Starting 11 next season!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Im happy to see Sissoko changed. Not a big fan of Gonzalez, but Kewells old and injury prone so didnt know who else to pick. But Yeah I do rate Quaresma
ALONSO

Postby stankanovic » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:53 pm

------------------reina------------------
alves-----carragher---alex------------riise
---------x.alonso-------mascherano------
rodrigues--------gerrard-----------malouda
------------------torres------------------
a bit on the expensive side. but 60m punds should make it.
stankanovic

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:10 pm

The biggest problem has been scoring, Rafa has set the team up to create chances, and we have had them,(Unlike the bad ol' days of Houllier) but have not had the clinical striker we need, a player from the World cup that impressed me, Podolski, he would be hard to get. And maybe a forward who can run with the ball and has a trick, maybe Villa. On who should go, Zenden (what is the point of him?), Pennant(when it matters , is missing and very weak), God (sorry), Crouch,lets cash in, i cant understand why a player at the top level of sport has not put on any muscle, strength, and power , with nutritionalists, supplements and gyms galore, has not really improved his heading. Why the clamour for westham 'stars', they have been figjam's all year, not Rafa material at all.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby jaytoothetee » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:56 pm

stankanovic wrote:------------------reina------------------

yeah, £60m, but why would we buy those players anyway. i trust sabre when he says torres is the ultimate example of a "youtube player" and malouda's nowhere near as good as a fit kewell, and why would we buy alex when we have hyypia carra and agger. alright, he's good i'll admit, but if we sign any cb it'll be as replacement for hyypia as 3rd choice rather than a starter. more likely we'll see hyypia play as cover, with the youngsters (hobbs, paletta etc) rotated in for some of the smaller teams. rodrigues?? not sure who you mean, so i can't comment on him. and also, and i'm not picking on you cause a lot of others have mentioned it, but i don't think 4231 will be our preferred formation next season. gerrard simply doesn't fit in to it. he won't play as a holding player, he's pretty much ineffective 'in the hole', and the formation requires out and out wingers rather than right midfieldersm, so he won't play on the right.
honestly, the only player there worth considering signing is alves, which is pretty much a no brainer anyway.

in general, too many signings - would upset the 'balance' of the team - we can't afford to start slowly again, and an overall whiff of football manager.

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby red37 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:15 pm

what happened to Sorin the argentine who went to SV Hamburg from Villareal?

I was watching the game last night v Barcelona and he and Riquelme were noticable absentees from what use to be a decent side. (i know Riquelme has gone back on loan to Argentina)

Sorin was one who i liked though, he offere a heck of a lot down the flank....just asking btw.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:30 pm

you want a clinical finisher so you go for "Torres" hahahhahaha

this guys record as a goalscorer is poor when compared to the CLASS A goalgetters of this world.

the horse
villa
ronaldo
fowler
owen
shearer (i know hes retired, but his goal record is what im talking about, that makes him CLASS A)

these are real goalscorers whose goal per game ratio is quality wherever they lay their hat

good player, but he aint no 25 goal a season man.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby HOMER » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:13 pm

don't need anyone in defence this season - wasting money.
we have a class defence.
need wingers and GOALSCORING strikers.

use the 40 million to buy the best - messi.

get anelka on the cheap(desperate to play for a big team)

sign tevez - would love to play alongside masch + messi

sell - sissoko, kewell etc (squad players) and build a world class 11
HOMER

Postby jaytoothetee » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:26 pm

you don't know anything about football mate if you are seriously suggesting we sell the majority of our squad players. for a start sissoko is an integral part of rafa's plans for the future, and the most we can expect to be sold are a couple of fringe players (bolo etc) to replaced with two or three first teamers (ie a striker and 1/2 wingers).

and messi would never be sold by barcelona.

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:28 pm

I'm not too sure about Anelka. Would have loved him to sign when he was here, looked pure class. But maybe that ship has sailed now, having said that I would have preferred him to Bellamy. Can't honestly see us going for Anelka now, but he's too good for Bolton. I will go for the easy option Kaka or Tevez with Villa or Eto'o. Buy a backup for Kewell and we are good to go.

I think Hyypia can manage another season as standin, with Hobbs and Paletta gradually brought in to suppliment Carra and Agger.
account deleted by request

Postby HOMER » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:42 pm

why shouldn't we sell some of our squad players? we have about 40 players on our books.
sissoko is never going to win the league for us, kewell never plays.

take a look at manures squad players - fletcher, richardson, solskaer, brown - world class - NOT!

where are they in the league?
HOMER

Postby SJD » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:47 pm

stankanovic wrote:------------------reina------------------

HOMER wrote:.
use the 40 million to buy the best - messi.

sell - sissoko, kewell etc (squad players) and build a world class 11

There's a few tools on here isn't there?

:laugh:

Either that or its Kippers in disguise!!
SJD

Postby HOMER » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:53 pm

sorry didn't realise that barcelona are a much bigger and more successful club than us and that there is no chance of signing one of their players.
lets go and buy players from sunderland - they're playing well this season!
HOMER

Postby SJD » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:56 pm

Lionel Messi is probably the closest thing this world is going to get to the "next Maradona".

He's going to be immense. We know it. Barca know it. The whole world knows it.

He won't be going anywhere the way they have looked after him since he was about 9, the fact he loves Barcelona and the fact they are probably the best club side in the world from a neutral point of view.
SJD

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:03 pm

HOMER wrote:sorry didn't realise that barcelona are a much bigger and more successful club than us and that there is no chance of signing one of their players.
lets go and buy players from sunderland - they're playing well this season!

Barcelona won't sell Messi anymore than we'll sell Gerrard.

Engage your brain before you post. :no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby HOMER » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:07 pm

every player has a price - barca sold figo to real madrid.

selling messi to liverpool would not be half as bad, if the money is right they will sell
HOMER

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion