Starting 11 next season!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby EddieC » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:31 pm

Owzat wrote:
jaytoothetee wrote:crouchinho!! (giraffe) geddit??  :wwww

Be glad to get rid of him if only so I don't hear "you know" 99 times in every interview

On that Basis we'd have to get rid of Stevie & Carra too though, they say 'you know' just as many times.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Rina
finnan
Carrager
Agger
Bale/Rise

Alves
Gerrard
Masherino
Kewel

Eto
Tevez

Get this team in and we will win the prem. :;):
grayghost

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:39 pm

Owzat wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:
Owzat wrote:Can't believe so many of you are putting G.Raff in the team considering this is an open invitation to pick almost anyone! I mean ffs if you could have any two strikers in the World you'd seriously consider G.Raff?

And Pennant RM? ???

Lando - I thought I heard someone was interested in Villa but something like £80m was mentioned? I'd pay £15m maybe £20m for him, but considering Kuyt's the only striker likely to be sure of a place then I wouldn't blow half the reported £40m budget on one player. If links with Simao are to be believed then we're probably talking around £10m, £40m may sound a lot but in terms of quality it is about 2-4 players.

But if we can sell G.Raff, Bellamy, Hyypia and maybe Sissoko to raise as much as £15m then that would help. Look down the teamsheet and it is rather lacking top value players - that we'd want to sell that is

Now you are talking rubbish.

Explain. Or is that simply one of those dismissive posts where you don't have a counter-argument or anything to back up your dismissive post

A post where I don't have a counter arguement?

:laugh:

You know me better than that lad.

You're on about releasing Hyypia, Sissoko and Bellamy who are all more than capable premiership players, how much would we need to replace those players? At the moment they aren't the weakest links and there for should not be sold. End of.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:42 pm

grayghost wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:
EddieC wrote:
Sabre wrote:I disagree we need two wingers. As for "winger" we have pennant. But if anything was to be bought for the right side, I'd think of a right midfielder, it would complete our squad. That is, I wouldn't bring a player with the same rol of Pennant.

That's what I meant, just a case of me not wording it properly. I do think we need an out & out winger for the left side, but as you rightly said not on the right.

BTW what's your opinion on Alves? I know Stu thinks I'm chatting sh!t, but from what I've seen of him I honestly think he'd play better at right midfield than right back. I've only watched him about 5 or 6 times, but every time he's seemed a lot more interested in going forward than defending, something which would cause a problem when playing in defence.

Playing Alves as a winger is like playing Roberto Carlos or Ashley Cole as a winger. They are out an out defenders. They are far better attacking from deep positions rather than receiving the ball in a high position on the pitch and being asked to start an attack.

Its a completely different position.

Alves can do a job on the right wing, no doubt, but he's a right back. Its like playing Gerrard "in the hole" or in the "holding role". You're taking away 50% of his game. Alves is a very very good defender.

I think Alves would be a great winger he is way to attacking for rafas liking when playing RB. I think Rafa will have him on the wing more than RB. With his speed eye for goal and great passing abilty plus like some wingers he will not shirk from a takle plus he will work hard for the team being slitly defensive minded in a brazilian kind of way.

How old are you?

You're either very young and naive or just lack an unbelievable amount of knowledge on the spot.

RIGHT WING AND RIGHT BACK ARE DIFFERENT POSITIONS AND YOU DON'T PLAY A PLAYER OUT OF POSITION TO DISGUISE HIS WEAKNESSES!

YOU ESPECIALLY DON'T SPEND REDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO SIGN A PLAYER THEN PLAY HIM OUT OF POSITION.

If you're a young naive lad, I apologise, if you're just to clueless to understand the basics of the game, I suggest you follow another sport.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:16 pm

You are right we dont play players out of postion do we. We play every player in there peferd position

Gerrard plays in the middle every game o wait a minute no he does't but thats ok it's only one player out of postion.

it's not as though risse plays left wing o wait a minute yes he does every now and then and Aurelio i have even seen Finnan play RM

the list can go on Charrager LB RB DM. NOW Sissko shurly he would never play out of position o wait a min did't we see him play attacking midfeild the outher day

Yes Alves is a right back in Spain but liverpool were not intrested in him until he played in the uefa cup final and in that game he played RM. now am not saying if we get him he will play there i just think it would benifit the team if he did ok.
grayghost

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:18 pm

grayghost wrote:You are right we dont play players out of postion do we. We play every player in there peferd position

Gerrard plays in the middle every game o wait a minute no he does't but thats ok it's only one player out of postion.

it's not as though risse plays left wing o wait a minute yes he does every now and then and Aurelio i have even seen Finnan play RM

the list can go on Charrager LB RB DM. NOW Sissko shurly he would never play out of position o wait a min did't we see him play attacking midfeild the outher day

Yes Alves is a right back in Spain but liverpool were not intrested in him until he played in the uefa cup final and in that game he played RM. now am not saying if we get him he will play there i just think it would benifit the team if he did ok.

Don't forget about Arbeloa at LB in CL against Barca.  Played pretty decent didn't he?
JoeTerp

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:21 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
grayghost wrote:You are right we dont play players out of postion do we. We play every player in there peferd position

Don't forget about Arbeloa at LB in CL against Barca.  Played pretty decent didn't he?

o yes forgot about that one cheers
grayghost

Postby ckay » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:24 pm

If I was Rafa, I'd only bring in 2 or 3 world class players. We need to be settled for the start of the season. That way we can start of strong unlike this season where it took us a few weeks to get going.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:35 pm

For a start... Steven Gerrard is a natural right back, right midfielder and central midfielder. He's equally good in all positions and has more than one natural position. Its VERY RARE player play out of position due to tactical reasons and isn't something that is consistently used, occassionally a player will play out of position for tactical reasons, they won't do it over a pro longed period of games.

John Arne Riise, (not Risse) plays left midfield (not left wing) occassionally as again he is able to play there. That is another of his natural positions. Some players have more than one natural position. However its not a regular occurrance... so again, I don't see your point.

Aurelio plays left midfield and looks completely lost as does Finnan at right midfield, so I don't quite see where you're getting at there... Especially when the two only ever play there when we're completely stuck for midfielders anyway. Again, the points lost on me...

Carragher is again another who is a natrual defender anywhere across the backline. So yet again, I fail to see your point...

Sissoko played out of position yes and looked completely out of his depth... so again I don't see your point... this is getting boring...

And on your final point how on earth do you know Benitez wasn't interested till the cup final? :laugh:

Why don't we sign Ronaldo to play centre back, Terry to play upfront and Schevchenko to play right back. Why don't we play Reina in the hole aswell?

Legendary.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:51 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:

For a start... Steven Gerrard is a natural right back, right midfielder and central midfielder. He's equally good in all positions and has more than one natural position. Its VERY RARE player play out of position due to tactical reasons and isn't something that is consistently used, occassionally a player will play out of position for tactical reasons, they won't do it over a pro longed period of games.

John Arne Riise, (not Risse) plays left midfield (not left wing) occassionally as again he is able to play there. That is another of his natural positions. Some players have more than one natural position. However its not a regular occurrance... so again, I don't see your point.

Aurelio plays left midfield and looks completely lost as does Finnan at right midfield, so I don't quite see where you're getting at there... Especially when the two only ever play there when we're completely stuck for midfielders anyway. Again, the points lost on me...

Carragher is again another who is a natrual defender anywhere across the backline. So yet again, I fail to see your point...

Sissoko played out of position yes and looked completely out of his depth... so again I don't see your point... this is getting boring...

And on your final point how on earth do you know Benitez wasn't interested till the cup final? :laugh:

Why don't we sign Ronaldo to play centre back, Terry to play upfront and Schevchenko to play right back. Why don't we play Reina in the hole aswell?

Legendary.

If you read my post you will see that i did not say they played well out of position i was just stating the fact that the did so. So i don't get your point on that one ok. That hole post of yours was just a big excuse and a load of bull and so very.  :sleep

o and the legend bit at the end was a bit creepy.   :alien:
grayghost

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:55 pm

grayghost wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

Legendary.

If you read my post you will see that i did not say they played well out of position i was just stating the fact that the did so. So i don't get your point on that one ok. That hole post of yours was just a big excuse and a load of bull and so very.  :sleep

o and the legend bit at the end was a bit creepy.   :alien:

Oh right ok, so now you're saying they didn't play well out of position...

So what you're saying is we should sign Alves for stupid money, to play him out of position, even though the players we have who currently play here don't play well when they play out of position?

Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:07 pm

I did not say they played good ur bad out of position i was just stating the fact that they did on occasions. please don't make me repeat myself OK.
grayghost

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:21 pm

Alves for wingback!!!!!! :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Reina
arbeloa    Carragher    Agger     Riise
Quaresma    Sissoko Gerrard      Gonzalez
             Kuyt Eto
ALONSO

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:48 pm

ALONSO wrote:Reina
arbeloa    Carragher    Agger     Riise
Quaresma    Sissoko Gerrard      Gonzalez
             Kuyt Eto

Sissoko instead of Alonso and Mascherano?

Gonzalez in there?

Quaresma?

Deary, deary me!

:help
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion