RICKIE LAMBERT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Sometimes I despair at some of our fans. Ricky Lambert will do a good job for LFC and the last thing he needs is people getting on his back after a few friendlies like I've seen in the last 48 hours. We haven't even got one competitive game into the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:24 pm

stmichael » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:16 pm wrote:Sometimes I despair at some of our fans. Ricky Lambert will do a good job for LFC and the last thing he needs is people getting on his back after a few friendlies like I've seen in the last 48 hours. We haven't even got one competitive game into the season.

The lads head really is in the right place and I hope he becomes a fantastic member of the squad. His general style of play just worries me a bit. Can he play at the pace that BR demands. I admit comparing him with Carroll was downright fkg cruel and I take it back  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:41 am

I think he has better movement and ability than Carroll to be fair. But can he do the job and fit in the team is another matter. I would love for him to do well, but if he keeps up those kind of performances, I'm afraid he won't get that many more chances.
alxy

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:48 pm

He was absolutely awful last night. Hopeless
Whatever it is that troubling him needs to be sorted asap, otherwise he will only deteriorate and get even worse
(if thats possible)
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:48 pm wrote:He was absolutely awful last night. Hopeless
Whatever it is that troubling him needs to be sorted asap, otherwise he will only deteriorate and get even worse
(if thats possible)
:down:

Up there with the worst striking performances i have seen.  And we've had Heskey and Voronin  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 am

Im not sure what people was expecting for 4 million pounds considering what that ***** Aspas cost. But Lambert will give us what he showed vs Citeh bring him on and he will bust his gut trying to get a goal he isnt the best technically but the guy wants to suceed here more than anyone else

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:40 am

LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 am wrote:Im not sure what people was expecting for 4 million pounds considering what that ***** Aspas cost. But Lambert will give us what he showed vs Citeh bring him on and he will bust his gut trying to get a goal he isnt the best technically but the guy wants to suceed here more than anyone else

aspas or lambert is the same to me regardless of the costs involved. neither is capable of having the required impact when called upon.
he is the wrong side of 30 and will only deteriorate further due to the lack of playing time he gets especially when sturridge returns.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:48 am

Here is an interview Rickie has just done with the Livepool Echo, he put's his performance down to fitness, have a read...

As penalty after penalty rifled into the Kop goal on Tuesday night, standing on the sidelines was the frustrated figure of Rickie Lambert.

Rather than demonstrating his renowned spot-kick prowess, the striker was left with his face pressed up against the glass as another opportunity to impress passed by.

Such has been the way for Lambert since arriving at Liverpool in the summer.

What started as a dream evening by leading out his boyhood club on his full debut in the Capital One Cup home tie against Middlesbrough ended in a familiar, nagging sensation of having failed to do himself justice.

Lambert may be back ‘home’ having made more than 600 senior career appearances elsewhere, but this season is proving new territory.

A regular at his previous clubs, the 32-year-old is adjusting to life as part of a squad player under Brendan Rodgers.

And Lambert believes fitness, as much as the danger of trying too hard to make his mark, is proving an issue – a shortcoming he is determined to address with extra work on the training pitch.

“I didn’t feel as sharp as I want to feel,” he says. “It’s just things, touches.

“That’s the main thing I want to look at going back into training.

“I want to get my match fitness up because obviously everyone knows I’m not playing every game so I have to adapt myself now.

“I think I’m going to have to do more so my fitness is up to the same level as everybody else.

“It’s not about getting used to be a Liverpool player. It’s my sharpness and my fitness which I need to get on the training pitch and start improving.

“We did have a few games at the beginning of the season, but it’s been game after game. I do work, push myself to the limit, but maybe I am going to have to go to the fitness coach tomorrow and see if I can do more."

Asked if he his eagerness to impress was having a detrimental effect, Lambert says: “Obviously that’s probably an aspect as well, which I’ve got to take into consideration and not let it affect me.

“But that’s just the way it is, and the situation I’m in.

“I’m more than confident I can get myself, and start contributing the way I know I can contribute.”

Lambert – still seeking his first goal in a Red shirt – has made five appearances so far this season, although the outing against Middlesbrough was his first start.

It earned the Kirkby-born forward the unusual accolade of being Liverpool captain on his full debut having been handed the armband by boss Rodgers.

“It was surprise,” admits Lambert. “The manager pulled me in and said ‘you’re going to be skipper’ so it was a great honour to lead the team.

“Was it dream stuff for a local lad? It was.

“But forgetting about that, it was a strange game. I’ve never seen a penalty shoot-out go on for so long.

“I’ve been close to it, but that surpassed it. We dug in. We gave away a bad set-piece goal again, which we are not happy with, but we dug in and we had to win on pens in the end.

“I kind of which I’d been out there for the pens, yes! But the lads were superb with the pens and so were Middlesbrough. Full credit, the quality of pens was superb.

“But I wasn’t happy with my own performance, so that overshadowed the honour of being captain a little bit.”

Involved in every matchday squad this campaign, Lambert is counting down the hours before the chance to tick off another achievement by appearing in a Merseyside derby, with Everton due at Anfield on Saturday.

“Hopefully we can get one over on them,” he says. “It’s always a special day against Everton and I can’t wait for it.

“It would be another dream to play in a derby. But I want to stay away from stuff like that now and focus on my performance and fitness.”
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red187 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:37 pm

I felt very sorry for the lad on Wednesday night, I dont believe making him captain helped him in anyway. It was an unnecessary pressure to put on the man and another sign of Rodgers trying to be too cute.

Dont get me wrong we all would love the opportunity to pull on the shirt and captain our team at Anfield but it was obvious to see that RL is lacking confidence and with the added pressure he was always going to try too hard.
Instead of playing his natural game which earned him the move he is trying to force everything which leads him to seem ponderous and awkward. Anyone who watched him play last season can confirm he looked anything but that.
red187

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:34 am

He wears the number 9 and he's captained us. More bizarre decisions from BR. I have nothing against Lambert, but when I were a lad, you had to be top boy to get the number 9. And captaincy came from years of loyalty and graft. Two more traditions diluted to worthlessness.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:03 pm

I know it's early, but....

I've seen nothing in the guy to show he will be anything more than a local mascot. At 32 he needs regular games to hit his form, but that's simply not going to happen, unless we have an injury crisis. Hope he proves me wrong, but to me he's little more than a poor man's Dirk Kuyt...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:18 pm

Lambert for four million or remy for eight and a half. Crazy business by the club
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:54 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:18 pm wrote:Lambert for four million or remy for eight and a half. Crazy business by the club

Still can't understand how Remy failed the medical with us but didn't at Chelsea. Would have been a very nice signing.

Some people say that he does some heavy drugs though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:30 am

lambs looke like a PR signing more and more, but he is a local boy and i wish him all the best and good luck in our team
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:08 am

Have to say Lambert really was abysmal earlier ,any other striker would have murdered those exquisite passes from Coutinho ,just wasn't on the same wavelength as
our majestic Brazilian ,but then who is ?  So far off the pace it was at times criminal.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion