STEVE CLARKE OFFICIAL THREAD - Kenny's New Assistant

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redhayesy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 pm

great appointment,great tactician imho- so great news as far as i'm concerned.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Lakes if you mentioned who your sources were from time to time it might be a little more credible (or not! :D )

I don't think Maureen will be looked at at all, he'll want money, Real will want money, I just don't see it happening. The position we're in right now, the last thing he wants is an actual job to do
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Mourinho will not be coming here for sure, he said so himself.  They'll probably get a young manager like Baos or Klopp.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby roberto green » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Is this the Steve Clarke thread or the Jose Mourinho?
roberto green

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:31 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:clarkes appointment is all to with villas boas coming in not mourinho.

Wheres your source mate and i dont mean the brown stuff around your mouth  :D  Would love this to be true though heard some great thigs about this guy. Again priase to NESV for appoiting some of the best behind-the-scene talent in Clarke and Comoli. Keep up the great work fellas.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:43 pm

lakes10 wrote:the staff list as it stands right now

Kenny Dalglish Manager
Sammy Lee Assistant Manager
Steve Clarke First-team Coach
Mike Kelly First-team Coach
John McMahon Reserves Manager
John Achterberg Reserves Goalkeeping Coach
Mike McGlynn Assistant Chief Scout
Peter Brukner Head of Sports Medicine and Sports Science
Zaf Iqbal First Team Doctor
Darren Burgess Head of Fitness and Conditioning
Phil Coles Head of Physical Therapies
Rob Price Senior Physiotherapist
Andrew Nealon Senior Physiotherapist
Matt Konopinski Physiotherapist
Chris Morgan Physiotherapist
Jordan Milsom Rehab Fitness Coach
Alan McCall Sports Scientist
Ivan Ortega Sports Therapist
Paul Small Masseur
Sylvan Richardson Masseur
Graham Carter Kit Manager
Lee Radcliffe First Team Kit-Man
Barry Drust Sports Science Consultant
James Morton Consultant Nutritionist
Andy Scoulding Head of Technical Analysis
Billy Parry Video Analyst
Alec Scott Match Analysis Assistant
James Malone Sports Science Graduate

wonder what the next change is.

Cant say i kow too much about the people on that list and if they deserve to be here. Like alot of people though i would question the medical side of things at the club as we do tend to get players who end up getting long term injuries that never seem to go away (whether thier getting the right treatment or not). At times i feel its something of a curse but maybe fresh faces in the medical department might be needed.

Ive been impressed with McMahon though and Bodrell (spelling?) the u-18s coach is different class. I hope next year whoever (please not Deschamps) comes in keep the both of them on
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby boodiddy1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:04 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:
boodiddy1 wrote:clarkes appointment is all to with villas boas coming in not mourinho.

Wheres your source mate and i dont mean the brown stuff around your mouth  :D  Would love this to be true though heard some great thigs about this guy. Again priase to NESV for appoiting some of the best behind-the-scene talent in Clarke and Comoli. Keep up the great work fellas.

Brown stuff around mouth. But, considering Lakes spouts ITK :censored:. i thought i'd be Columbo and put 2 &2 together.

Its  a lot more plausible than his Mourinho :censored:. that guy will never come here and probably doesnt have the hunger for this type of  job. He's on a personal crusade to win CL with many clubs. He'll go to Scum next.

Villa Boas is being considered, id prefer Coyle. But, i think FSG are wanting Boas!
boodiddy1

Postby PabloMedina28 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:43 pm

boodiddy1 wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:

Brown stuff around mouth. But, considering Lakes spouts ITK :censored:. i thought i'd be Columbo and put 2 &2 together.

Its  a lot more plausible than his Mourinho :censored:. that guy will never come here and probably doesnt have the hunger for this type of  job. He's on a personal crusade to win CL with many clubs. He'll go to Scum next.

Villa Boas is being considered, id prefer Coyle. But, i think FSG are wanting Boas!

HP Sauce.......... :down:   Yeh your right about Mourinho he only likes jobs where the last owner did 70% of the work (all the hard work) then gets given alot more money 2 improve the squad and takes all the glory himself. He did it at Porto, Chelsea and now Madrid (well trying at Madrid) Hes massivelly overrated and i would hate to see him as our next manager. The clown doesnt care about the long run of the clubs he manages either which says alot about his character and proves when he talks about his love of the supporters is :censored:. Thats why the :censored: never buys players for the future coz that wouldnt bring him the glory he needs to feed off now.

Coyle, Boas and Klopp or my choices provided NESV dont give Kenny the job.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Quite pleased about this. I think that Sammy Lee, while a very experienced coach and a loyal, enthusiastic servant to the club, doesn't strike me as a strong number two. That role, I think, needs someone with a bit more savvy about him. Someone with a deeper understanding of the game. Mourinho (whether you think he's a c...t or not, there's no denying his success) evidently saw the value in him and as such promoted him to be his assistant at Chelsea, and he will undoubtedly have learned a great deal from his time there. That can only bode well for us.

Just to add to that, and forgive me, but I see that there are some people who have called this a "great appointment". I don't know about that because he's just an assistant, but I was just wondering if that is your view, what is so "great" about appointing him? What's he done, and who's he worked with, that would lead you to that conclusion?  ???
LFC2007

Postby burjennio » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:59 am

Well hes my assistant manager on FM11! Great minds and all that.
burjennio

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:05 am

Out of interest, is it just me who thinks he has been brought in so the owners can have a closer look at him for when Kenny leaves?

Everyone is happy he is here, but under the right guidance, could he be the future manager of us?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:59 am

Sounds like a sound move. Good luck Clarke. Yeah I was thinking the same thing maybe this is sort of a test for the situation if Daglish doesn't want the job long term.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby brentd4 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:58 pm

im happy clarke has been appointed, and my father is a chelsea fan and has always put him in high regard, so good move if you ask me
brentd4

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:03 pm

looks like he's made a great start! is it just me,but even this early on he has shown he is up to the challenge. i know a fresh face,fresh ideas an all that helps-but after todays game,he looks like someone who communicates well with kk-the same thought process etc,i'm very optomistic about how he will learn from kk about the LiverpooL way etc & with his tacticall know how,will only benefit all players for the future.

so far so good Steve-cause i for one have acknowledged that your experience in coaching etc will hopefully be just the start of a great relationship with kk moving fowards-may long this continue.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby mrt » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:21 am

I'd like to add my congratulations to Steve Clarke for joining the biggest club he'll ever work for.  Also, why aren't Borello and Segura included in that list of club staff?  And didn't I read somewhere that one of those were leaving?  Sorry, vodka's kicking in.
mrt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion