ROBBIE KEANE: Official Thread - All discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:03 pm

made up.. love the lad..

on talk sport radio, the presenter who apparently broke the news we where after keane, said his contact at spurs reckons there gonna getarshavin and david villa now???  can't see it, can you?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Spurs are already crying about it

""I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale" Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:08 pm

He's no Voronin.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Just like to say to S@int that it was a great call by him a while ago, as I'm sure he was busting his balls for us to sign a player like Keane. His second link up striker prayers came true and we got the exact man. I few seasons ago, I called for the same thing, but he dropped off my radar. This will be the closest to Villa and Torres partnership that you will get. Keane is a very similar sort of player. Absolute brilliant buy for us. No, in fact it's a monster buy. We got the right man again here this summer. Well done, Rafa!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:He's no Voronin.

:D Agreed 100%.

Good buy for us this i think , although £20 million is steep , you've got to luck at the market . 28 year of age , his teams best player and proven to score goals in the premiership. Alot less of a gamble than Torres was this time last year imo.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Good signing cant wait to see him play with Torres and Gerrard. Happy days.
Last edited by Rush Job on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:03 pm

I think it's a lot to pay for someone at that age who isn't top echelon (Villa, Torres, Aguero, Tevez etc.), but he's still a quality player, and very much someone for the present.
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:58 pm

I seem to remember a big "unproven" discussion about Keane LFC, which of course at the level he's now at, he is. Obviously we're all hoping he will now prove himself now he's here in spades, and I just wonder whether people consider we've actually had to pay a "proven" price as opposed to a "prospect" one. It's hard for instance to imagine him having a good eighteen months and someone offering us a profit on what we've paid, although in the present market you can never be certain of course.

Certainly when you look at the sort of fee Fulham are looking to pay for Andy Johnson, who while being IMHO a good player is not to be mentioned in the same breath as Keane, it puts the fee into sharper focus. Compared to that one we've got a bargain IMHO. Similary if we're doing comparisons, we've paid around twice as much as we got for Crouch. Given the fact that Crouch didn't play over much, it might also be considerd value in that context I suppose.

Anyway, I'm happy. I think he will be well and truly proven this time next year and he'll look cheap. He might just be that guy as well that when you're playing sh!t and drawing 1-1 away at Boltoin with five minutes left who can just find something. Very often that something is not a 25 yarder necessarily, it could be a corner won from harrying the full-back, or a free kick gained through persistance which results in a goal. He's a footballer who appears to love the game, who has that dynamic enthusiasm for it, that infectious up and at em spirit. I'm happy, and as we all know it's not often I say that these days   :D
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:01 pm

welcome to Liverpool Robbie, ive no doubt you`ll be a success and do the shirt proud.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Tottenham Dave » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:17 pm

:(

Good luck Keano.
Tottenham Dave

Postby spion » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Rafa's aware of the history that the No7 shirt carries & I think after finally getting rid of Kewell he will take the decision on who wears it very seriously. Keane looked like our No7 as soon as i heard he signed, but now the dust settles I think it'll be whatever winger he has in mind & I think like last season there will be a surprise.
spion

Postby faldo » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:38 pm

its great to have another liverpool fan at the club,rather than people who are happy to leave and claim leaving for portsmouth is not a step down. to think guys like schevchenko and figo were liverpool fans,yet people like this never end up at liverpool.instead we get guys like dudek who won us the champions league ,in some hurry to sit on real madrids bench and make just 1 appearance for them. we get guys who tell us if rafa leave they are going too. we get guys who never turn up against manu season after season.

but then again harry kewell used the i'm a boyhood liverpool fan routine....even snubbed manu to come to us,yet it did not look like he had much passion for the club to me.
faldo

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:48 pm

Well we have struggled for years and years without league success, partly imo because we have had no creative second striker, maybe now we will win the league. My worry is that Keane is maybe not quite creative enough and more of a frontline striker. If he "clicks" with Torres I can see a fantastic season in prospect, and if nothing else I am sure he will create more space so Torres can do his "thing".

Its a big gamble by Rafa with a hell of a downside if it doesn't work, but I don't suppose Rafa will be still here if it fails anyway. I am hoping it works ,and a front two of Torres and Keane can't be any worse than a front two of Kuyt and Voronin anyway. (just to put things in perspective :D )
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:03 pm

Keep all discussion in here now folks.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:06 pm

"Robbie.....Robbie.....They Call You The Belfast Boy....."

Well, actually they don't.

So my whole song is pointless.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113