Sooner or later we'll have to accept - It's not working.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:56 pm

bigmick wrote:Roll on January they say, roll on indeed. West Ham is a MUST WIN? no sh!te. In Rafa we trust, give 'em time, remember Pires etc etc etc. I think that's all the old cliches out of the way som what if we look beyond those?
I think if we continue to play this low-tempo, watchful and cautious type of football we will stay roughly where we are in the league give or take a place or two. As it's a fairly ordinary Premiership if you take out Chelsea, a slight improvement may see us climb a little higher I guess. There are some things though that need to happen about now in my view, here's what. 

Squad rotation must cease as of now until we have found some form and consistency. When we start stringing a few results together then we can start resting the odd player. This changing the style and personel every week isn't doing anybody any favours. The way things are going, the players can rest for the last couple of months of the season because we'll be mid-table and playing nothing games. Lets find our best team and make the others fight to get in it. Simple.

Lets play a compact and hardworking 4-4-2. Simple.

Lets find OUR tempo. I am of the opinion that are most effective when we press the ball high up the pitch and play at a high tempo. Simple.

Lets play with one holding/sitting/DMC midfielder, and one attacking midfielder. The attacking midfielder must be a box to box type player, let's see some energy and a bit of sweat. Simple.

Let's play Cisse in every game as he looks like the most likely person to score a goal. While we're at it, let's play him through the centre. Simple.

The system is simple also. We have a goalkeeper and two full-backs whose job is mostly to defend. Two central defenders, one who mostly contests the headers. One defensive, one attacking central midfielder and two wide midfielders who work up and down the line. Two strikers, one with pace and one who is going to contest the headers. It's simple because football is a simple game.

Roll on January? Totally agree. Go and buy Jermaine Pennant for about 6-7 million quid. Ask about Ledley King and when they scare you off with the price go to Madrid and buy Woodgate for about 8 million. Pool together whatever you have left, go down the back of the sofa and put it all together and Buy Andy Johnson for about 8 million. Sell the people who between now and then don't do the business and move on. It's time.

BEST FU.CKIN POST I EVER READ    NO :censored: :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby neilE » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:06 am

It can only be disappointing when we lose to the likes of Fulham. I only saw Match of the Day highlights, so some of you will have a better perspective on today's game than me, but the stats showed we had twice as much possession, and twice as many shots. Their 2nd goal was def offside, and the 1st one would have been too if that tw@t Josemi hadn't gone to sleep. So its not too bad. BUT we will not start winning regularly while we rely on Josemi and Traore to keep clean sheets. I see no reason to change my view from when the transfer window closed, that failing to buy the players we needed meant we have to hang on as best we can till January and hope for quality reinforcements then. BigMick is spot on about going for a settled system, but we've got to find a successful one first! As for the "tried and tested" players idea, I can only go so far with that - Traore and Zenden fall into that category, even though they aren't English. Crouch has been around for years. Are they good enough for Liverpool? - not yet anyway (that's as kind as I can be to those players). We aren't a disaster, we're just not quite as good as we ought to be, and 1 or 2 quality players shold be enough to put us back up there - whoever they are. The Mancs and Arsenal are struggling too, so unless Spurs & Charlton can keep their form for a whole season, we've still got a good chance of finishing in the top 4, maybe 2nd even - but we will have to start winning games, and I totally agree the slow tempo, (which I thought was a Houllier weakness that was on its way out) has got to go
neilE

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:14 am

welsh wizzard wrote:Agree with post totally but not the signings of penant, and johnson come on 8m for johnson we sold baros for 6m. We do need three signings i agree. These i hope will be in Jan. Thats only what just over 9 weeks away. So by the time new players come in we should still have close to 25 premiership games to play, and with i hope more than ever a settled team from january.I want to see!
                                 reina
finnin          carragher       woodgate          barraghan

joaquin/simao               alonso              gonz/kewell

gerrard

kuite           cisse

Live the dream mate Joaquin is not going to sign because he has a price tag over his head that is way beyond his value (10m Max) Simao won't leave Betis this season and Gonzalez can't get a permit till the summer
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:25 am

bigmick wrote:Roll on January they say, roll on indeed. West Ham is a MUST WIN? no sh!te. In Rafa we trust, give 'em time, remember Pires etc etc etc. I think that's all the old cliches out of the way som what if we look beyond those?
I think if we continue to play this low-tempo, watchful and cautious type of football we will stay roughly where we are in the league give or take a place or two. As it's a fairly ordinary Premiership if you take out Chelsea, a slight improvement may see us climb a little higher I guess. There are some things though that need to happen about now in my view, here's what. 

Squad rotation must cease as of now until we have found some form and consistency. When we start stringing a few results together then we can start resting the odd player. This changing the style and personel every week isn't doing anybody any favours. The way things are going, the players can rest for the last couple of months of the season because we'll be mid-table and playing nothing games. Lets find our best team and make the others fight to get in it. Simple.

Lets find OUR tempo. I am of the opinion that are most effective when we press the ball high up the pitch and play at a high tempo. Simple.

Lets play with one holding/sitting/DMC midfielder, and one attacking midfielder. The attacking midfielder must be a box to box type player, let's see some energy and a bit of sweat. Simple.

Let's play Cisse in every game as he looks like the most likely person to score a goal. While we're at it, let's play him through the centre. Simple.

The system is simple also. We have a goalkeeper and two full-backs whose job is mostly to defend. Two central defenders, one who mostly contests the headers. One defensive, one attacking central midfielder and two wide midfielders who work up and down the line. Two strikers, one with pace and one who is going to contest the headers. It's simple because football is a simple game.

Roll on January? Totally agree. Go and buy Jermaine Pennant for about 6-7 million quid. Ask about Ledley King and when they scare you off with the price go to Madrid and buy Woodgate for about 8 million. Pool together whatever you have left, go down the back of the sofa and put it all together and Buy Andy Johnson for about 8 million. Sell the people who between now and then don't do the business and move on. It's time.

it's all so simple  ??? im just as frustrated as the next Liverpool supporter, but i think people are really forgetting what stage of the season we are in, only 8 games gone people, a couple of victorys in a row and well be right back up the table.

We've all seen the performances in Europe, and IMO it's just a matter of time until we start doing the same in the premiership aswell, were far from there yet but im sure it will come.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:01 am

I agree with some of your points bigmack, but i do not agree with ceasing the squad rotation policy

we are in 4 competition, a big squad is needed! sometimes we have games in midweek, and so our starting eleven plays, sometimes 2 of the players get really tired, so its a good idea to rest the player, and i think its a good idea because it would give the players more energy and fresh legs during games. the rotation policy in Liverpool needs time to get used to, its the first time this season Benitez uses it, Bigmack all im saying just hold on, keep tight, i just hope and pray that the squad rotation system work.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:08 am

BarryBelfast wrote:

BEST FU.CKIN POST I EVER READ    NO :censored: :buttrock

I wonder why that is Barry, would it have something to do with the theme of BM's post revolving around BRITISH players??

You C.unt!!!!

:no  :no  :no
:angry:  :veryangry
76-1115222408

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:29 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

BEST FU.CKIN POST I EVER READ    NO
I wonder why that is Barry, would it have something to do with the theme of BM's post revolving around BRITISH players??

You C.unt!!!!

yeah because cisse is british   :oh:

so whats the problem with having briitsh players? lets have the best players we can and if the happen to be british so what?

or are we like the fire brigade now and also have to fill an ethnic quota?

what next? you will be saying we also need a disabled quota.

chill out
112-1077774096

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:33 am

peewee wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

You C.unt!!!!

so whats the problem with having briitsh players? lets have the best players we can and if the happen to be british so what?

chill out

i think Liverpoolanytime was refering to Barry's racist outburst in another thread.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:36 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:
peewee wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

You C.unt!!!!

chill out

i think Liverpoolanytime was refering to Barry's racist outburst in another thread.

and barry is entitled to his opinon just as much as everyone else.
112-1077774096

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:41 am

peewee wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
peewee wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:

You C.unt!!!!

chill out

and barry is entitled to his opinon just as much as everyone else.

well a Liverpool football club discussion forum is hardly the place for Barry Belfast to share his racist views
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:42 am

Ahhh, now I understand why you said it Peewee, I stupidly assumed that you HAD NOT READ that thread, thats why I didnt reply, but you obviously have. So therefore I will assume you condone and may even appreciate Barry's views and train of thought.

Each to their own.

:no :no :no :no
76-1115222408

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:50 am

i hadnt read that thread when i made that first post but it wuldnt change what i wrote

why is it wrong to criticise a group of people who had acted so badly?

now you can hardly call me rasict.  I live abroad FFS so here I am the minority however i also know to behave myself and if there is something I dont like then I have the option of leaving, I dont go out and cause a riot. thats the point i think barry is trying to make in his drunkn state.

its ok to have opinions, let him air them, if you dont agree with them then thats ok also. race is a touchy issue for some people and they like to have a drum to beat and jump down peoples throats bt remember peole in glass houses and all that ...........................
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:09 am

Sorry but I dont live in a glass house, and especially when it comes to racism Peewee, maybe you are talking of yourself?

Anyway, it is clear to ANYONE reading this what you are trying to say, but yet are too smart to actually do so, unlike our drunken p.rat Barry!!

:cool:
76-1115222408

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:25 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Sorry but I dont live in a glass house, and especially when it comes to racism Peewee, maybe you are talking of yourself?

Anyway, it is clear to ANYONE reading this what you are trying to say, but yet are too smart to actually do so, unlike our drunken p.rat Barry!!

:cool:

you are not clever enough to guess what i am trying to say, anyway its clear what i am saying to ANYONE with an ounce of intelligence.

dont you dare insinuate that i am racist, my fiance is thai ffs. also i would not beat aound the bush with my feelings, to me a spade is a spade (no doubt you will see that as a racist comment) and if i have something to say about a particular race then i would say it without fear.

i believe that everyone is entitled to their freedom to say whatever they want about whatever they want, if that comment then upsets people then i dont really care.

i dont like people playing the race card to gain advantage, to me thats worse than the honest person who expressed his true feelings to start with.

no im not going to get into a lenghty argument with you again, i have made my point, if you want to think that i am racist then you are a sad man, not once have i mentioned your race, even when we had major disagreements, hardly the actions of a racist.

it makes me laught this perception that only whites can be racist, i see that all the time

crawl back in your hole little boy,

a c unt is c unt no matter the colour og their skin but i dont need people trying to convice me he is a c unt because of his race, i know my mind so much better that you do
112-1077774096

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:54 am

Well if you are not a racist, you could have said so in ONE sentence really. Why are you trying to justify yourself to me? 
The mere fact you have brought up MY RACE says enough for me really!!!  We were not talking about me or my race or any previous argument I have had with you!!!
I stated in a PM to you I hold no grudge and you know this anyway in your heart of hearts, whereas (evidence in this thread!) you will jump on anything i say to try and prove i am some sort of 'trouble maker'.
It is clear from your post you still hold a grudge. Shame really, considering you are 40 odd, thought you would have learnt by now, grudges are a waste of time!! 

I was only talking about Barry, not 'white' people(my mum is white btw!! duh!! Mixed race!!) or even society as a whole, but you have went off on a tangent, and talked about things I have said nothing about, but it just shows it is a question you feel strongly about, which is fair enough. Just seems a very bigoted way to look at life TBH.
And the most IRONIC part of your post is, where you talk about 'the race card' which I talked about in another football thread earlier in an analogy to people using Chelseas as some sort of scapegoat for LFC's problems. And guess what I GOT CALLED RACIST...of course Peewee, I know full well, you will see the irony in that, as will anyone with half a brain. So once again you are talking bout things I did  not mention here, and are issues TO YOU!!!!   
Dont use your problems in life to have a go at me or for that fact as a reason to defend racist comments from asupposed Liverpool fan (yea right!).

You always revert to name calling and I find it quite amusing TBH, as it shows you find it hard to communicate without being aggresive or derogatory. If you find it easier to get your message across by doing that, then fair enough, I do understand we dont all have the ability to converse at the same level.

Fiancee, stop lying, it is easy to lie to people in a forum when you live in Thailand (?), more likely a ladyboy you frequent and spend your paycheck on!
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion