The match today - And what i think about it

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:39 am

If thinks do not go well with Baros and Cisse, Rafa will find another way. Like I've said Rafa wants his midfield to score a lot this season. He has got that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:01 am

Thats why i like baros.

Yesterday was not his day, but he still worked his a$$ off & created some chances (dribble past 2 charlton defenders & pass to finnan).

He also chased after every ball. This unsettled the charlton defence & they couldn't even string a few passes when they had possestion. Although i admit, he could have passed to cisse more (esp, when he decided to shoot from an acute angle instead of passing to cisse who would have had an open goal)

I like it better with cisse on the right with garcia & baros playing up-front. We won against fulham & charlton playing this way in the 2nd half.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:36 am

The Canadian Red Army

Can you explain yer post to me again. I think yer saying the crosses where good.

I saw more poor than good crosses but did see Cisse chase down the right wing and I thought it was going out but it was crossed in the end to the centre which was worls class but this was rather infrequent.

By all means tell me I'm wrong cos if you call it a different way and your right I will be only too pleased to accept it.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:38 am

A.B

Not sure where you are driving with the captaincy issue due you think it will change how the team will play?
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:41 am

azriahmad

The need for a proven striker up front has been raised on numerous posts so watch out (hopefully) this January.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:43 am

Santa

Was he not on the right then and where was he in the first half? How did you pick up he was asked go out on the right. Didnt he also spend a good deal of the first half on the right?
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:50 am

kindaconfused wrote:The Canadian Red Army

Can you explain yer post to me again. I think yer saying the crosses where good.

I saw more poor than good crosses but did see Cisse chase down the right wing and I thought it was going out but it was crossed in the end to the centre which was worls class but this was rather infrequent.

By all means tell me I'm wrong cos if you call it a different way and your right I will be only too pleased to accept it.

cisse did make good crosses
but where was baros he wasnt even in the box
he wasnt even in the picture
i say baros needs to improve
cisse did come back and help
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:13 am

The Canadian Red Army

Agreed, interesting to note most good crosses where low. Yet to see who is delivering good high balls except Alonso.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:07 am

Who would be our most potent header for a high cross then? I believe that for the time being most crosses should stay low...but then again varying things up is good.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:15 am

We havent lost since april at home and considering Stevie was sat in the stands, it was a big turn around to our last charlton game and a few others for that matter, when we couldnt beat the likes of charlton, our home record is second to arsenal now so thats got to be a good achievement keep the gates bolted at fortress anfield.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:35 pm

kindaconfused wrote:Santa

Was he not on the right then and where was he in the first half? How did you pick up he was asked go out on the right. Didnt he also spend a good deal of the first half on the right?

The game started with Cisse and Baros up front and Garcia on the right. Not sure when the change came but I noticed the two swap position in the 2nd half which is good as it utilised Cisse's pace against Charlton's left back.

BTW. can anyone tell me why is Baros taking the corner kicks? I have hardly see one ball past their 1st defender!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:04 pm

kindaconfused wrote:A.B

Not sure where you are driving with the captaincy issue due you think it will change how the team will play?

Carragher is a better leader, so in a way yes.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:27 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised, if both Cisse and Baros did not end up by being sold, either In January or August to fund the purchase of Morientes, Mista and a defender. The most likely to stay is Cisse depending on his temprement. Pongolle will replace Baros as the utility forward. You heard it first on Radio Rerider !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby whylongball? » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:29 pm

if Owen had stayed he'd have scored 30 goals this season :D

Santa, it was Garcia not Alonso who scored and played behind Baros.

Think Cisse was a more willing party to link up with Baros. Hopefully   
2 of them would try to give first before they want anything in return.
whylongball?

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:58 pm

I wouldn't be at all surprised, if both Cisse and Baros did not end up by being sold, either In January or August to fund the purchase of Morientes, Mista and a defender. The most likely to stay is Cisse depending on his temprement. Pongolle will replace Baros as the utility forward. You heard it first on Radio Rerider !!

Do you have a fever? Pongolle replace Baros? Cisse won't be sold, I think if anybody will be sold out of the two it will be Baros. Selling Cisse after buying him for 14 million would be bad business.

Think Cisse was a more willing party to link up with Baros

I agree.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion