal)

Baros 6+
Cisse 6+
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:39 pm

Good win, but still concerns re forwards (sorry StMichael but you have it round yer ar*e). Cisse drifts to the right when going get tough and then when 2 goals up comes back into the centre.

Poor corners and throw ins considering the possession we struggled to score and against better opposition it will tell.

Not wanting to detract the defence and mid field played well (think Riise is out of position...yeh yeh I know he scored fellas but he didn't look comfortable).

Considering the amount of possession attack is still a problem when we have a £14m who sits on his ****** in the centre spot.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:47 pm

kindaconfused wrote:Good win, but still concerns re forwards (sorry StMichael but you have it round yer ar*e). Cisse drifts to the right when going get tough and then when 2 goals up comes back into the centre.

Poor corners and throw ins considering the possession we struggled to score and against better opposition it will tell.

Not wanting to detract the defence and mid field played well (think Riise is out of position...yeh yeh I know he scored fellas but he didn't look comfortable).

Considering the amount of possession attack is still a problem when we have a £14m who sits on his ****** in the centre spot.

i disagree with that if you saw with the crosses that when he did drift to the right someone was there  and no one was there on the other side
today i think he played well and he made some great plays
that one try he had if he didnt slip cisse might of had the goal of the season
riise played well
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:54 pm

Cisse made some excellent runs, I don't know what game you all watched but he tried to link up with Baros however Baros had his head in the gutter. Baros played very well in the past two games however today he was disapointing. He had chances and when Cisse passed him the ball all he had to do was pass the ball back to Cisse because Cisse was the only one in the box and could had scored. Baros instead shot the ball over the goal.

I can not blame Baros for wanting to score goals and prove himself but sometimes he has to realize that he needs to pass the ball. Cisse today got his team-mates involved in the game though at times when he crossed the ball there was nobody in the box.

Hyypia was disapointing at times, he needs to pass the arm band to Carragher because Carragher deserves to be captain.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:27 pm

again we lacked bite up front ...we need a poacher.
toady for most part we played well but still found it hard to put the ball in the net
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:36 pm

Well Rafa wants his midfield to score more than the forwards at times. And that happened today.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:46 pm

We lacked bite up front because our strikers have failed to even do the simplest thing and work together.

I agree that Baros should have squared to Cisse, who was in a better position, instead of trying on his own and let the opportunity slip when the goal was there for the taking. Cisse was incensed with him. Strikers need to be selfish but then, both of them are overly selfish with each other and Cisse, for such an expensive buy, has to be more clinical.

Baros was ever eilling to drop back and get balls early and try to make chances or take on defenders. Cisse was unwilling to do this at all and would bollock his partner off when he does not get the passes. His work rate improved a bit in the second half, but still not good enough. From what I have seen so far, his main usable asset has been only his pace as he does not like to put in some more extra work unlike Baros. It seems that he wants to be on the end of passes in the penalty area but does not want to dig in. If he keeps this up, we will not get much return from him - we don't have enough quality on the flanks to give him gilt-edged crosses from which he scores some of his goals for Auxerre.

I think the solution is we need a more powerful striker who can play with either Baros or Cisse, and not playing them together. It has to be one or the other and not both, but for me, for all of his failings, Baros would be my pick out of the two because he is willing to work that much more, whereas Cisse expects sterling service but does not do much work and is so easily dispossessed and is not remotely clinical enough. These shortcomings are too woeful for a 14 million player.

I know many here would disagree with me but I think of the 2, Cisse is the one who has to improve on his attitude and work rate.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:13 am

fair assessment azraihmad...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:16 am

3 points is always importnat at home, the finishing needs to be worked on, as we need to take our chances against the better sides, but still happy with the 3 points capping off a pretty good wekk with 2 wins in the PL and a draw in the CL.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:34 am

Very similar to the Deportivo game if you ask me - played well, showed a level of determination not seen for years, some of the new players (Garcia in particular tonight) were outstanding, but no cutting edge up front. This is where Rafa earns his crust - either he gets Baros & Cisse playing together or he buys Morientes - hopefully he will manage both
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:09 am

A decent performance albeit against a team lacking in confidence on their travels.

Best players were Garcia, Alonso (again)  and surprisingly Traore.

I agree with some on here that Cisse and Baros lack understanding and a willingness to pass to each other which is surprising considering they are team mates !! From where I'm seeing the play, both seem to be a little too preoccupied on thier own individual performances and either put their head down and run (Baros) or shoot on sight (Cisse). Time will sort it out but they need to understand this is a TEAM game and not a platform to elevate their own personal status. Maybe Baros has one eye on Barcalona and doesn't see the great positions of other players around him ???

Nevertheless, an entertaining performance and another 3pts in the bag. :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:58 am

kindaconfused wrote:... Cisse drifts to the right when going get tough and then when 2 goals up comes back into the centre.

Think you are confused. Rafa switch Cisse and played Alonso behind Baros...as a result, Cisse has his best period in this game and Alonso weaving his magic and scored. Only when Baros was substituted did Cisse revert to centre striker role. Baros was full of running and should have scored 2 or 3 in the 1st half alone but his work rate is top class. Cisse need to show a bit more commitment. Good game and 2-0 flatter Charlton.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion