How should we line up next season ? Best starting 11 ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:15 pm

I thought I answered it but obviously not clear enough for you

116 million and that is the best we can offer is a poor return.

But apart from Balotelli and Mignolet the bad performers in the squad arent BR signings.

worse performers this year are probably - Mig,Johnson,Gerrard, Skrtel and Balotelli

Markovic hasnt looked the greatest but hasnt rellay played many minutes.

What I will say is Moreno and Manquillo have looked decent as well as Lallana and Can has showed promise but has been riddled with injury.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Didn't want to create a new thread...so I shall use this.

First of..here's my disclaimers.

a)I believe we still have a good crop of players
b)They are being undermined by a clueless fool (I haven't seen lambert, balo, agger, ...etc play so badly for another manager before)
c)I believe a decent manager can make these players perform at a higher level. A really good manager (with tactical experise) can even get this team challenging for the league and cups.

So with the above pointers....this is how I will line up the team

Mig
                              Cly    Skr  Sak    Mor
                                            Mil                          (With Lucas, Allen stepping in when needed)
                              Hendo               Cout             (With Can, Lallana, Milner stepping in when needed)
                                            Firm                        (With Ibe, Lallana, Tex stepping in when needed)
                                       Ben       Ings                 (With Ori & Stu stepping in)

So there it is........ we go back to diamond. That's the only way we can play with this group of players.

Reasons :
i) We don't have any pace on the wings. Ibe is not really ready. So instead of putting square pegs in round holes.....lets just f**k off with wing play. Clyne and Moreno are probably the best wing players we have. So let them own the wing

ii)Firm in a number 10 role. That's the easiest way to get him up to this league. He will play between the lines.....get more space than the other offensive players and with his obvious talent....he can own this role

iii)Pair Ben and Ings up top until sturridge is fit. Ings will do a defensive striker role (ie....those who play football manager will understand what I am talking about here). He will press up high up the pitch...close down defenders and run on top Benteke's knockdowns. Benteke will also find it better to play with a mobile striker taking defenders away.

iv)Another advantage of having a striker press high up the pitch is that...it will make it easier for our defence. Opposition players will think twice to push up against us (that's what they have been doing to us ever since we have gone with a lone striker). Our CBs will have it a little more easier.

v)Coutinho deeper is where I see his future. He really isn't all that impressive in the opposition penalty box. He wastes a lot of decent chances. On the other hand, his change of pace from deep positions always leave opposition midfielders trailing in his wake. He can also spot a lot of passes and throughballs from there. He can be our playmaker from a deeper position.

vi)Obviously our fullbacks cannot really push up too high in this formation. So that will make our defence more stable. If they do push up when the opportunity presents itself...then hendo and coutinho will double up to protect the wing.

vii)In a way...we have played this formation 2 seasons ago. The only difference is that we have a more able DM anchoring the midfield (when compared to gerrard). We won't score as many goals...but our defence will be a lot stronger.

Seriously.....this is the only way we can go forward. Even I can make this team work. It shouldn't be a problem for any decent manager.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Didn't want to create a new thread...so I shall use this.

First of..here's my disclaimers.

a)I believe we still have a good crop of players
b)They are being undermined by a clueless fool (I haven't seen lambert, balo, agger, ...etc play so badly for another manager before)
c)I believe a decent manager can make these players perform at a higher level. A really good manager (with tactical experise) can even get this team challenging for the league and cups.

So with the above pointers....this is how I will line up the team

Mig
                              Cly    Skr  Sak    Mor
                                            Mil                          (With Lucas, Allen stepping in when needed)
                              Hendo               Cout             (With Can, Lallana, Milner stepping in when needed)
                                            Firm                        (With Ibe, Lallana, Tex stepping in when needed)
                                       Ben       Ings                 (With Ori & Stu stepping in)

So there it is........ we go back to diamond. That's the only way we can play with this group of players.

Reasons :
i) We don't have any pace on the wings. Ibe is not really ready. So instead of putting square pegs in round holes.....lets just f**k off with wing play. Clyne and Moreno are probably the best wing players we have. So let them own the wing

ii)Firm in a number 10 role. That's the easiest way to get him up to this league. He will play between the lines.....get more space than the other offensive players and with his obvious talent....he can own this role

iii)Pair Ben and Ings up top until sturridge is fit. Ings will do a defensive striker role (ie....those who play football manager will understand what I am talking about here). He will press up high up the pitch...close down defenders and run on top Benteke's knockdowns. Benteke will also find it better to play with a mobile striker taking defenders away.

iv)Another advantage of having a striker press high up the pitch is that...it will make it easier for our defence. Opposition players will think twice to push up against us (that's what they have been doing to us ever since we have gone with a lone striker). Our CBs will have it a little more easier.

v)Coutinho deeper is where I see his future. He really isn't all that impressive in the opposition penalty box. He wastes a lot of decent chances. On the other hand, his change of pace from deep positions always leave opposition midfielders trailing in his wake. He can also spot a lot of passes and throughballs from there. He can be our playmaker from a deeper position.

vi)Obviously our fullbacks cannot really push up too high in this formation. So that will make our defence more stable. If they do push up when the opportunity presents itself...then hendo and coutinho will double up to protect the wing.

vii)In a way...we have played this formation 2 seasons ago. The only difference is that we have a more able DM anchoring the midfield (when compared to gerrard). We won't score as many goals...but our defence will be a lot stronger.

Seriously.....this is the only way we can go forward. Even I can make this team work. It shouldn't be a problem for any decent manager.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:42 pm

That line-up wouldn't have been so horrible if it wasn't for Milner. Replace him with Can or Lucas and that team might have potential. I can't believe people are willing to give the most important midfield jobs to a guy that's not even a midfielder. I think you English people are a bit bias when it comes to players of your nationality.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion