TIAGO ILORI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 20, 2014 8:54 am

I agree with Santa, Rodgers is an excellent coach but you still need the raw materials to work with, if you replaced the Chelsea squad with the Crewe or Tranmere squad then Mourinho would be relegated.
We had a great season last year but that doesn't mean our fans should get complacent, a lot went right for us last season like Suarez and Sturridge breaking goal scoring records left right and center, is it realistic to expect them to do that every year? Their goal scoring heroics papered over a lot of cracks in our defence and midfield and we are nowhere near being the finished article.
Let's not forget too that United had their worst season in a quarter of a century and Arsenal were flying until they were decimated by long term injuries to their inform players (Ramsey, Walcott etc)
Chelsea were held back by their lack of a striker which is something that won't happen next season and Aguero missed half the season through injury.
I think people are mistaken if they think all we need to do is tweak our squad with a few solid signings in order to be back in the mix again next year, our rivals will strengthen dramatically this summer and we will need to ourselves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 am

Santa » Tue May 20, 2014 1:59 am wrote:
And what's all the sh it with us being linked to so many ex-Swansea players???

:laugh:

I don't know mate but mangers bringing in the "familiar" is nothing new.

Houllier brought in some french speakers, Rafa a spanish contingent and from his old club Fulham Hodgson even took Konchesky ffs  !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue May 20, 2014 11:52 am

Santa » Tue May 20, 2014 6:33 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue May 20, 2014 2:25 am wrote:
Santa » Tue May 20, 2014 12:59 am wrote:If we don't strengthen the key areas and with high calibre signings this summer, we can expect a tough season next. No longer will we be able to surprise teams with our (pretty one-dimensional) brand of football but the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd being armed with £100M & £200M respectively will mean we get left behind yet again. Chelsea will spend big on a couple of key signings and with Courtois back, they will be tough to crack. I'm worried when we are being linked with second rated players and the club is back to it's old way of haggling with the selling clubs over a few million Quid's when we know what's at stake. We will ended up with some half-arsed signings that will not make us better team than what we currently have. :(

And what's all the sh it with us being linked to so many ex-Swansea players???
one thing this season should have taught you is that Brendan Rodgers has a plan and a vision that was executed near on perfectly this season. Despite a poor mid season transfer window.

I back him to continue to succeed rather than spouting stupid negativity, hoping for failure.

Only a half dead mo ron will fail to understand the reality of the situation or to properly prepare for the challenges that's coming ahead of us. Sure Brendan has been a breath of fresh air and the team have managed to punch above it's weight but make no mistake...we do have a relatively inexperience manager here and it is not fair to assume that he will be able to perform miracle year after year without a proper team to carry the weight of expectations. This season has show both the potential and the shortcoming of Brendan and we missed out by a whisker to land the title. We are also unable to call upon the likes of Dzeko, the Negredo, Fernandinho, the Javi Garcia, Schurrle, Ramires etc when we missed anyone of our starting eleven. It is precisely these factors that we need to prepare well and failure to recognised these red flags will mean we take a two steps back. Even a perpetually optimistic me can recognised this but some blind T*ss*r will think this is being negative...but maybe that's how some people rather live their live by living in their perpetual dreamland?
We'll see...
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 24, 2014 2:04 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Liverpool can confirm Tiago Ilori has joined Bordeaux on loan.

The 21-year-old will spend the 2014-15 campaign with the French club after signing a season-long deal.

Ilori joined the Reds last September when he sealed a switch to Anfield from Portuguese giants Sporting CP.

The defender enjoyed a loan stint in Spain with Granada in the second half of last term.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 am

cardiff-red » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:28 pm wrote:Liverpool can confirm Tiago Ilori has joined Bordeaux on loan.

The 21-year-old will spend the 2014-15 campaign with the French club after signing a season-long deal.

Ilori joined the Reds last September when he sealed a switch to Anfield from Portuguese giants Sporting CP.

The defender enjoyed a loan stint in Spain with Granada in the second half of last term.

Honestly don't know were BR's head is when it comes to transfers. Ilori was signed for around £7-8 million. We seem to be making an art of buying players that rarely (if ever) get used.

We sign a shed load of new players in the summer to add depth to the squad but at the same time we allow Ilori who's not without talent to bugger of on yet another loan.  How long before some of this summers signings are also out on loan ?

OH ! wait a minute Origi's already on one ! Our loan deals are now being written into the signing  contracts   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 am

In the echo the weekend it said that Rodgers has high hopes for Ilorri but feels he is still a bit too inexperienced to start week in week out in the prem. The reason we knocked the proposed loan move to Dortmund back was that they couldn't guarantee him pretty much constant game time, Bordeaux on the other hand assured Brendan that Ilorri would be a regular in their starting XI.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:41 am

Im tempted to bet a tenner that this guy will never make an appearance for the club, some of the decisions this club make in the transfer market are absolutely mind boggling.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

have to say im disappointed he is gone again on loan  :nod last year it was a lower end spanish club and now its a lower end french club. surely with us battling on 4 fronts this year he could have been kept around.
by the time he returns he will be 2 years into his contract and have played a whopping 12 or 13 minutes for us with no experience in this league.
he's going to be massive for us next season  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:24 pm

thought id bump this as RBG posted in the lovren thread that blanq was reportedly looking to make his move permanent at the end of the season.
again i dont see why he wasnt kept around seen as we have a heavy fixture list and already are suffering with injuries. we go to qpr on the 18th with skrtel and toure as the only fit options.
toure is well past it and for me i would rather see lorri getting those minutes as i dont for one second believe that he will automatically be a starter next season when/if he return's. this season was the one that he should have been blooded in imo and we might have got a starter out of him in the next.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:54 pm

I'd get this lad back and give him a run in the team, it's not as if our other CB's are setting the world alight. He's highly rated, got tremendous physical gifts (height, phenominal pace etc) and every club we loan him out to ends up wanting to buy him but for some reason he hasn't kicked a ball in anger for us in 2 years at the club?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Apparently Ilori made his comeback yesterday, but got injured again (same thigh).
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:33 pm

He's back

The lad looks like he stopped a veritable cricket score with some sublime defending....His pace is unbelievable for a defender
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Looks great but the game is not EPL pace.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Hopefully he'll remain injury free now and get some game-time there before he comes back to Liverpool. Otherwise his loan would prove pointless in the end.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion