Title run-in - The home straight

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Wed May 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse they kept me up late to see that.

I have to say fair play to Wigan tho they give them more of a game that Man City and probably Arsenal will do I just hope they get worn out till Barca play them and hopefully Barca beat them.

A good Thing to come out of it,Did anyone see Ferguson give Ronaldo loads for shooting when it was 1-1 and he missed and Ronaldo spotted Ferguson give him loads and started giving him loads back.

The mancs will demise after this season and end up like Real madrid when they had to many stars with ego's.

Nether the less YNWA be proud because in Benitez I trust and we will be the first to win the 19th title and imagine sending purple nose to the grave with that ha:D
roberto green

Postby tubby » Wed May 13, 2009 10:17 pm

We done good to get this close despite the difference in strength in squad depth. Hopefully with the right additions in the summer we can win it next year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Think thats it tbh, Arsenal arent upto much this season and i dont think they can go to united an win.

Massive credit though to the players and the manager to come back so strong after the Boro defeat. I know there was no pressure on us then so to speak but still we have been by a mile the best side in the league.

United have a better bench, thats all it is imo, our first XI is the best in europe i feel - yes we have weaknesses and yes there are players at other clubs that would improve our first eleven. But i genuinley think that we have been the leagues top side this season and are really unlucky.
If when we struggled to break some of those sides down at home we had Tevez, Schole and Giggs i think we would have also eventually broke down stubborn well organised sides.

I know Rafa has shaped this squad but with the money available it has been a constant juggling act, some he has got badly wrong, but on the whole we can be very happy with our team and are so close to not only matching united but also eclipsing them.

This pre-season is vital.

Would be happy with Barry - as long as Alonso stays, Silva - can play right accross the front and is top class.
One striker to fill in - someone like Gudjohnson from Barca and at a push a right back.
I say at a push as i think Darby deserves to be no2 if Arbeloa is tired or injured.
Would take Glenn Johnson, but feel the price would be too much with him being Englands right back at the minute.

Anyway went off tangent there - hard luck reds and we all know united are genuinley scared about our threat now.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 pm

Good post Ace, we've come a long way this season and every united fan I know has been sh*t scared the last couple of weeks. They know were good and will be watching who we sign in the close season almost as closely as we will.

Its been a great season to be a liverpool fan! Lets hope next year lives up to its billing...
ken_job

Postby DrPepe » Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:We done good to get this close despite the difference in strength in squad depth. Hopefully with the right additions in the summer we can win it next year.

the mancs had 2x 30m strikers on the pitch plus Ronaldo.

Any team can have an off day, and they were pretty poor, deservedly going behind to Wigan.

The manager usually earns his crust by motivating at half time, changing the tactical approach or switching players around.

Unfortunately , ORN has another 30m striker to bring on  :idea

FFS how we compete with that is beyond me...

we still need to win our remaining games, for our own development and also to drive united til the bitter end with the teeny weeny chance that they :censored: it up by losing twice  :angry:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed May 13, 2009 10:41 pm

but isnt the strength in depth just a myth thou doc ???? :;):
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 13, 2009 10:41 pm

i think we need to keep pushing (just in case  :D  ) and get 2nd place sown up.

It has been a good season and although we haven't won anything we've challenged for the league right up to the last few games. What's more we have beaten man utd twice in the league, hammering them at home in the process.  :buttrock

Our summer singings proved to be a disaster and Torres and Gerrard have both been injured...we've done well and 2-3 signings will make a huge difference.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Wed May 13, 2009 10:47 pm

GYBS wrote:but isnt the strength in depth just a myth thou doc ???? :;):

i've never believed that one, GYBS

that front line is ridiculous  :laugh:

and when the astute management of fergie sniffs out another 17m bargain teenager, it tells you everything  :talktothehand
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 13, 2009 11:00 pm

DrPepe wrote:

and when the astute management of fergie sniffs out another 17m bargain teenager, it tells you everything  :talktothehand

Which 17 million bargain teenagers are these though mate ?

Although totally agree on the forwards.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed May 13, 2009 11:06 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
DrPepe wrote:

The type of 17m Anderson and Nani type players?

Can't we sell them Ngog?

:D
roberto green

Postby GYBS » Wed May 13, 2009 11:08 pm

well anderson last season had gerrard in his pocket a few times and nani has scored some very crucial goals for them - they will get better for them as they will be given time by the manager
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed May 13, 2009 11:10 pm

GYBS wrote:well anderson last season had gerrard in his pocket a few times and nani has scored some very crucial goals for them - they will get better for them as they will be given time by the manager

There not worth 17m tho surely
roberto green

Postby GYBS » Wed May 13, 2009 11:15 pm

prob not mate but how many players these days get bought for they are worth
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 13, 2009 11:15 pm

roberto green wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
DrPepe wrote:

Can't we sell them Ngog?

Well basedon what we have seen on Anderson and Nani they are hardly bargains at 17 million.

Decent players deffo but not exactly players that have made a difference this season.

Think its more the strikers and having some decent experienced players like Giggs and Scholes to bring on when the likes of Park and Fletcher had run themselves into the ground and worn the other sides players out.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed May 13, 2009 11:22 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
roberto green wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
DrPepe wrote:

Can't we sell them Ngog?

Well basedon what we have seen on Anderson and Nani they are hardly bargains at 17 million.

Decent players deffo but not exactly players that have made a difference this season.

Think its more the strikers and having some decent experienced players like Giggs and Scholes to bring on when the likes of Park and Fletcher had run themselves into the ground and worn the other sides players out.

Nail on the head mate.

Even tho United have plenty of flair I think Ferguson has took a leaf out of Rafa's book especially in Europe and played the hardworking fellas like Park,Fletcher anderson,Carrick etc to fight for the win
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion