Starting 11 next season!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:35 am

Lucky wrote:Don't know much about Voronin, but saw his goal against Bayern last weekend on TV. Quite fantastic! If he can always score like that, I'd like to see him play for us next season.:D

voronin goal v. bayern
JoeTerp

Postby jkop » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:07 am

JoeTerp wrote:
Lucky wrote:Don't know much about Voronin, but saw his goal against Bayern last weekend on TV. Quite fantastic! If he can always score like that, I'd like to see him play for us next season.:D

voronin goal v. bayern

Excellent goal for such a tight angle. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:04 pm

reina

Richards               agger               carra           baines

alonso           mascarano

stevie g
wilhelmsson                                      kewell

Ashton

second 11

carson

finnan               hypia    huddlestone     taylor

momo
pennant                                              rise
                               garcia

kuyt            crouch

These players can win us the premiership! :)
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:38 pm

You've been playing to much footy manager.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:01 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:reina

Richards               agger               carra           baines

alonso           mascarano

stevie g
wilhelmsson                                      kewell

Ashton

second 11

carson

finnan               hypia    huddlestone     taylor

momo
pennant                                              rise
                               garcia

kuyt            crouch

These players can win us the premiership! :)

Wihelmsson?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:09 pm

good goal from voronin tight angle, if he scores goals like that on a regular basis i wouldnt mind him coming but to be honest with you i forgot we even signed him :p
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby kop king » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:45 pm

11 for next season...

Reina

Finnan             Agger                Carra            Riise

Macherano

Simao                          Alonso

Gerrard

Crouch

Subs...

Carson
Kuyt
Robben
Aurellio
Voronin

I just wish this could be the squad...
"Fook Off Chelsea FC, You aint got no history"
kop king

Postby destro » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTn-JpV68s&mode=related&search=

Is the same guy we signed , if it is wheres the ponytail if it isnt....you signed the wrong one Rafa :D
destro

Postby jaytoothetee » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:32 pm

kop king wrote:11 for next season...

Reina

Macherano

Gerrard

Crouch

Subs...

Carson
Kuyt
Robben
Aurellio
Voronin

hmm... a 441. you're new to this football lark aren't you  :D

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby Forever_Red » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:24 pm

11 for next season...

Reina

Macherano

Gerrard

Crouch

Subs...

Carson
Kuyt
Robben
Aurellio
Voronin

hmm... a 441. you're new to this football lark aren't you   
[quote]

:bowdown

If we bought Robben I don't think we'd put him on the bench, I think there'll be a few more changes than that IMO

That's the only clip I've seen of Voronin but if he does that every week I'm happy  :D
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:08 am

In the first page of this thread Lando Griffin mentions Pablo Aimar.

Well I think lando has good football taste. Aimar is an international for Argentina, which means something by itself. Great vision to spot passes, and he's versatile, as you can play him as an attacking midfielder, or even as a second striker. He strikes well the ball from the box line, and he's class.

In Valencia, he succeeded more than failed, he was loved by their fans, but he had some troubles with the coach I cannot remember well, and he left to Zaragoza for a sum of 10M € which would be 6M pounds or so.

Zaragoza, in Spain, would as important as Tottenham Hotspur up there. Not big team, no small team neither. I think he could come here for a reasonable price.

All good? well, I have my doubts. Pablo Aimar is a player that in the position who played Gerrard against Arsenal, City, or Middlesborough, you wouldn't see him much, but he would be deadly if he appears. I mean his work ratio is not big, he wouldn't be touching multiple balls, tackling and pressing as Gerrard was, Gerrard is much more complete player. If I can spot that in Spain, that would be a major trouble in England, that's my concern about him. But he's very good, and can be bought.

Casillas is also mentioned. IMHO, Casillas is better than Reina below the sticks. He has great reflexes, and in one on ones he wins the actions often to the striker. But Reina's kick of the ball, and distribution, is very useful for our team, and he's more than ok under the sticks, so I wouldn't tell for sure who I'd play in LFC, and definitely I wouldn't pay lots of  money for him. I do think though, that we need a good second keeper, I don't know well Carson, perhaps some of you could tell me what you think about him.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:06 am

kop king wrote:11 for next season...

Reina

Macherano

Gerrard

Crouch

Subs...

Carson
Kuyt
Robben
Aurellio
Voronin

:laugh:

How are people like this allowed to post on a football forum please? :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:11 am

Sabre wrote:In the first page of this thread Lando Griffin mentions Pablo Aimar.

Well I think lando has good football taste. Aimar is an international for Argentina, which means something by itself. Great vision to spot passes, and he's versatile, as you can play him as an attacking midfielder, or even as a second striker. He strikes well the ball from the box line, and he's class.

In Valencia, he succeeded more than failed, he was loved by their fans, but he had some troubles with the coach I cannot remember well, and he left to Zaragoza for a sum of 10M € which would be 6M pounds or so.

Zaragoza, in Spain, would as important as Tottenham Hotspur up there. Not big team, no small team neither. I think he could come here for a reasonable price.

All good? well, I have my doubts. Pablo Aimar is a player that in the position who played Gerrard against Arsenal, City, or Middlesborough, you wouldn't see him much, but he would be deadly if he appears. I mean his work ratio is not big, he wouldn't be touching multiple balls, tackling and pressing as Gerrard was, Gerrard is much more complete player. If I can spot that in Spain, that would be a major trouble in England, that's my concern about him. But he's very good, and can be bought.

Casillas is also mentioned. IMHO, Casillas is better than Reina below the sticks. He has great reflexes, and in one on ones he wins the actions often to the striker. But Reina's kick of the ball, and distribution, is very useful for our team, and he's more than ok under the sticks, so I wouldn't tell for sure who I'd play in LFC, and definitely I wouldn't pay lots of  money for him. I do think though, that we need a good second keeper, I don't know well Carson, perhaps some of you could tell me what you think about him.

Carson's more than able back up.

Reina's the best sweeper style goalkeeper I've ever seen. He's absoloutely lightening off his line and his ability to see potential danger is excellent.

He's a footballers goalkeeper.

Aimar's a class act, no doubt. But would he be my choice? I'm not so sure. We don't have the right quality and ability on the wings and we don't have the right sort of forward to get the best out of him. He's very much a 4-5-1 player as a second striker/attacking midfielder and thats a formation I don't think we have the players to play consistently.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:54 am

When Aimar was rumoured to be coming to us at the begining of the season I was delighted, however it was pointed out to me at the time how few goals he scores.  As Stu says with the wingers we have not looking like contributing many goals, our midfield (apart from Gerrard) hardly prolific, the burden on our striker to get the goals would be immense.

If Aimar could get 10/12 goals rather than the 5 or so I think he averages I would take him like a shot. This is why I suggested Tevez a few weeks ago,perhaps not as creative as Aimar he would be much more of a goal threat while still adding much needed creativity. My first choice would be Kaka, who would be ideal but unlikely :D .

So much depends on the other buys though that its difficult to pick out a sure fire success. Buy two goalscoring wingers(maybe one if Kewell amazes) and a great striker and Aimar is ideal, otherwise Tevez or Kaka. Stick with Pennant, Gonzo and Veronin(going off his record) and I dont think it would matter if we bought a young Pele we still wont win the league.
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:59 am

Can't believe so many of you are putting G.Raff in the team considering this is an open invitation to pick almost anyone! I mean ffs if you could have any two strikers in the World you'd seriously consider G.Raff?

And Pennant RM? ???

Lando - I thought I heard someone was interested in Villa but something like £80m was mentioned? I'd pay £15m maybe £20m for him, but considering Kuyt's the only striker likely to be sure of a place then I wouldn't blow half the reported £40m budget on one player. If links with Simao are to be believed then we're probably talking around £10m, £40m may sound a lot but in terms of quality it is about 2-4 players.

But if we can sell G.Raff, Bellamy, Hyypia and maybe Sissoko to raise as much as £15m then that would help. Look down the teamsheet and it is rather lacking top value players - that we'd want to sell that is
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion